Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Sounds to me like its Brian Kelly. Now before yall vomit shit out of your mouths..."BUT RGBIII WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ND FOR TEXAS".....I. DONT. FUCKING KNOW.

BUT...I will say that he has been mentioned before by IT. CTJ said this Sunday at the earliest, if they lose to Clemson they may drop out of the top 4. And IT said he has a lot of important football in front of him. I have no clue what his salary or buyout are but I am just trying to infer...

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I would not put it past John to want to go to the college game and 1-up his brother like he did in the NFL.  Those two assholes are as competitive as any two people on earth.  I could absolutely see John one day deciding that he wants to go to the college game and win a title there. 

Also he was born in Ohio like all the greats. Lets get this done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hang on. What the fuck? He said that?

AN AGENT’S TAKE ON TEXAS

Avert your eyes!

This is from our same collegiate agent source who wasn’t buying UT’s chances of signing Urban Meyer:

“Unfortunately the Texas job isn’t what it once was and they are WAY behind everyone else.”

“Galaxies away from Clemson, Alabama.”

“Hell, Campbell thinks it’s a major rebuild.”

“Way, way behind in facilities.”

“They are committed to being mediocre and that’s it.”

Of course I pushed back: “Campbell just trailed UT for 95% of their game. Facilities are currently being upgraded across the board. They pulled out all the stops for Meyer, so it’s hard to say they’re committed to being mediocre.“

None of what I said matters, however. He’s just sharing what the perception is.

We’re confident the president and the BOR are continuing to work hard to right the ship. Those efforts didn’t stop just because Urban Meyer coded on the table.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

Sounds to me like its Brian Kelly. Now before yall vomit shit out of your mouths..."BUT RGBIII WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ND FOR TEXAS".....I. DONT. FUCKING KNOW.

BUT...I will say that he has been mentioned before by IT. CTJ said this Sunday at the earliest, if they lose to Clemson they may drop out of the top 4. And IT said he has a lot of important football in front of him. I have no clue what his salary or buyout are but I am just trying to infer...

BUT AREGEEBEETHREE WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ND FOR TEXAS?

• Hook 'Em 1

So fed up with the “media” that covers Texas Football. Just want to shoot them all out of a cannon to Idaho. They write about potatoes. Most don’t care for UT football regardless of what they claim. Most still aren’t over FUPM. And quite a few work to undermine UT every chance they get. It is fairly disgusting and shouldn’t be tolerated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

SCENARIO 3.5

These candidates are in between the common names bandied about and the unicorn Scenario 4’s.

We’ve listed two Scenario 3.5 options: Dan Mullen and Gary Kubiak. Of course that’s subjective, though we don’t think anyone would argue with Mullen.

There’s a third 3.5 option out there. We’ve heard he wasn’t too interested in the recent past but he has some important football ahead of him. He’s yet another candidate where we won’t get a true measure of mutual interest until after the season but he’s materializing as a genuine person of interest.

This name would be big news nationally, but even bigger locally for the outlets who don’t even know a search is taking place.

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If they lose to Clemson, they will not drop out of the top four.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Could Nahlin be making shit up as he goes?  That's how this feels.  Don't get me wrong, I like him more than the other 9.95 cockbags, but it feels like he's just making a lot of this up.  He's a young ambitious guy that wants to conquer the 9.95 world. 

While it's certainly not beneath him to make shit up - I've seen it with my own eyes - I don't think that's what he's doing these days for the most part. He's connected on the recruiting/player/former player front for sure. I'm guessing he passed on what he was told by someone involved in Agentland without thinking much about what he was being told. Whoever fed him that info had an agenda and that part is obvious. One part of an agenda with that kind of take is obvious - "Texas is an abnormally hard place to win football games, so my client(s) would need a premium to even begin considering being a candidate."

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

SCENARIO 3.5

These candidates are in between the common names bandied about and the unicorn Scenario 4’s.

We’ve listed two Scenario 3.5 options: Dan Mullen and Gary Kubiak. Of course that’s subjective, though we don’t think anyone would argue with Mullen.

There’s a third 3.5 option out there. We’ve heard he wasn’t too interested in the recent past but he has some important football ahead of him. He’s yet another candidate where we won’t get a true measure of mutual interest until after the season but he’s materializing as a genuine person of interest.

This name would be big news nationally, but even bigger locally for the outlets who don’t even know a search is taking place.

Sounds like Sark after Dark to me

Nahlin shit the bed with that post. I don't care if that's what an agent actually told him, he has to be more lucid than that. It reads as if he's sleepwalking. 
They interrupted a game on Saturday on ABC or FOX to highlight the fucking Crystal Conte statement about Herman. There's virtually no other school that gets that kind of silly coverage while being as thoroughly mediocre as Texas has been. 
CC needs to get money in for upgrades across the facilities as soon as he can, but the rest regarding Texas not being a desirable place to coach is silliness constructed to pander to a self-loathing audience by an agent that thinks he's being funny or enlightened. 

I mentioned in another thread how I’d like to make Austin / UT the center of the universe for OL. Dope ass living quarters for OL at UT, free apartments for trainers to live and use facilities here, a place for nfl OL to come and train in the off season etc.

If you’re an OL, you will spend time in Austin / at UT at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

the rest regarding Texas not being a desirable place to coach is silliness constructed to pander to a self-loathing audience

we are in da nile about the degree to which the rest of the world will believe any narrative that is anti-Texas.   trashing texas is big business for the msm, especially in houston and dallas.

While it's certainly not beneath him to make shit up - I've seen it with my own eyes - I don't think that's what he's doing these days for the most part. He's connected on the recruiting/player/former player front for sure. I'm guessing he passed on what he was told by someone involved in Agentland without thinking much about what he was being told. Whoever fed him that info had an agenda and that part is obvious. One part of an agenda with that kind of take is obvious - "Texas is an abnormally hard place to win football games, so my client(s) would need a premium to even begin considering being a candidate."

A lifetime supply of McRibs

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

The coach that was one poorly timed sack away from having to play us in OT for sure thinks we are a major rebuild. 

Iowa State over the past 4 years: 31-18. 1 CCG appearance. 1 Liberty Bowl win.

Tom Herman over the past 4 years: 31-18. 1 CCG appearance. Texas Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Alamo Bowl wins.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

SCENARIO 3.5

The only person in the CFB ranks fitting the profile is Brian Kelly. There are plenty of reasons Kelly could consider leaving his "dream job" and anyone comparing his situation to Dan Mullen's hasn't done any thinking or research is just vomiting words through their keyboard. Anyone calling Gary Kubiag something trending towards a unicorn candidate is off their fucking rocker. These IT guys going on about Kubiag - fucking come on. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If they lose to Clemson, they will not drop out of the top four.

I remember when so many folks were just dead nuts certain that we needed OU to blow out all of their other opponents in 2008 so that we'd be where we needed to be in the BCS rankings at the end. This post reminds me of that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Taking a lunch. 

So to recap (I take no responsibility for how anyone interprets any of this) the morning shift:

Mickey Mouse cosplay why? (ESPN/LHN/Disney), airport picture taken of someone wearing burnt orange not Shelley Meyer, what exactly is CDC’s role—lots of comments, what was his role at TCU (did he even hire Patterson in 2010?), posters in drive thru’s buying McRibs, night shift getting even more annoyed with day shift, conference realignment talk (refuses to die) and why defenses suck in college—-most people willing to believe anything that suggests or can be interpreted as UM is still in play and will be hired (I am one of those people—FU Fight me!) I will take anything that also gives me hope and gets me thru the next few weeks. 

In short, 5/6 captains probably don’t care for TH and the potential of the Cheezit Bowl. Nothing we do in said bowl will eclipse what TCU v Cal did Ever. Game was a legend. It is not lost on me the two teams in that game as it relates on comments on this thread.  Here is a fantastic write up on the TCU v Cal game (if this doesn’t make you lol you have no soul):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/12/27/18157269/cal-tcu-cheez-it-bowl-2018

No one has been named to replace TH as HC. You can “wire” me your 9.95. Ha! 

We're dealing with a lot of serious shit here!

Latest Bull Durham GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Brian Kelly would not be good. He hasn't shown that he can make the next step with ND (Yes, he's having a good season, but do any of us expect them to win?). Plus, if he comes, that more than likely means Meyer to ND which would add an additional school to raid Texas.

ND under Kelly may be ND's ceiling at this point. I get we have been shit for a decade now but the ceiling at Texas is a step above the ceiling at ND simply due to geography (and maybe some academic shit).

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Am I missing the part where it's suggested it was Campbell's agent? Serious question, I've scrolled up and down. 

It's even more outlandish to think that a guy that doesn't have an agent, spurns them on principle, is somehow talking to one about the Texas job? 

Occam's Razor, Nahlin completely made that shit up.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since “facilities” has been used for years talking about player recruiting, and is now being talked about in coach recruiting, what exactly do we lack?

I recall when mackovic got fired, the main complimentary thing people said about him was he brought about much needed facility upgrades. So this is an ongoing issue for at least 30 years now. 

but we did the NEZ 10ish years ago and iirc that included some student athlete amenities underground. 

we did the locker rooms 4 years ago. 

we did the weight room not too long ago I think. 

SEZ project I believe has some athlete amenities in it, doesn’t it?

the practice bubble has been talked about, but I believe it is on the docket once SEZ project is done. At least to start fundraising. 

what are we lacking, that around 500 million over the past 10 years hasn’t gotten us?  Are we just cheaping out with all these projects?  Don’t know what to do?  

Just google Clemson, Alabama, Texas A&M, UGA, Ohio State, Oregon football facilities.  Then google Texas longhorn football facilities.  Up until 3 years ago, our locker room looked like something out of the 80s.  Our weight room had some fresh paint and mats added to it.  There are high schools with better weight rooms than Texas.  Ask any recruit that takes an official visit to aggy and then Texas.  They are light years ahead of us with it comes to facilities for the players to train, lounge, watch film, hang out in.  Clemson has a damn private basketball court just for their players to hoop at.  

This has been a problem for a long time.  I'll give Herman credit, he got the ball rolling on getting the process started.  But the Texas athletic department should be ashamed of themselves for letting our facilities fall this far behind.  The fucking bubble is barely holding up together.  Look at the indoor fields of the schools mentioned above.  With all the money they have, they've been sitting on it doing jack shit.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Brian Kelly would not be good. He hasn't shown that he can make the next step with ND (Yes, he's having a good season, but do any of us expect them to win?). Plus, if he comes, that more than likely means Meyer to ND which would add an additional school to raid Texas.

1) I'll take Brian Kelly's "next step" if it means potentially going to the CFP twice in 7 years, and playing for an MNC before that.

2) ND has academic standards that prevent an even playing field with the rest of the blue bloods and near blue bloods, which makes running the CFP gauntlet unlikely for anyone. 

3) Meyer to ND sounds nice, but consider that they don't pay well for assistants and support staff; they're not going to make someone the highest paid coach in CFB; and they're going to scrutinize hiring a guy with Meyer's background through a lens that other schools won't, and that may make him unhireable. 

Edited by closetojumping
fucked up my playoff count for ND
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah but how would a random agent know Campbell's thoughts?  

Why is it be hard to believe that Campbell's thoughts could reach an agent? Do coaches not talk to other coaches, who have agents? Coaches yap. 

Edited by UncleBuck

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Since “facilities” has been used for years talking about player recruiting, and is now being talked about in coach recruiting, what exactly do we lack?

I recall when mackovic got fired, the main complimentary thing people said about him was he brought about much needed facility upgrades. So this is an ongoing issue for at least 30 years now. 

but we did the NEZ 10ish years ago and iirc that included some student athlete amenities underground. 

we did the locker rooms 4 years ago. 

we did the weight room not too long ago I think. 

SEZ project I believe has some athlete amenities in it, doesn’t it?

the practice bubble has been talked about, but I believe it is on the docket once SEZ project is done. At least to start fundraising. 

what are we lacking, that around 500 million over the past 10 years hasn’t gotten us?  Are we just cheaping out with all these projects?  Don’t know what to do?  

Before Herman our facilities haven’t been updated for almost 20 years. The stuff they updated when Herman arrived was the easy quick stuff to turn around. Our practice facilities are dog shit compared to other peer institutions. 

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It's even more outlandish to think that a guy that doesn't have an agent, spurns them on principle, is somehow talking to one about the Texas job? 

Occam's Razor, Nahlin completely made that shit up.  

Exactly.  click bait shit.  Congrats Nahlin you are now skinny Ketch or sober Chip.

• Haha 1

1) I'll take Brian Kelly's "next step" if it means going to the CFP twice in 6 years, playing for an MNC before that, and potentially playing in a 3rd CFP this season.

All of got damn this shit here.

Tom Herman's your coach, but, "pass on Brian Kelly and *insert the postseason appearances you cited."

Who the fuck would satisfy some of you?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic