2020 Coaching Staff

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

4 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

alright. with the total silence on this subject from media and Texas alike,  I'm going to assume we already have our last assistant pegged, and we are just waiting out the recruiting cycle to let Carrington do his thing till then. 

I hope. 

Phrasing.  Let's not @Nowthis whole thread up.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Hand dunked on this aggy.

Hang on, so now this thin skinned pussy has his profile set to private or something because twitter says he blocked me even though I’ve never interacted with him? So If coach Hand saw this guy’s tweet, wasn’t his profile public before this interaction? LOL. Did this baby dick snowflake really change his settings after his public callout of a “tu” coach backfired spectacularly?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Hang on, so now this thin skinned pussy has his profile set to private or something because twitter says he blocked me even though I’ve never interacted with him? So If coach Hand saw this guy’s tweet, wasn’t his profile public before this interaction? LOL. Did this baby dick snowflake really change his settings after his public callout of a “tu” coach backfired spectacularly?

Would you expect anything else from aggy?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

That’s what we call an aggy move

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

He must have blocked you somehow.  I can still see his profile.

That’s odd. I’m not very active on Twitter, didn’t comment on that tweet, and don’t even follow coach Hand. One would have to investigate who i follow to deduce I’m a UT guy (mostly reporters and some radio guys)  I saw a couple other people replying that they were blocked too.

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

That’s odd. I’m not very active on Twitter, didn’t comment on that tweet, and don’t even follow coach Hand. One would have to investigate who i follow to deduce I’m a UT guy (mostly reporters and some radio guys)  I saw a couple other people replying that they were blocked too.

Maybe the calls were coming from.... INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

This is his pinned tweet, pretty funny stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m assuming those 7 conference championships he’s showing for aggy with no asterisk include the same fake conference titles aggy has on the side of its stadium. 

That graphic is also great because Texas is clearly still the better program even with all their fake stats baked in. We have more bowl games, more bowl wins, oh and that pesky little national championship down at the bottom.

So his pinned tweet is basically just him saying they’re still inferior to UT over that time span, but they’re not as inferior to UT as the general public believes. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m assuming those 7 conference championships he’s showing for aggy with no asterisk include the same fake conference titles aggy has on the side of its stadium. 

That graphic is also great because Texas is clearly still the better program even with all their fake stats baked in. We have more bowl games, more bowl wins, oh and that pesky little national championship down at the bottom.

So his pinned tweet is basically just him saying they’re still inferior to UT over that time span, but they’re not as inferior to UT as the general public believes. 

This

53 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Also, if you throw out their unusual period of dominance from 1984-1994 where they won 10 of 11 (which is a statistical anomaly), the series from 1978 pretty much played out to the historical average. Aggies always like to start from some random period to prove the series was pretty even, but it wasn't without 1984-1994 factored in.

10 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

Also, if you throw out their unusual period of dominance from 1984-1994 where they won 10 of 11 (which is a statistical anomaly), the series from 1978 pretty much played out to the historical average. Aggies always like to start from some random period to prove the series was pretty even, but it wasn't without 1984-1994 factored in.

and they were busted cheating twice in the'84-'94 time period.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Not only that, the SWC had scholarship limits put in place in 1965.  We did pretty well once those were in place.

Not only THAT, but it’s aggy that was loading up on scholarship players that caused the swc to implement the limits. They were the ones abusing the system, but as per doctrine they claim Texas was the abuser. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

IT thinks they know the DT coach, but are sitting on it for the time being. Eric feels an opportunity to hire a pash rush teacher at DE coach was missed. Sounds to be a pretty low key name, mentioned he's asking around to find out if they're a good recruiter. 

so it is someone they don't know if currently (probably not in the local area then?), who isn't a good teacher/developer (which is ok, Giles is thought to be decent?) and they aren't sure if they are a good recruiter (again, not known to those dudes) - weird. 

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

so it is someone they don't know if currently (probably not in the local area then?), who isn't a good teacher/developer (which is ok, Giles is thought to be decent?) and they aren't sure if they are a good recruiter (again, not known to those dudes) - weird. 

Close, Eric was saying that there was a missed opportunity to hire a great DE coach. Instead, we are keeping Giles there and bringing in a DT coach. Could have upgraded Giles' skill set and put him at DT.

19 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Close, Eric was saying that there was a missed opportunity to hire a great DE coach. Instead, we are keeping Giles there and bringing in a DT coach. Could have upgraded Giles' skill set and put him at DT.

I assume this means Randall Joyner.

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I think Giles is a fine DE coach when the scheme doesn't ask DEs to not do DE things.

Oscar has produced just fine.  He couldn't recruit under Orlando.  Didn't seem to have an issue under Mack.

Let's see what happens this year when our DE's aren't told to just be space eaters...

He's been at Texas from 2005-2013 and 2017-present.

Oscar's players:

Tim Crowder - 2nd round 2007

Brian Robison - 4th round 2007 - 11 year NFL career

Brian Orakpo - 1st round 2009 - 4x Pro Bowler

Henry Melton - 4th round 2009 - 1x Pro Bowl

Sergio Kindle - 2nd round 2010 

Sam Acho - 4th round 2011 - Still playing

Alex Okafor - 4th round 2013 - Still playing

Jackson Jeffcoat - Undrafted 2014 - Hendricks Award winner - Consensus All-American - Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year - 2 year NFL career - currently in the CFL

Poona Ford - Undrafted 2018 - Big 12 DL of the year - NFL starter

Charles Omenihu - 5th round 2019 - Big 12 DL of the year

Ed Oliver - 1st round 2019 - Multiple awards - 3x All-American