Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
19 minutes ago, utexas8 said:
Some poster on IT said practice was cancelled due to COVID concerns.

Also lol, Vance is one of us.

04195ed1e776e490a9b2f90e93a30b8e.jpg

Read more  

Covid concerns could easily be a cover. When you must unexpectedly cancel practice and don't want to give your team the real reason, you say "covid concerns."

Or it's likely just a cancelled Sunday practice (which isn't typically a real install practice in any event) the day after a road trip with another road trip Friday.    It could mean something but that is the most likely scenario.  It would be a little more shocking to cancel a Tuesday practice but a Sunday practice?  Nah.

Looks like I picked the wrong Starbucks this morning when I easily could have done HP Village location for the bonus MILF situation. And just for fun I have a text into one BMD friend to see what he is hearing. I see some BMDs on TV at the hoops game on ESPN, checking their phones a lot. Hmm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Or it's likely just a cancelled Sunday practice (which isn't typically a real install practice in any event) the day after a road trip with another road trip Friday.    It could mean something but that is the most likely scenario.  It would be a little more shocking to cancel a Tuesday practice but a Sunday practice?  Nah

Canceling Sunday practices is shocking because that's our best practice of the week according to Tom. 

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Re: practice cancellation - Gonna need to talk to the players at some point, but now is not that time (I suppose).

That would have been an uncomfortable practice. 

It would've been really uncomfortable when he had to pass out new playbooks with Longhorn decals placed over the OSU logo on the playbook.

• Hook 'Em 1

Put me in the camp of a verified practice cancellation means something is going on.

We've said for a while that cdc would probably not act on Tom until we're officially out of b12 contention. That happened last night. That part is done.

Leading up to today, the common refrain was that if Tom was coaching at Sunday practice after we're officially eliminated, that's a bad sign. I've been anxiously watching that part.

Now practice is cancelled, and we're supposed to believe it's just rest? These guys are banged up every week, and we practice. I don't buy that and I don't buy covid from a group who flew together as recently as last night.

If practice is really off, I personally find the most likely explanation to be that something is going down. Doesn't mean Urban, but something with Tom for sure.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

LOLOLOL.  That's a perfect reflection of MENSA culture.  Soft.  

Practice isn't exactly intense across the board (NFL/NCAA) this time of year.  It's a Sunday 'practice' day after a road trip W with one of the worst teams in D1 up next week.   Could it be "cover" for something else?  Sure.  But there really isn't anything shocking about cancelling Sunday practice given the circumstances.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Or it's likely just a cancelled Sunday practice (which isn't typically a real install practice in any event) the day after a road trip with another road trip Friday.    It could mean something but that is the most likely scenario.  It would be a little more shocking to cancel a Tuesday practice but a Sunday practice?  Nah.

I dunno. Not sure I buy that excuse, definitely something to watch....

In a perfect world. Herman is being fired today. They just coincidentally cancelling practice for any other reason seems to defy logic. 

Not saying its not being cancelled for other reasons. But when the whole CFB world is waiting on this to happen. Cancelling for any ther reason seems ...weird?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'm the opposite here.  why would you cancel Sunday when it is always our best practice of the week?

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like I picked the wrong Starbucks this morning when I easily could have done HP Village location for the bonus MILF situation. And just for fun I have a text into one BMD friend to see what he is hearing. I see some BMDs on TV at the hoops game on ESPN, checking their phones a lot. Hmm.

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Practice isn't exactly intense across the board (NFL/NCAA) this time of year.  It's a Sunday 'practice' day after a road trip W with one of the worst teams in D1 up next week.   Could it be "cover" for something else?  Sure.  But there really isn't anything shocking about cancelling Sunday practice given the circumstances.

Except we've struggled to beat that worst team in D-1 for the past two years? Not saying run them ragged but a day off for beating a meddling KSU team is horseshit, just because KU is dogshit too.. Nah 

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Put me in the camp of a verified practice cancellation means something is going on.

We've said for a while that cdc would probably not act on Tom until we're officially out of b12 contention. That happened last night. That part is done.

Leading up to today, the common refrain was that if Tom was coaching at Sunday practice after we're officially eliminated, that's a bad sign. I've been anxiously watching that part.

Now practice is cancelled, and we're supposed to believe it's just rest? These guys are banged up every week, and we practice. I don't buy that and I don't buy covid from a group who flew together as recently as last night.

If practice is really off, I personally find the most likely explanation to be that something is going down. Doesn't mean Urban, but something with Tom for sure.

Agree. I don't know how these things typically work, but wouldn't players typically be given the first notice? Instead, they'll find out through twitter.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

I'm the opposite here.  why would you cancel Sunday when it is always our best practice of the week?

I mean I think we've all known that Herman BS coach speak.  I think it's just as likely coaches are coasting and want a break, want goodwill from players after a W, etc.   I'm just saying none of us would blink an eye if we were undefeated right now and Sunday practice was cancelled.  Coaches do this shit all the time in the NFL after a W.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic