About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

8 minutes ago, Zavala said:

aaaaaaand 

@REDCHASER

This guy will just keep coming back.  It’s not like he has a job or anything.  If I were an AD at another school I’d probably laugh at this A/C gate thing a little but I damn sure wouldn’t want to schedule these nut jobs to a home and home.  Why would anyone see this and think the swamp rats would be a great opponent for our fans/school to interact with.  

Edited by stork642

22 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Skip Holtz straddled the fence and I'm not surprised either. Given the clout LSU has in LA govt., no wonder he wasn't definitive. LSU isn't able to shut down Texas recruiting camps all on their own. They have to have cooperation with state and local govt.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If Texas has any balls whatsoever, they go after this and then force LSU to either entrench or force their fucking loudmouth woman-beating shithead of a head coach to issue a retraction. 

Yeah, pretty much this.  It's a pretty shit accusation to make.  Del Conte didn't establish a pretty golden reputation in his profession and decide to say "What the fuck.  We'll just shut down LSU's AC". 

• Like 3

Coach Obese is insecure, and when his team was getting called out for faking injuries to hang on against a "big 12" team he had to come up with an excuse instead of taking responsibility. 

Are we surprised the LSU D is overweight and out of shape?  That shit comes from the head coach, he leads by example.

The fans take their cues too, totally insecure because they thought they were vastly superior only to find out the are marginally better with the benefit of faking injuries. 

Go get that first win against Gump this decade little fella.

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

When A&M joined the SEC and thumped its chest about its big big big rivalry with LSU, I gave LSU the benefit of the doubt and took the position that it wouldn't be a rivalry because LSU was a serious program. 

Now I kinda think maybe the Aggies understood their own. The two fan bases are indistinguishable at this point. 

game knows game ,dog 

6 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

TriStone - that picture is a little ways past the line.  You might consider an edit.

It was 40 years ago.  I think people have had time to come to terms with their grief, but it's too late to edit so the point is moo.  Staff will pull it if it's too much.

ETA: I self-reported it.  I guess sometimes my humor trends a little too dark.  Sorry folks.

Edited by TriStone
  • Like 1

If the visiting locker room AC had been an issue when La Tech was here the week before, why didn't their players "cramp" like LSU's did? I don't remember many La Tech players cramping up (definitely not as much as LSU's did when we were driving). Just a BS story from O to deflect from his players obviously faking injuries.

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Not cool. Not a sauna. Would the term "room temperature" describe the situation, Mr. Holtz?

It’s kinda funny because LA Tech is trying so hard not to piss off the Louisiana hierarchy (LSU) while at the same time not incriminating Texas likely to preserve a future matchup. That entire state is so shit  

4 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

For the record, during our Alumni game, that is where our Alumni band sits. No special treatment or tickets for them either. If some of our 60-70 year olds can haul their sousaphones, drums, and other equipment to the Upper deck, I'm sure your 19-20 yr olds can too.

Alumni band marches up there without complaint.  Well, without any complaints that can't be fixed by ibuprofen:

Edited by Texas Jeff
  • Like 4

It would be the perfect ending if the AC hadn't been set cold enough for LaTech, they mentioned to the UT facilities guys, who subsequently made sure everything was working perfectly for LSU. 

I'm not all in on the FOIA request, but if the data were to back that scenario up . . . holy hell, can you imagine?  LaTech gets a warm locker room, doesn't act the bitch but points it out, and LSU subsequently gets a nice chilly break from the heat yet flops their asses all over the field and then lies to cover it up.

Are we really supposed to believe that NONE of the same players that spent all week talking shit to the media, pretending to be offended by warm-up shirts, stealing our water before the game, and taunting our fans as the game finished... NONE of them brought up the A/C in post-game interviews?  In what world is that even logical?  These guys have been trying to manufacture controversy all week, and we are supposed to believe that they all kept quite about the one issue that would legitimately be something to gripe about?  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I heard Chad Hastings tell This story on radio today...This tweet is incomplete. 

The lsu equipment staff was told by La Tech equipment staff to keep door to tunnel closed.  Otherwise the room for the equipment folks could be warm.  No problems with cooling in actual locker room.  Equipment guys from lsu brought extra cooling stuff for their equipment area.

And yes, Hastings said that a pregame visitor to the lsu locker room said before the game it was really cold.  Ed O's comments on bringing cooling blowers was regarding the room just off the tunnel.

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I heard Chad Hastings tell This story on radio today...This tweet is incomplete. 

The lsu equipment staff was told by La Tech equipment staff to keep door to tunnel closed.  Otherwise the room for the equipment folks could be warm.  No problems with cooling in actual locker room.  Equipment guys from lsu brought extra cooling stuff for their equipment area.

And yes, Hastings said that a pregame visitor to the lsu locker room said before the game it was really cold.

This is accurate per Chad. Also added that LSU has had problems in the past visiting Florida and Auburn where the lack of a/c was a problem so LSU brought extra cooling units as a precaution.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand