Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

48 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Only thing this statement pretty much guarantees is that we aren't going to have a new coach very soon. You don't issue this if you're days away from a replacement. Even with NSD 1, that'd just make you look like a blatant liar to recruits.

Still don't understand why wait so long to make this decision though. Seems like after the CCG is the normal time for coaching changes. Only exceptions I can see are Kelly (probably not a candidate) or Mullen/Campbell in the unlikely event they make it. Wouldn't count on any of those situations.

It doesn't guarantee that at all. How far away do you think our bowl game is? NYE or sooner. That's less than 3 weeks. This statement changes little to nothing.

48 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

@closetojumping told us this would be happening. It's almost as if some people didn't read every page of this thread. No need to panic.

And @Tex Long iirc, wayyy back in the thread, basically predicted everything we've seen so far.

I love you guys but you might just need to accept that Tom Herman will be our coach next season because there's not a big enough name that's worth the buyout. I hope I'm wrong because I truly see no upside, other than saving money, to keep him around. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, closetojumping said:

Smoke. They’re onto someone else worth the buyout, apparently. 

Tom Herman will not be coaching Texas in 2021. Whatever is released will be bullshit. He might not get fired until after the national title game, but he’s gone. See the difference between “I have bad news, he’s staying “ at 2am bit versus what I’m saying? 

Gonna need an update here.  

54 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

@closetojumping told us this would be happening. It's almost as if some people didn't read every page of this thread. No need to panic.

@closetojumping didnt tell us ish he stole that from another poster who posted it 1 day before him as is his mo 

for those of u holding out hope that bohls/fcb & all the other outlets are wrong about herman being here in 2021 just know the players were told weeks ago that herman will be here next season

@Rip76 can vouch i told him about herman being back in 2021 being told to the players 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

I’m moving on, if I’m wrong I’ll be glad to be wrong.  Nothing since before the KSU weekend has gone our way.  I’m actively eliminating hope and expectation so I won’t be disappointed when Texas does what Texas does and I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Which fishing game? I’ve never found one that I can play longer than 15 minutes 

Fishing Sim World Pro Tour. Tried it through the game pass, got hooked and ended up buying the deluxe version and all the add ons. It's great time waster when Texas football is fucking with my head.

• Like 1

Whatever is actually happening - they are treating the Texas fanbase like a bunch of children which is a dangerous game to play. There's many of us already struggling to give a fuck or support the program. Unless they turn this entire thing around and actually land Urban, or at the very least can Herman, we are just going to continue our spiral down the shitter of the cfb world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

I’m moving on, if I’m wrong I’ll be glad to be wrong.  Nothing since before the KSU weekend has gone our way.  I’m actively eliminating hope and expectation so I won’t be disappointed when Texas does what Texas does and I’ll be delighted if I’m wrong.   

Don’t give up the hopes. We can have a beauty spa day when TH is finally kicked to the curb. 

1 minute ago, hornfromdallas said:

@closetojumping didnt tell us ish he stole that from another poster who posted it 1 day before him as is his mo 

for those of u holding out hope that bohls/fcb & all the other outlets are wrong about herman being here in 2021 just know the players were told weeks ago that herman will be here next season

No offense to your guy, but it would take a real dumb asshole to tell the players anything different. Ya know, since they still have to play for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

So we can’t fire Herman this year because there are no good candidates to replace him.  It’s a good thing next years Free Agent Head Coach class is stacked where we will have tons to choose from right?  CDC can stick the program up his ass at this point cause I am done.  I don’t need to watch Herman lose 3-4 games next year and get a win in the Texas Bowl or whatever whilst our recruiting creates a roster of Texas Tech level talent.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

You are smarter than this and you're reading comprehension is suffering probably due to the doom and gloom chicken littles in here and idiots like FCB, FKB and the 9.95ers.

Take a breath, read the CDC statement again and see the reality.

Herman is fucking gone.

I understand how to read it the way you do. I’m just done with conspiracy theories 

• Hook 'Em 1

I love you guys but you might just need to accept that Tom Herman will be our coach next season because there's not a big enough name that's worth the buyout. I hope I'm wrong because I truly see no upside, other than saving money, to keep him around. 

I accept nothing. Taking it directly to the Supreme Court.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

You are a dumb mother fucker you know that. What you just said about knowing what the players were told is exactly why the players were told that. Have some self awareness for once. That locker room leaks like a sieve much like your mouth. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Don’t give up the hopes. We can have a beauty spa day when TH is finally kicked to the curb. 

Shit that’s all you had to say! I’m baccckkkkk!! Lol I have missed my massages and facials since covid hit I will admit that.

I’m not saying it won’t happen, I’m just getting worn out hoping for UM. 

52 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

I think maybe CDC waited till after the regular season to give it the air of finality without really being final at all.

Could be something legal, continuing to publicly show support for the coach to avoid any perception of undermining him. Also could be a little help for TH in finding a new gig. Or both.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well the Texas fanbase is currently acting like a bunch of children on this very thread so I don't see the issue.

You're right. We should be more patient. Winning is really, really hard. Let's go ahead and extend him past 2030. Maybe he'll beat OU again in 8 years.

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Slump back to Charlie Strong-era levels of incompetence? 

Fuck it, maintain the current status quo until we can get a big name head coach. There's no way in hell recruiting would improve with another G5 flavor of the week hotshot. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic