About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Really? So CDC could have taken action that could have resulted in the death of employees or students of another state university and that wouldn't have been a major scandal? 

Anyway he may be a "decent person" but his professional reputation is being destroyed in the media all over the United States thanks to Ed Orgeron.

And what evidence do you see that the party who created and maliciously spread this story just let it "go away"?

Anyone who believes Ed Orgeron and LSU over CDC and The University of Texas based on annecdotal evidence from the former isn't someone qualified to occupy a position of judgement, therefore they out themselves as the ones who's itellectual reputations are suspect.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Anyone who believes Ed Orgeron and LSU over CDC and The University of Texas based on annecdotal evidence from the former isn't someone qualified to occupy a position of judgement, therefore they out themselves as the ones who's itellectual reputations are suspect.

All I know is that this story is over on ESPN and other major media outlets. I don't think most people across the country are going to research this much. They are going to see the headline and believe it.

Edited by Valmy77

16 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There has been some good discussion here regarding potential rule changes, some good ideas. 

However, y’all are mostly discussing this now because UT lost. 

maybe others are, i cannot control that . Texas lost to a marginally better team on saturday  who employed bush league tactics to try to  help secure the win . thats it . we are taking the loss . many many posters here feel and say the same . some of the surly contingent are a little more .....well, surly about it,  and thats fine too . fuck it .why am i trying to  go over the finer points of sportsmanship with a sec fan . 

• Like 1

All I know is that this story is over on ESPN and other major media outlets. I don't think most people across the country are going to research this much. They are going to see the headline and believe it.

The Musers have talked about the situation at least twice this morning

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Really? So CDC could have taken action that could have resulted in the death of employees or students of another state university and that wouldn't have been a major scandal? Good point about the soveriegn immunity for the University but I have a feeling the fall out would be devastating, not something any AD would willingly want to risk even if they were a immoral win at all costs type.

Anyway he may be a "decent person" but his professional reputation is being destroyed in the media all over the United States thanks to Ed Orgeron.

And what evidence do you see that the party who created and maliciously spread this story just let it "go away"?

"Major scandal?"

You mean like Jordan McNair? That was a blip that we all moved on from long ago.

LSU will let this go, just as they did with the Kragthorpe story from last year's A&M game. It is becomming a consistent pattern with the LSU coaching staff to create these controversies and never be held accountable for their words or actions. It will happen this time, also. CDC isn't going to embarrass Orgeron or the LSU administrators over this. That isn't who CDC is.

This cramping ordeal has made me realize there's one huge difference between aggy and lsu.

Both have a large group of insane, mouth breathing conspiracy theory idiots on their boards (texags and tiger droppings), but while we often say that texags is a mouthpiece for the aggy administration, there is clearly a separation between the actual athletics staff and administration and the inbred lunatics on their board.

This little stunt (and the stories that have followed about LSU's lies and smear campaigns in the past) show that there is literally no difference in the folks on tiger droppings and the coaches and staff at lsu. None.

Making up an ac story to deflect from the attention that your bitch ass cramping strategy was getting is something straight off of texags. Much as it pains me to say it I can't ever actually see anyone officially tied to that athletics department at aggy endorsing a lie like this that could so easily be disproven. They love their lies, don't get me wrong, but generally they're harmless and about fabricated aggy accomplishments long ago, making them at least harder to disprove.

So, congratulations universe, you win. You actually showed me that there's a line of integrity even lower than what aggy will cross. Never thought I'd see it.

• Like 5

In the SEC, which boasts some of the best football programs and facilities in the country, visiting locker rooms are the dirty little secret.

“Whoever has the best locker room, hands to them, because some teams want to put their visiting team in the worst locker room possible trying to mess with their heads,” Georgia wide receiver Terry Godwin said last week at SEC Media Days.

The Tuscaloosa News surveyed more than three dozen players at the league’s annual preseason gathering. Of more than 20 responses naming a worst locker room, LSU had the most votes for being worst with four.

-

Alabama visited Texas A&M in September of 2013 and arrived to find the visiting locker room had no working air conditioning. UA brought in its own portable air conditioners to overcome the conditions.

-

Missouri’s issue is lack of space and air conditioning. Said Auburn defensive lineman Dontavius Russell, “It’s hot, so hot. I just hate being hot.”

-

What makes LSU’s so bad?

“It’s so small,” Florida defensive end CeCe Jefferson said. “It’s like little daycare cubbies and they’re like right by each other.”

Making it more cramped, there are lockers lining the walls in Tiger Stadium and another set standing up in the middle.

https://www.tidesports.com/some-sec-locker-rooms-make-opposing-teams-feel-anything-but-welcome/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I looked up the weather on gameday against LaTech - it was 100 degrees that day.  If they had walked into a locker room without AC - it would have been stifling.  No way they would have just let that go.

Of course not.  Everyone knows this is a lie.  The LSU fans are talking about it because they're stupid and want to deflect from their coach's bush league bullshit, and media outlets are running with it to get clicks.

Anyone outside of Baton Rouge that is actually stupid enough to believe it, well, they deserve exactly what they're probably getting out of life.  I pity them.

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I looked up the weather on gameday against LaTech - it was 100 degrees that day.  If they had walked into a locker room without AC - it would have been stifling.  No way they would have just let that go.

Yeah it was blistering hot. Skip would have noticed immediately if there was no AC, especially in a confined space with over 100 people.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well if it wasn't a sauna and packed with a whole football team this time of year it had a working AC.

a whole football team, who had jsut played an entire half of football, and other personnel also.  the AC was working its just hot in a smaller locker room at halftime. no one updates their visitors locker room.  Orgeron is a fucking bitchass cunt.  embarrassing for all of LSU that there coach is a whiny titty baby.   we get our chance for revenge.  I think this plays out just like Ohio State only in reverse order.

• Like 1

If the stadium is anything like the big AC systems I worked on in a previous life there’s temperature sensors all over the place and the data is logged and saved for a week or two, and probably longer now that hard drive space is cheap. I would love for UT to dump the data of the temperature of the visitor and home locker rooms for Saturday. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I was pissed and at the game. Had some swamp trash flicking me off for calling them sec sissies. Had to restrain myself because 43 and arrested for choking out some wannabe coonass isn’t a good look.

Fuck LSU.

Can you even imagine if non-SEC did that to SEC?  I mean it would be the lead story on SC etc.  Complete fucking joke.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Just now, blacklab said:

If the stadium is anything like the big AC systems I worked on in a previous life there’s temperature sensors all over the place and the data is logged and saved for a week or two, and probably longer now that hard drive space is cheap. I would love for UT to dump the data of the temperature of the visitor and home locker rooms for Saturday. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. We could probably prove the AC was on and functional during that time. I hope UT does that.

Discussed this morning on a local Dallas news talk radio station (AM 820) like it was the truth and the hosts were criticizing Texas for it. And they knew it was true because CDC also put the LSU band in the upper deck. This is the homer station for TCU games. So the LSU lies are winning the PR battle even though its total bullshit. Would like to see a response from Fenves as well. Fuck LSU.

Skip Holtz doesn’t want to get in the middle  of an argument between Texas and LSU. While what he said doesn’t come down hard one way or the other, anyone who’s not a mouthbreathing retard can read between the lines and should realize that the locker room was a comfortable temperature and o is a liar.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Can this kind of info be the subject of a FOIA request?

9 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Discussed this morning on a local Dallas news talk radio station (AM 820) like it was the truth and the hosts were criticizing Texas for it. And they knew it was true because CDC also put the LSU band in the upper deck. This is the homer station for TCU games. So the LSU lies are winning the PR battle even though its total bullshit. Would like to see a response from Fenves as well. Fuck LSU.

Yes this is exactly what I am seeing. Texas is presumed guilty.

This is a Hanlon's Razor for Oregeron:  You were either incompetent or malicious.  If the AC wasn't working and the training staff had not determined that prior to game time when doing a facilities walk through before the teams arrival and you hadn't brought it to the Texas administration's attention, then you are grossly incompetent.

Or you are lying, making you malicious.

There is no way you can put 100+ men who have been engaged in athletic competition in 100 degree weather in a windowless room without AC for 15 minutes. Fans will not make the situation bearable. People would have been passing out with in minutes of arrival.  If you've ever sat in a car in a parking garage without the AC,  it becomes intolerable with in a couple of minutes.

Skip Holtz is doing his best to say Oregeron is lying without explicitly saying it and getting in trouble with powers that be in LA.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 2

Once CDC dropped his statement,  it became who do you trust? A guy who goes out of his way daily for his fans, responding to and putting action towards their concerns, or a guy who had a great Micheal Oher story, among other great recruiting triumphs. 

I honestly do not care what people around the country think, common sense says that on a 100 degree day, no AC in a packed locker room would have resulted in hospital trips and even death. 

Embarrassing for LSU, they won, but seemed more concerned about defending their bogus injuries.

Actually the usual visitors seats at death valley are pretty good, down low in the south end zone/corner. Will be interesting to see if they put texas fans up high.
It's all spelled out in contracts years in advance, and there is a big difference between arrangements for conf vs nonconf games of both teams.

Let's watch the NW St. game Sat and see where visitors are seated. Pretty sure they aren't "pretty good". Anyway, if LSU cared about fan seating, it would have been spelled out in the contract they signed when series was negotiated.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Do you really believe that this is going to somehow seriously impact the University of Texas in some significant way moving forward?

Tap the brakes brochacho.

It's clickbait popcorn for the idiot masses.  It will be consumed and shat out as such.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Do you really believe that this is going to somehow seriously impact the University of Texas in some significant way moving forward?

Possibly. UT is ultimately a political institution that relies on the goodwill of the people. Our reputation is important.

• Like 1

I don't get why we never seem to fight back in these "make up and anti-Texas story" situations.  I would have released the records within 2 hours of that statement, even if it meant someone had to put in significant extra time to get it out.

This stuff has a knock-on effect.  People hear the negative over and over and then they'll start to believe any negative thing, no matter how silly.

41 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I wish we would sue Ed O personally for defamation.

Him and his fighting pussy cramped athletic dept.

It would come off as petty and the satisfaction wouldn't be worth the effort or cost. Getting some of the major sports media to put out the counter statements and evidence is probably worthwhile. But ESPN and their like may prefer to push the false narrative as agent provocateurs for ratings.

18 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Possibly. UT is ultimately a political institution that relies on the goodwill of the people. Our reputation is important.

Not with anyone that matters. Look, those who want to see bad with everything Texas will do so no matter the evidence put before them. OU fans, Aggie and an element of LSU and SEC fans will follow their cult religion. It's good that CDC put out his statement and if that data of the temperature log is put out there, that's great too.

Edited by sith_horn

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Our reputation is just fine and this won't add up to boiled owl shit.

Sound and fury signifying absofuckinglutely nothing.

• Like 1