Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

To me the process is playing out exactly as you would expect.  A) Herman fails to meet preset standard for performance that was laid out to him prior to the season by CDC  B) Herman is fired for failing to meet that standard  C) Texas agrees to terms with Urban Meyer and finalizes contract  D) Meyer and his wife and family are introduced as Head Football Coach.  We just achieved step A a little more than 2 hours ago.  For the sake of stability of the program and the benefit of the players, they may very well wait until after the Kansas game for the rest to play out.  Until UM says no, this thing is still moving forward.  Despite what any knuckle-dragging Ohio St mouth-breather posts on Twitter or anywhere else.

As far as Urban's agent goes, Trace Armstrong fired Urban, and from what I heard and read, it was not an amicable parting.  As far as I can tell, currently Meyer only has a Talent Agent, but I can't seem to dig up who it is.  His booking agent is publicly available, but his Talent Agent isn't publicly listed.  I've put out some feelers to see if some of the people I know in the TV biz know or can get that info, but it's late Saturday early Sunday and this might all play out before I get a response. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

To me the process is playing out exactly as you would expect.  A) Herman fails to meet preset standard for performance that was laid out to him prior to the season by CDC  B) Herman is fired for failing to meet that standard  C) Texas agrees to terms with Urban Meyer and finalizes contract  D) Meyer and his wife and family are introduced as Head Football Coach.  We just achieved step A a little more than 2 hours ago.  For the sake of stability of the program and the benefit of the players, they may very well wait until after the Kansas game for the rest to play out.  Until UM says no, this thing is still moving forward.  Despite what any knuckle-dragging Ohio St mouth-breather posts on Twitter or anywhere else.

As far as Urban's agent goes, Trace Armstrong fired Urban, and from what I heard and read, it was not an amicable parting.  As far as I can tell, currently Meyer only has a Talent Agent, but I can't seem to dig up who it is.  His booking agent is publicly available, but his Talent Agent isn't publicly listed.  I've put out some feelers to see if some of the people I know in the TV biz know or can get that info, but it's late Saturday early Sunday and this might all play out before I get a response. 

Thanks - this is awesome because now we know Trace is not his agent, which means Kirk is 100% confirmed to be full of shit. Let us know if you hear back!

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Precisely. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Are you literally just here for the fisting? Is it your fetish? I'm worried word has got out to the fisting community about Futureman and the dynamic is going to change here a little. 

Uh, no... No idea what you are talking about.  Nothing to see here.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to this Futerman's profile handy would you. Asking for a friend

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Thanks - this is awesome because now we know Trace is not his agent, which means Kirk is 100% confirmed to be full of shit. Let us know if you hear back!

To be fair, Armstrong firing Meyer happened after the scandal and because he wouldn't take his advice how to handle it.  He got fed up and ended the relationship.  That doesn't mean that they didn't patch things up and resume the relationship.  But I've found no evidence to support that either way.  It's weird, because it's not usually that difficult to find the name of a big time coach's agent, if they have one.  That Barton guy's posts are all supposition.  He knows absolutely fucking nothing about what UM is thinking or doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trace Armstrong works for Athletes First, which is located in Laguna Hills, CA.

Correct. He’s at Athletes First now. Trace works out of his Florida office though and always has. Unsure if he’s back to repping Urban during this period; he could be, but would be awkward as Trace also reps Herman.

14 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Now I can go to bed feeling somewhat confident.. these last few days / nights have been a fucking roller coaster. Hope we get some smoke tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Off topic I know, but watching 1990 UT - UH game on LHN right now. I was a senior in HS that year and I wasn’t at the game, but I was in Austin. Got very drunk that night along with most everyone else in the city. Still one of my favorite Texas games. I wore #10 in HS because of Peter The Great...and Kirk Dressendorfer.

Damn, I wish I'd known that game was on. I flipped over just in time to see Houston go for 2 right at the end.

You and I are the same age. I was a senior in HS in SA that year too. For some reason, we got tickets to that game and went. My mom is a UH grad and Dad went to UT. Mom isn't really a football fan but she wasn't pleased that Texas kicked Cougar High's ass that night. She wanted to leave early IIRC. Man, that was a fun night. The guy who Cactus Prior told to get off the goalpost was my rush captain a few years later. I remember walking back to the car and seeing cars driving up-and-down MLK Blvd and people throwing cotton out of the windows.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Correct. He’s at Athletes First now. Trace works out of his Florida office though and always has. Unsure if he’s back to repping Urban during this period; he could be, but would be awkward as Trace also reps Herman.

Saw that he was living in Gainesville on Wiki but, you know, Wiki.

So this guys is stating the he speaks to Urban in the reg, and is going to tell everyone what his plans are without his blessing? So Urban would be an instant former friend.

Or is he saying that he’s doing this with Meyers blessing, even though he has had an all day media environment to say so for himself.

To me this screams full is shit

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I mean, I'm into seeing girls, and girls on girls, but that doesn't mean I want to see a girl fist her own asshole. Not the same thing.

What about a chick filling her ass with froot loops, milk, and another chick grabbing a spoon and having breakfast? 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I don’t really believe Sarkisian is a candidate, but if he is, why wouldn’t Kiffin or Hugh Freeze be ahead of him in the degenerate coach pecking order?  They’ve never coached a game wasted at least, and they have better records.   

I don’t believe Sark is going to be coaching anything for a long time if tonight really happened and he was smashed on the sidelines during their game. 

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

How do you embed a photo in here from your computer (i.e. not using a link)?

Thirteenth!

20 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Are you literally just here for the fisting? Is it your fetish? I'm worried word has got out to the fisting community about Futureman and the dynamic is going to change here a little. 

Come on now. Let the sock get a foot in it. 

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So this guys is stating the he speaks to Urban in the reg, and is going to tell everyone what his plans are without his blessing? So Urban would be an instant former friend.

Or is he saying that he’s doing this with Meyers blessing, even though he has had an all day media environment to say so for himself.

Urban and Trace had a falling out a long time ago due to the Zach Smith scandal. This guy doesn’t know shit.

It would be like saying I am a Texas insider but I pronounce it Beh-vo. 

Someone made the connection of RGL to Meyer/a well-connected agent before - would make sense if RGL was connected/related to Trace somehow. Trace is the agent for a lot of the top CFB coaches and athletes so would make sense that he would know a lot about what's going on.

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

He's dissembling.  He's making shit up to either make himself feel better or to try to make Texas fans feel bad.  He has no actual information, and you can tell that because he presents no actual information.  Everything he presents "is going to happen" not has happened and here's the proof.  If he's exchanging texts or emails with UM, all he has to do to prove his position is post a screen cap.  He hasn't been shy about making his claims.  It would be super easy to prove them with one little screen cap.  He can't say they're secret because he's posting what they allegedly say on the fucking internet.

20 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

Which makes the Barton post even more suspect.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

He's dissembling.  He's making shit up to either make himself feel better or to try to make Texas fans feel bad.  He has no actual information, and you can tell that because he presents no actual information.  Everything he presents "is going to happen" not has happened and here's the proof.  If he's exchanging texts or emails with UM, all he has to do to prove his position is post a screen cap.  He hasn't been shy about making his claims.  It would be super easy to prove them with one little screen cap.  He can't say they're secret because he's posting what they allegedly say on the fucking internet.

If he is Herman's agent he is trying to save his client by spreading shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean, I guess it’s possible that they kissed and made up, and that Urban may hire him to help him negotiate a $12M contract, but I’m thinking that might be a big enough deal that we’d have heard about it?

But I would imagine, with this big of a contract on the line, Urban’s using someone other than a regular joe on-air talent agent.

11 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

What about a chick filling her ass with froot loops, milk, and another chick grabbing a spoon and having breakfast? 

Seen it on consumption junction and surprisingly  it’s not as appealing as it sounds. 
maybe ebaum’s world. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

That Barton dude isn't Herman's agent and probably hates Herman like every other Buckeye.  He's was apparently on Meyer's staff at Ohio St at one point.  That doesn't mean he knows jack shit about what UM is thinking or planning on doing though.  And there's zero actual evidence to suggest that he's communicating with Meyer aside from his own claims, which many have easily been dissected and proven erroneous. 

You guys are being unrealistic and fucking retarded, it’s like when the hot girl in class turns your way and smiles and you think she’s finally done sucking off all the jocks and feels the same way for you but then she just asks to copy your homework, aka he’s not coming

• Fuck You 38

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

That Barton dude isn't Herman's agent and probably hates Herman like every other Buckeye.  He's was apparently on Meyer's staff at Ohio St at one point.  That doesn't mean he knows jack shit about what UM is thinking or planning on doing though.  And there's zero actual evidence to suggest that he's communicating with Meyer aside from his own claims, which many have easily been dissected and proven erroneous. 

I think he was only a GA. Most GAs aren’t really plugged in with the head coach, but anything is possible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Barton isn't Herman's agent his reported source of Trace ..... (it's late) is supposedly Herman's agent and Barton is the messanger.

59 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Those Olajuwon teams were really good. 

But don’t fucking kid yourself. Literally zero people outside of Houston agree with you.

Houston matched up really well with those Bulls teams and when Grant went to Orlando they had no talent on the frontline unless you count 18 available fouls. The Dream frontcourt mismatch was greater than the MJ backcourt mismatch. They win at least the second and likely the first.

7 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

You guys are being unrealistic and fucking retarded, it’s like when the hot girl in class turns your way and smiles and you think she’s finally done sucking off all the jocks and feels the same way for you but then she just asks to copy your homework, aka he’s not coming

BOMC 

Edited by washparkhorn
BOMC = aggy excuse for why tamu sucked ass; they are betas - every accusation is an admission

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Damn, I wish I'd known that game was on. I flipped over just in time to see Houston go for 2 right at the end.

You and I are the same age. I was a senior in HS in SA that year too. For some reason, we got tickets to that game and went. My mom is a UH grad and Dad went to UT. Mom isn't really a football fan but she wasn't pleased that Texas kicked Cougar High's ass that night. She wanted to leave early IIRC. Man, that was a fun night. The guy who Cactus Prior told to get off the goalpost was my rush captain a few years later. I remember walking back to the car and seeing cars driving up-and-down MLK Blvd and people throwing cotton out of the windows.

Remember being on the field after that win and seeing how big Shane Dronett in pads was.  Dude was a mountain. RIP.  

Wait a sec. It’s late so maybe I’m missing something. Harris whatever-his-name-is played for Ohio State, might’ve been a GA under Urban and now is a mod for a Buckeyes fan message board. He’s not Herman’s agent.

2 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

You may be right, but what evidence do you have?  We just made it through and entire Saturday where every pregame and halftime show at least mentioned the rumors, and we still don't have a public no, or anything close, from Meyer or his camp.  Plus NONE of the Texas media types or "insiders" have claimed he's said no yet.  I'm pretty skeptical about these situations, but so far this is unfolding like it's gonna happen.  It may not.  We don't know and won't until we hear a no from UM or see him get off a private jet in a burnt orange jacket.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

[Barton] says in there that Trace Armstrong is his agent. @derpyhorndog I think you were trying to find out who Meyer's agent is right? Thought that was weird though because I saw news reports that Meyer split with Trace after the Zach Smith fiasco but maybe they got back together. If we could figure out where Trace is, might help with the flight shenanigans.

But I guess this gives us a clear timeline - if Meyer says yes, it will be before Tuesday (so Herman has to be fired tomorrow/Meyer hired Monday), otherwise it's a no. Or Kirk is full of shit.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Wait a sec. It’s late so maybe I’m missing something. Harris whatever-his-name-is played for Ohio State, might’ve been a GA under Urban and now is a mod for a Buckeyes fan message board. He’s not Herman’s agent.

My reading of this is that Barton is not getting info from Urban but from Trace Armstrong.  If Trace Armstrong is really Herman's agent (Google says he is) then this is all a distraction to save Herman's job after today's win.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I mean, I guess it’s possible that they kissed and made up, and that Urban may hire him to help him negotiate a $12M contract, but I’m thinking that might be a big enough deal that we’d have heard about it?

But I would imagine, with this big of a contract on the line, Urban’s using someone other than a regular joe on-air talent agent.

He’s absolutely not using his broadcast agent. Different field. For a coaching deal of this magnitude he’s either back with Trace, went with Sexton, or sticking with his sports attorney from past deals to negotiate the terms.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic