Oklahoma State @ Texas - 630PM on ABC: Mensas vs Mullets

Hagbard Celine

8 minutes ago, Thujone said:

I don't get the belly-aching. I really don't. The Cowboys have had us pinned down for a decade. And in our house. They come in here again with the leading rusher in the nation, an electric QB and an unmitigated stud in Tylan Wallace. 

We, on the other hand, our secondary is a MASH unit. We were without Foster, Overshown, Sterns, Green. The backups come in and played their asses off. They held Wallace to like 83 yards. Held Hubbard to 121 on 37 fucking carries! 3.3 ypc. Come on. That's great defense. Gundy teams are always going to score. Watch the rest of the year. They are gonna light bitches up.

Our offense looked great. Duvernay. Man oh man. Thank you Art Briles for sucking a bowl of dicks and letting us get this stud. Ehlinger is an ace. Offensive play calling is pretty good. O-line and rbs look good. Ingram is healthy for the first time in his career and playing like it. Epps needs to grow a sack and play more physically.

The punt muffs, while highly frustrating, are fixable and part of the game.

Some of you need to refresh your fucking memories. Go back to the early aughts or post 2009. Remember those teams? Dominant in terms of talent and skill. Won most games on that basis. But when it counted, they folded. They tapped out like bitches. They had no fucking heart. They weren't tough. They were pussies. 

These Herman teams are tough, strong, have heart and give a shit. They are football players. Thank sweet baby Jebus for where we are right now. This is a good fucking team. Do they have work to do yeah? Are they beat to shit right now? Yeah. They'll be hitting the training table and getting better during the bye.

I recommend the rest of you complaining take that extra weekend to ice your vaginas.

One small addition to this welcome and accurate diatribe: look at all the first downs and minimal 3 and outs. the TH teams are wearing down Ds  and winning the physical battles ( mostly) and often TOP.

Injuries:

Marcus Tillman - preliminary MCL sprain pending MRI to check for ACL sprain

Jalen Green - dislocated shoulder - waiting on MRI

Keondre Coburn - went back in. No specifics.

Josh Thompson - "out for a significant amount of time". Fractured 5th metatarsal on his foot.

D'Shawn Jamison - stinger

Caden Sterns - knee injury, waiting for MRI

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I still don't understand the 2 point conversion call.  you go up by 12.  12 or 13 doesn't really matter.

I disagree

11 or 12 does not matter

but in a game like this with OkState having one TD and two field goals to tie is a hell of a lot better than one TD and two field goals for them to win

they can move to field goal range in seconds and the stall and take a FG

sure two TDs would have won it for them, but the green zone is the area where an offense like theirs stalls out

plus up by 13 if Texas does not call the give up call on 3rd and 1 for minus 1 yard and gets a field goal then they are up by 16 which is two TDs and two conversions for two just to tie instead of one TD and PAT and one TD and a two point conversion to tie

• Like 1

Lol at the "least satisfying win ever" people. As was stated above, the 2009 b12 champ game didnt exactly inspire confidence. Or how about one of our many 1-score games last year? 21-13 against Arkansas fucking State in '07 wasn't very fun either. Remember when Vince had to rush for a 1st on 4th-18 against the fucking Jayhawks? Yea, it should have been a much more comfortable win, but have y'all only been watching Texas football for like 8 months?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Just now, ButtFumble said:

I disagree

11 or 12 does not matter

but in a game like this with OkState having one TD and two field goals to tie is a hell of a lot better than one TD and two field goals for them to win

they can move to field goal range in seconds and the stall and take a FG

sure two TDs would have won it for them, but the green zone is the area where an offense like theirs stalls out

plus up by 13 if Texas does not call the give up call on 3rd and 1 for minus 1 yard and gets a field goal then they are up by 16 which is two TDs and two conversions for two just to tie instead of one TD and PAT and one TD and a two point conversion to tie

disagree.  11 can happen with TD ad FG.  12 forces 2 TD's.  simple math.  it worked so it didn't matter.

• Like 1

Lol at the "least satisfying win ever" people. As was stated above, the 2009 b12 champ game didnt exactly inspire confidence. Or how about one of our many 1-score games last year? 21-13 against Arkansas fucking State in '07 wasn't very fun either. Remember when Vince had to rush for a 1st on 4th-18 against the fucking Jayhawks? Yea, it should have been a much more comfortable win, but have y'all only been watching Texas football for like 8 months?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1980 grad, season ticket holder since 1996. I stand by my comment above...least satisfying win in recent memory
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3