What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Democrats not taking this opportunity to focus on the complaint itself, and instead focusing on why this dude took so long to get it to them, is a huge mistake.

i could be wrong, but you won't get much out of Maguire in regards to the actual complaint. He will say it his not job to judge the contents or give an opinion on one way or the other. For this hearing, Democrats are prosecuting the obstruction / coverup angle, which is what Maguire was likely a participant in.

Questions about the actual complaint will go to the one who offered it, the whistleblower, which i believe is happening in a closed door meeting.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

LOL dumbass just admitted that his earlier "I will not disclose executive conversations" was actually a "yes."

I actually lean towards that being intentional. Tons of people don’t like Trump, even within his administration, and this is a man who did just threaten to resign. It’s a way to say yes without saying yes. He could have just as easily said he couldn’t confirm or deny, but if there was such a conversation, it’d be covered by executive privilege and he couldn’t discuss. This is a sophisticated dude who was most definitely prepped for that exact question.  

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Jesus Christ--Guiliani is going to bring down the entire fucking administration in order to try to save himself.  He's got the documents that show who ordered the Code Red.

And he's still going to be dishonorably discharged for conduct unbecoming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ.  This guy absolutely refuses to just say what we know is true:  he claims ignorance of Rudy Giuliani's marching orders, but the fucking complaint lays them out.  He can't even say "what is said in the complaint is concerning and quite possibly illegal".

I'm surprised he hasn't taken the Fifth yet.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ.  This guy absolutely refuses to just say what we know is true:  he claims ignorance of Rudy Giuliani's marching orders, but the fucking complaint lays them out.  He can't even say "what is said in the complaint is concerning and quite possibly illegal".

He's a R who probably agrees with Trump's WS agenda. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

JFC.  So the president's private attorney was getting instructions from the State Department.   And they need to get Rudy's phone ASAP.  Yes, to a hearing, but that's secondary.

Yeah but Huma Abedin had state department emails on her home computer. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

JFC.  So the president's private attorney was getting instructions from the State Department.   And they need to get Rudy's phone ASAP.  Yes, to a hearing, but that's secondary.

As an agent of the govt, I assume Rudy was only using govt email and equipment to communicate.

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

It's shocking that someone like Maguire can't step up for the country and say that credible allegations like these should be investigated.   He can make clear all he wants that they are just allegations, but to dissemble in this context is just pathetic. 

He pretty much did. "I would not have passed this on to you if it shouldn't be investigated"

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

It's shocking that someone like Maguire can't step up for the country and say that credible allegations like these should be investigated.   He can make clear all he wants that they are just allegations, but to dissemble in this context is just pathetic. 

that was fucking shameful.

it is beyond obvious to me that his dissembling means that he is part of the cover-up. there is simply no other conclusion for me.

The audacity/stupidity of holding already approved aid hostage and then releasing it last week after your failed quid pro quo scheme is outed via a whistle-blower complaint all at the same time you have White House counsel/personnel going around and moving normally shared information amongst members of the administration to a more discreet computer sharing network.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As an agent of the govt, I assume Rudy was only using govt email and equipment to communicate.

How is he an agent of the government?  He is the president's attorney.  Who essentially admitted to conspiracy to commit multiple crimes (campaign fraud violations? bribery?  I'm sure more if I had time to look at the statutes).  And did so with the direction of the State Department.

Just now, pacman said:

He pretty much did. "I would not have passed this on to you if it shouldn't be investigated"

yeah, but he dissembled as to why it took so long. there was some stonewalling and equivocating about whether or not he spoke to the president about it, which made it obvious that he fucking did speak to the president about this, and that's part of the reason that it was not immediately handed over to congress.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Can you imagine the shit-show when anyone tries to subpoena Rudy's phone?  LOL

Just now, deech said:

Can you imagine the shit-show when anyone tries to subpoena Rudy's phone?  LOL

They need to subpoena that yesterday.  No time for the GOP to spin this.  It's part of the impeachment inquiry---the phone with text messages delivered on the House floor tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The man accepted the job as Trump's Director of National Intelligence on August 8, 2019. It's not like he didn't know what he was getting into.