Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Signing day and Urban Meyer.

I agree with this. Or if not Meyer, some other coach that is still in season. There may actually be a coaching search. And, since the statesman reporters can’t actually read a statement, I have doubts as to their interpretation of their sources.

Edited by Daichee Bell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Urban Meyer is not off the table until he publicly announces he will not be the coach at Texas.

I wish this where true and maybe so, but you can move forward by firing Herman after the cancelation announcement. Then you do your coaching search. If its Meyer or someone else. We move forward.

Edited by ckhorn

43 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Dude!  He's never going to fuck you.  Let it go and move the fuck on!

fuccboi ran when i approached him at the golf course 

fuccboi called the cops on me & my woos 

Spoiler

everytime u people cap for @closetojumping is going to make it even more salty when i mollywhop that fuccboi on camera 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

He confirmed TH will be the coach "moving forward into next season". Next season starts for us in less than 3 weeks.

It’s as if some have never paid attention to coach/owner/gm/AD-speak.
Herman may very well be the HC at Texas next fall, but nothing CDC said today confirmed that.
And this Bohls and Brian Davis shit? Running with the headline they did, then confirming with their two sources? They are quite possibly, no, THEY ARE the worst reporters I’ve ever seen working for a beat for a city paper. I thought the Houston Chronicle guys were bad, but these two Statesman hacks have shown a whole new level of poor journalism.

18 minutes ago, MoJames said:

emoji55.png6b60c58e60d9f94e6942a115a45061c1.jpg

The vote of confidence was telegraphed and people still freaked out. I bet there are a lot of posters on this site that believe a stripper when she says “I’ve never done anything like this before!” 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

FWIW: "Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment."

2021 is in 20 days. The 2021 season starts for us even before that, as soon as our bowl game ends. This isn't really that difficult to understand, is it?

Edited by wood

Just now, hornfromdallas said:

fuccboi ran when i approached him at the golf course 

fuccboi called the cops on me & my woos 

Reveal hidden contents

everytime u people cap for @closetojumping is going to make it even more salty when i mollywhop that fuccboi on camera 

Ok, wow.  You're fucking obsessed.  I'd call the cops on you too ya psycho.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Didn’t CTJ say that CDC would offer this vote of confidence and we would predictably meltdown? 

no he stole that from another person that posted it day before him with the exact words

Spoiler

& if that fuccboi keeps being a fraud i wont let him run to call the cops next time i see him 

• Fuck You 3

FWIW: "Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment."

This is incredible. “He confirmed it to us in a phone call, himself. But we went and asked a second source to confirm it!” Lol
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

The vote of confidence was telegraphed and people still freaked out. I bet there are a lot of posters on this site that believe a stripper when says “I’ve never done anything like this before!” 

Yep, and "I'm working my way through Engineering School" gets 'em every time, lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

No, it isn't. But I think the vagueness only applies to one other coach. If Urban Meyer isn't hired, Tom Herman will be retained.

We'll see. I just doubt TH is the coach when we take the field against UL next year.

This is done guys. CDC shit the bed and should be the 1st to go. We are wanting to save what 5 mill here. We are still going to owe the shit another 20 after next year. How much does the University lose in revenue over the next year because we have incompetent management and coach.

9 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:
no he stole that from another person that posted it day before him with the exact words
Spoiler

& if that fuccboi keeps being a fraud i wont let him run to call the cops next time i see him 

Wait, you followed him to a golf course to beat him up because he said mean things about you on the internet? Y'all know each other in real life?

Edited by Cashdaddyblumpkins
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MoJames said:

emoji55.png6b60c58e60d9f94e6942a115a45061c1.jpg

It's not the vote of confidence that is causing the meltdown. It is all the fucking assface "journalists" taking the story, misinterpreting it (whether purposefully or accidentally), running with it and then pulling random sources out of their ass that seem to be just ambigious to support their very unambiguous reports. 

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, it isn't. But I think the vagueness only applies to one other coach. If Urban Meyer isn't hired, Tom Herman will be retained.

This simply is not true. You keep saying this but I’m really confident there are other coaches as well. 

The entire purpose of the statement from CDC was to sure up our NS1 guys. If he releases that statement and then waffles on the obvious follow up question, then the first statement was worthless. 

We knew this was coming with NS1 happening soon. And we know that we’re still a month or more away from CUM turning us down 100%. I’d say it’s 50-60% Tom is here for 21 season, but what do I know. It’s not like I’m the senior sports writer for the AAS. 

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Some of you folks shouldn't go into politics.

"Tom Herman is our coach" = currently, right now, and subject to change.

"Bringing Herman back in 2021" = Tom Herman will remain our coach at least until January, so no changes until the season is fully completed.

"Herman is our coach moving forward into next season" = with each passing moment we are moving forward towards next season and Herman is currently our coach in that process.

It is not hard to say "Tom Herman will be our football coach for the 2021 season."

The fact that this statement has not been made is not accidental. Maybe Herman comes back and maybe he doesn't, but cdc has intentionally avoided saying anything definitive on the matter today. Pretending he has made a definitive statement is almost bending over backwards to read words into what he's said that he's gone to great lengths not to say.

Chill.

Este. Exactly.

He could have easily just said "TH will be the Head Coach for the 2021 season". He didn't. He said he'd be the coach "moving forward into the 2021 season". He did that for a reason. 

Edited by wood
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

New QB + shit o line + WR who can't get open. Should be a fun year

It's only a problem if Bijan runs for fewer than 250 yards on the 7 carries per game his wannabe egghead coach gives him.

Edited by TexArcher

9 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The vote of confidence was telegraphed and people still freaked out. I bet there are a lot of posters on this site that believe a stripper when says “I’ve never done anything like this before!” 

"Oh, it's soooo big!"

6 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

What the fuck is wrong with you other than the dallas part?

That does explain quite a bit.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's not the vote of confidence that is causing the meltdown. It is all the fucking assface "journalists" taking the story, misinterpreting it (whether purposefully or accidentally), running with it and then pulling random sources out of their ass that seem to be just ambigious to support their very unambiguous reports. 

Which is what they always do. FCB gonna FCB. Ketch gonna Ketch.

2 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

The entire purpose of the statement from CDC was to sure up our NS1 guys. If he releases that statement and then waffles on the obvious follow up question, then the first statement was worthless. 

We knew this was coming with NS1 happening soon. And we know that we’re still a month or more away from CUM turning us down 100%. I’d say it’s 50-60% Tom is here for 21 season, but what do I know. It’s not like I’m the senior sports writer for the AAS. 

giphy.gif

Will y'all calm down?

We've got a backup plan beyond James Franklin, and he's won a MNC:

On 12/10/2020 at 1:51 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

So, that second flight's plane has been at;  State College, Raleigh Durham, and OSU in the last couple of days.

Edited by clapclapclap
Just need to lock down Madison recruits
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

So did we.  Buttfucked with no lube by Turtle Tom and CDC.

Well, I'm sure Tom is out on the road right now getting turned down by recruits.

I hate stuff right now. Will feel better later.

You’re having back door sex all wrong. With lube it’s ah-mazing!

• Hook 'Em 2

Meltdown also being caused by the fact that we have to be in this situation in the first place. Most of us know what’s happening. We do. But there is also a fear based on plenty of precedent that we will fuck things up. 
To the rest of the world and future recruits we look like a shitshow. Because they aren’t trying to read between the lines. Or go on surly or some 9.95 site. players were told he was staying because loose lips sink ships. This explains the recent rash of opt outs. 

I would probably avoid all internet sports sites like yahoo, CBS, ESPN for the time being though. Not good for high blood pressure. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

So did we.  Buttfucked with no lube by Turtle Tom and CDC.

Well, I'm sure Tom is out on the road right now getting turned down by recruits.

I hate stuff right now. Will feel better later.

You’re having back door sex all wrong. With enough lube it’s ah-mazing!

5 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

oh yeah he sured up those guys.  for shore.  most def. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic