Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I understand how to read it the way you do. I’m just done with conspiracy theories 

But there’s no conspiracy theories. The statement makes absolutely no mention of the future.

CDC very obviously wanted to issue a statement that could tide everyone over through early signing day, but would leave him enough wiggle room to make a change before the season. I don’t think he anticipated the “TOM HERMAN WILL ABSOLUTELY RETURN IN 2021” headlines from his hollow statement, and that’s where we currently are at the moment.

If we pull a big fish in the near future, this will be forgotten. If CDC is actually planning to bring Herman back, then he needs to be fired immediately for incompetence in the issuance of this statement.
  • Hook 'Em 3

CTJ mentioned there was a new candidate who they were confident was worth the buy out. Now you have to calm Tom down and put the urban shit to rest for good. Best way to do it is say some vague shit about herman being our coach because he is...until he’s not. Wait for the CFP to end and announce a surprise hire that all happened in the last 24 hours end Texas is so happy this guy wanted to come here. Who the fuck would be angry with CDC if he replaced herman with a better coach? The players certainly don’t give a fuck lulz. I’m not sure why everybody’s hair is on fire now. We were told this was coming lol. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

You are a dumb mother fucker you know that. What you just said about knowing what the players were told is exactly why the players were told that. Have some self awareness for once. That locker room leaks like a sieve much like your mouth. 

yea because lying to your best players during the era of transfer portal & social media would work out well 

Spoiler

stop gobbling my glizzy fuccboi 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Well, Corpus is nice in Oct, the crowds are very light and the winds are usually blowing out so it's a good time to try your hand at kite surfing.

DO IT!

Last Texas OU we were down there, Saturday night we were driving back from PINS on 22, in my old 7.3L which I love like nothing else and looking back at this sunset over the island.  We surf fished for the first time ever and rediscovered how much fun playing in the surf can be. There’s a lot of world to see and being a Texas football fan is getting in the way.

69B386B9-B00B-4D4E-8935-333F4A9723D4.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

Of course the official line is that Herman coming back next season.  He is coming back for every season through 2023 as per the terms of his contract.  At least until it is determined he should no longer be the "current head coach."

I would have been happy enough to see him fired after last season, or at some point earlier this season.  I still have some patience, and can wait for a few weeks before storming Bellmont.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

CTJ mentioned there was a new candidate who they were confident was worth the buy out. Now you have to calm Tom down and put the urban shit to rest for good. Best way to do it is say some vague shit about herman being our coach because he is...until he’s not. Wait for the CFP to end and announce a surprise hire that all happened in the last 24 hours end Texas is so happy this guy wanted to come here. Who the fuck would be angry with CDC if he replaced herman with a better coach? The players certainly don’t give a fuck lulz. I’m not sure why everybody’s hair is on fire now. We were told this was coming lol. 

Shit it Saban or Dabo. Mother truckers we BACK!!$ 

1 minute ago, hornfromdallas said:

yea because lying to your best players during the era of transfer portal & social media would work out well 

Hide contents

stop gobbling my glizzy fuccboi 

It would work out just fine if you hire a better coach. We stole Oregon’s softball coach then their best player went in the portal to come here and was a bad ass. If Whittington transfers then the next team gets a China doll who is slow now. He’s also loyal to an alcoholic non-coaching pile of dog shit. No love loss bro. You are what’s wrong with Texas right now. We gotta worry about social media LULZ. We have sucked for 10 years and you wanna consult Instagram/Twitter before CDC tells the team something. 

50 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is a pretty crystal clear signaling to me from Del Conte. He didn't talk about Herman being the coach going forward or into 2021. More importantly, he talked about evaluating coaches at the end of the season, then went out of his way to point out that the REGULAR season is over. He's setting up a change, sometime in the coming weeks after the bowl games and playoffs. 

Yeah, kinda interesting quote in FUCK CHIP BROWN article:  "Asked by Horns247 if that means Herman will be the coach at Texas in 2021, Del Conte said, "That's accurate. Tom Herman is our coach moving forward into next season."

Would be awesome if CDC somehow replaces Herman before the 2021 Spring practices start... 😂😂😂

(Btw... I really don't care if CDC now says Mensa is returning, and then still fires his ass in the next couple of months.)

16 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

But there’s no conspiracy theories. The statement makes absolutely no mention of the future.

CDC very obviously wanted to issue a statement that could tide everyone over through early signing day, but would leave him enough wiggle room to make a change before the season. I don’t think he anticipated the “TOM HERMAN WILL ABSOLUTELY RETURN IN 2021” headlines from his hollow statement, and that’s where we currently are at the moment.

If we pull a big fish in the near future, this will be forgotten. If CDC is actually planning to bring Herman back, then he needs to be fired immediately for incompetence in the issuance of this statement.

How do you explain away this quote from the article?

Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment.

Maybe this is some Bill Clinton-style BS; technically Herman could be fired January 2 and it'd be true.

Edited by Ultimate Failure
enhance

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

The amusing thing to me, and why I probably seem extremely calm is because I am.

The worst possible outcome, which is Herman returns, means I have fall Saturdays to off road, do some track days, fly airplanes, travel, play poker and maybe mix in some sexy time. 

I am remarkably okay with that option.

Same here.  The Virginia Tech sugar bowl I decided not to less losses ruin my weekend. 4th and 5 took the edge off in a major way, wandering the desert again has left me realizing I have a choice and I’ll make it. My weekends are mine to enjoy. Watching shitpiss isn’t an option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll repeat what I said: if that’s what CDC meant, then the ambiguity in his original statement is a fireable offense. I’m inclined to believe (as long as he does not reissue a statement and we are relying on second-hand confirmations) that’s not what he meant and he’s scrambling to calm the waters for the next few days. Either way, for now, it’s a messy situation that someone being paid as much as CDC should have handled better.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

I’ll repeat what I said: if that’s what CDC meant, then his original statement is a fireable offense. I’m inclined to believe (as long as he does not reissue a statement and we are relying on second-hand confirmations) that’s not what he meant and he’s scrambling to calm the waters for the next few days. Either way, for now, it’s a messy situation that someone being paid as much as CDC should have handled better.

You're acting like a child. CDC isn't the problem. Neither is Herman.

/s

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

I’ll repeat what I said: if that’s what CDC meant, then his original statement is a fireable offense. I’m inclined to believe (as long as he does not reissue a statement and we are relying on second-hand confirmations) that’s not what he meant and he’s scrambling to calm the waters for the next few days. Either way, for now, it’s a messy situation that someone being paid as much as CDC should have handled better.

He has confirmed CDC is coming back next yr. Read tweet above. 

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Regardless of what happens, what a stupid f'n press release. Either say he's coming back or don't say anything at all. Now you either sound like a liar or bring on more unnecessary rumors/speculation

It really doesn't look like any major media outlets, or Longhorn media outlets are speculating...they are all taking it on its face and confirming that their interpretation was correct.  The speculation is here and other randos on Twitter.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Tin foil time - 

I think James Franklin shitting the bed this season really screwed over CDC's plan to hire Franklin after Urban predictably turned us down.

Assuming Franklin and Penn State rebound next season - expect him to be at the top of the list and the likely hire.

Fuck James Franklin who has the same agent as Tom Herman. That’s the only reason why his name is out there as an option.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic