Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

image.png

From what others have said here it seems like CDC has been kind of a road block in protecting Herman and the boosters are getting fed up with it. Also seems like CDC wanted to handle it solely on his own but boosters are sick of status quo and want to get Urban?

Could also indicate why Hartzell/Eltife has gotten so heavily involved, according to sources?

Just spitballing

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

There isn’t tens of millions of dollars in buyout money lined up for anyone other than Meyer right now that’s realistically available. If it’s not Meyer or as close to a sure thing as possible, get your bourbon stocked up. 

Maybe that's why we're hearing names like Sark. As close to a sure thing as possible. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

From what others have said here it seems like CDC has been kind of a road block in protecting Herman and the boosters are getting fed up with it. Also seems like CDC wanted to handle it solely on his own but boosters are sick of status quo and want to get Urban?

Could also indicate why Hartzell/Eltife has gotten so heavily involved, according to sources?

Just spitballing

Why would CDC protect Tom Herman?

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just spitballing

If this is true, CDC can get rightly fucked. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok you make a fair point. After thinking thru the last two weeks, there is a scenario where this deal could have been in place for awhile. That is where I originally started on this whole thing, and it was last week that changed all my thinking. However that info could have been incorrect and purposely leaked in a specific way, for some reason.

This has been going on for a while. November 11, Michelle Herman randomly started liking tweets from Courtney Smith about the Meyers being abuse enabling shitbags. Why?? We had just beaten WV. Why do something like that during a time where we are winning? The “Ok cool hook em” shirt just shows how thinned skinned they both are about everything. It’s very telling about their state of mind.

Just now, BrazilHorn said:

If this is true, CDC can get rightly fucked. 

Seems more and more this all about the fucking EOT saga. Donors pissed and threatening to withhold money if things don't change, but admin can't really take a side without pissing off someone (See Band etc). CDC caught in the middle. Admin also probably doesn't like the optics of firing tons of staff but hiring a big name coach / firing coach with large buyout. TLDR fuck 2020. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you go back to reports last season when boosters wanted him gone and some references I believe @closetojumping said was that CDC is the only one in Herman’s corner. 

This has since been corroborated by actual journalists. The dude wanted to let Herman have a chance to fix everything. 

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I hope I’ve been clear that I don’t know shit about the coaching situation in terms of new info. And I always have fun. 

I haven’t checked but I feel like you’re new here. If so, it might shock you to realize that some of us don’t give a shit about “camaraderie” with a bunch of assholes that can turn on you in a moment’s notice. I’m here to be entertained and debate. If me “being a dick” is an issue, it’s because you can’t accept what’s happened here - you made an absurd post, I mocked it, you took it personally, I mocked that, now you’re projecting something bizarrely about my “ego” - not that I’m a meanie. 

Alright Aristotle, let's have a logic-based debate then. Most methods of logic boil down to introducing facts and proving sources. We have several sources (RGL, Texans7, InjuryProne etc.) who have been correct about things in the past (re: recruits, Quinn Ewers situation, other parts of the Urban saga) who are stating that the deal is done. Some of those sources have said that an announcement would be made today (hence everyone's interest). If what you're saying is true, and the admin would make an announcement whenever Urban is signed, then why haven't they? Our other sources of info haven't been disproved. If they are, I will accept that. But your argument here isn't centered on logic, proving the validity of sources, or any other approach - it's literally been "I don't think this is true and it's wrong." You don't have a source or a fact - you are presenting your opinion. That's fine, just don't present it as logic. 

I haven't taken any of your posts personally, I just said that I don't appreciate you being a downer to everyone else. After establishing your lack of logic above, and taking your own admission of mockery in the above quoted post, I think it's fair to say you are being a "meanie", right?

If anyone's projecting anything here, it's you, isn't it? It would seem that you took it personally that I called you out, tried to defend it by saying you're having a "debate" (despite your clear lack of any attempt to introduce facts or prove sources), and now are resorting to mockery (again, as you yourelf stated). Mockery without facts is just an ad hominem attack.

CDC is an empty suit. Frankly, I don’t know how he keeps his job after his handling of the 2020 fuckery. Hartzell is basically playing de facto AD for this Meyer stuff. I really like CDC because he’s a charismatic and friendly guy, nothing there not to like. He’s just not suited for this job. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

CDC is an empty suit. Frankly, I don’t know how he keeps his job after his handling of the 2020 fuckery. Hartzell is basically playing de facto AD for this Meyer stuff. I really like CDC because he’s a charismatic and friendly guy, nothing there not to like. He’s just not suited for this job. 

Aren't you the one saying this is done and urban is coming

5 minutes ago, Filet-o-fish said:

With an extension too. You'd almost have to to stabilize things. This could go from great to FUBAR

Wouldn't the money for an extension come from the same people that are not willing to pay for a buy out if it is not Urban? So they are not willing to pay for Fickell but they will roll out their dollars for Herman? Herman is done, if he is here next year he is dead man walking under the same contract and CDC is on the hot seat.

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

LOL wut. Then who is suited for it?

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Seems more and more this all about the fucking EOT saga. Donors pissed and threatening to withhold money if things don't change, but admin can't really take a side without pissing off someone (See Band etc). CDC caught in the middle. Admin also probably doesn't like the optics of firing tons of staff but hiring a big name coach / firing coach with large buyout. TLDR fuck 2020. 

They fired a bunch of dead weight from AD.

I liken this to a company that’s struggling. Perhaps you’ve had to lay off some people (which sucks) because revenues are down etc. 

You then sack old CEO, typically with a payout and go hire who you think can best steer company back to success.

You don’t layoff people because current CEO sucks and has driven business into ground and then double down and keep fucker around. 

This isn’t that hard. Challenge is academics think in terms of tenure/being protected

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic