Rachel Maddow slays Sean Hannity in the Ratings

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Haven't read the thread.

Has anybody made a knee-slapping hilarious joke about Maddow's appearance?   Because nothing's funnier than making fun of a lesbian's appearance, after all.

Man. I'm sorry...I didn't know Hannity was lesbian.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

And your point is?

Just showing a comparison from a third party source measuring both of the people in the topic of the thread.  Results were actually a bit 'Meh'.

My last(ing) memory of Hannity, in the Measured Times, was him responding to a guest who was simply pointing out Dems had approved 90% of Bush judicial nominees with a "THEY'RE AGAINST ALL OF THEM!" lol-shout. Completely unable to reflexively not lie. 

Then the GOP got worse and people let 'em.

8 minutes ago, LoneStarBiker said:

Told there would be no maths? #wrong

How does OP get "slay" from a difference in viewership of 0.9666% (58K of 6M total)? 

With that said, don't really care about either or who is "winning" - don't watch them.

Both are douchebags pushing their agendas. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rachel Maddow Just Became The Most Watched Show On All Of Television

Rachel Maddow had her biggest viewership week ever last week, and on Friday, she was the most-watched program on all of television.

Rachel Maddow was not only the number one show on cable TV. She was the top show on all of television. 3.43 million viewers is an eye-popping number. There are shows on broadcast television every night of the week that don’t get those kinds of numbers. For most of her decade on the air, Rachel Maddow was behind Fox News. It took Donald Trump and the Russia scandal for viewers to appreciate Maddow’s credibility, reporting style, and analysis.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/09/17/rachel-maddow-just-became-the-most-watched-show-on-all-of-television.html

maddow-ratings.jpg

Lol Hannity.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rachel Maddow Just Became The Most Watched Show On All Of Television

Rachel Maddow had her biggest viewership week ever last week, and on Friday, she was the most-watched program on all of television.

Rachel Maddow was not only the number one show on cable TV. She was the top show on all of television. 3.43 million viewers is an eye-popping number. There are shows on broadcast television every night of the week that don’t get those kinds of numbers. For most of her decade on the air, Rachel Maddow was behind Fox News. It took Donald Trump and the Russia scandal for viewers to appreciate Maddow’s credibility, reporting style, and analysis.

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/09/17/rachel-maddow-just-became-the-most-watched-show-on-all-of-television.html

maddow-ratings.jpg

Lol Hannity.

She’s the most watched show on all of television but some (many?) network shows get more viewers?    Do you mean most watched on cable, or that since she’s on every night, she has the most viewers?

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She’s the most watched show on all of television but some (many?) network shows get more viewers?    Do you mean most watched on cable, or that since she’s on every night, she has the most viewers?

From the article, "Rachel Maddow had her biggest viewership week ever last week, and on Friday, she was the most-watched program on all of television."

The shit side tries to "both sides" everything. 

Still waiting on that explanation and apology from Hannity for his role in the phony Seth Rich story. Maddow has never peddled a blatantly fabricated story like that. When she does get something wrong, she immediately corrects it and apologizes for the mistake. She's genuinely trying to report factual information. Hannity is a naked propagandist. 

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I can't watch Rachel because I don't want 14 1/2 min of background and context before she makes a point.

I fully agree that much of media(news and print) is bereft of background, but she is WAY on the other end.

Plus the constant hand motions are maddening.

I agree. Her style and delivery is a bit maddening. If i am going to watch an hour long pundit cable show, I would rather watch O'Donnell or Hayes.

Watching Hannity is like putting a hot poker through the eye. 

Trump deserves the 24/7 bashing he gets on MSNBC, but after awhile you get numb to it; I have to flip it over to FoxNews now and then to clean my palette.

9 minutes ago, yoladu said:

I agree. Her style and delivery is a bit maddening. If i am going to watch an hour long pundit cable show, I would rather watch O'Donnell or Hayes.

Yikes. I find both those guys to be insufferable.

I think Rachel is easily the best of the bunch. When she has a story, she's great. When she doesn't, she still has to go on the air. I don't always watch but sometimes I tune in to see if it's a story I'm interested in. I don't think it's too hard to tell, when she's laying down historical background, what topic of the day she's probably going to be addressing.

I didn't bother watching her Hillary interview last night. Apparently I missed a good show last Friday. 

I fucking hate the phrase "Watch this space."

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yikes. I find both those guys to be insufferable.

I think Rachel is easily the best of the bunch. When she has a story, she's great. When she doesn't, she still has to go on the air. I don't always watch but sometimes I tune in to see if it's a story I'm interested in. I don't think it's too hard to tell, when she's laying down historical background, what topic of the day she's probably going to be addressing.

I didn't bother watching her Hillary interview last night. Apparently I missed a good show last Friday. 

I fucking hate the phrase "Watch this space."

The thing that separates Maddow from everyone else is people get pissed when she goes on vacation.  There is a noticeable void in the cable news media when she’s missing.  No one gives a fuck if Katy Tur fills in for Chuck Todd or Lawrence O’Donnell.

But when Joy Reid is hosting Maddow for a week, it’s on.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The thing that separates Maddow from everyone else is people get pissed when she goes on vacation.  There is a noticeable void in the cable news media when she’s missing.  No one gives a fuck if Katy Tur fills in for Chuck Todd or Lawrence O’Donnell.

But when Joy Reid is hosting Maddow for a week, it’s on.

Maybe everybody just fucking hates Joy Reid a bunch ?

On 4/5/2018 at 9:15 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If you put out a better product, the market will reward you. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyella/2018/04/04/rachel-maddow-beats-sean-hannity-takes-title-as-most-watched-cable-news-host/

In March, The Rachel Maddow Show finished as the highest-rated show in cable news, with an average total audience of 3.058 million viewers--the show's best-ever performance in the 9 p.m. ET hour. FNC's Hannity was second, with 3.000 million viewers. Maddow also won among viewers 25-54, the demographic most valued by advertisers, finishing March with an average audience of 671,000 compared to Hannity's 616,000. CNN finished a distant third in the hour, with 382,000 viewers 25-54.

MSNBC has been experiencing a dramatic rise in ratings, finishing the first quarter of 2018 as the only cable news network to grow compared to Q1 2017: MSNBC ratings were up 30%, while both Fox News and CNN experienced declines.

In March, MSNBC's programming in prime time, daytime and total day all broke records for the network. The network's prime-time lineup averaged 2.398 million total viewers, finishing as the No. 2 network across all of cable TV. While Fox News continued its run as the top-rated network in cable news, MSNBC's prime lineup was up 8% from 2017, while both Fox (down 18 percent) and CNN (down 16 percent) were off year-over-year.

The March ratings results suggest Fox News' unrivaled status as the dominant force in cable news may be facing one of the strongest challenges in years.

So they are basically tied with 3 million Trump haters on one side and 3 million Trump lovers on the other.  Too bad there cant be a cage match to the death 

Edited by AtticusFinch

2 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Not if you're a leftie. It's just the righties that are clueless, right?

Anybody that watches Hannity on the regular (to do anything but goof on him) is a fucking moron.  He's an idiot, and his show is for idiots.  Complete mouth-breathers.  There's not a single thing to be learned from that show. 

4 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Not if you're a leftie. It's just the righties that are clueless, right?

If we're talking about the average viewer of both shows, yes, it's just the righties who are clueless.

Sean Hannity is an idiot. Rachel Maddow, not so much. I'm pretty sure their viewers are similar to the hosts.