Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My all time favorite Western is Hell or High Water. Also love No Country for Old Men and basically any classic. Someone mentioned Bone Tomahawk...fucking hell that movie was terrifying. Watched it with my wife thinking it was  just a standard western...then THAT scene happened, holy fuck

You talking about when they split the dude in half starting at the groin? There are a couple scenes that fit your description.

2 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

You talking about when they split the dude in half starting at the groin? There are a couple scenes that fit your description.

Yup. The other scenes are tame as hell compared to that. Scalping him then bisecting him alive...fucked me up for a bit

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Some folks have already hit most of my Western list.

The Good The Bad  The Ugly

High Plains Drifter

No Country for Old Men

Outlaw Josey Wells

True Grit

Shane

Hell or High Water (this is probably the most accurately representative of Texas out of any ever)

3:10 to Yuma

A Man Called Horse (which isn't really a Western)

I will throw in a very strange one, that I loved Dead Man with Johnny Depp. It's an extremely intersting take on the western and the acting is amazing.

The man who killed liberty valance

pale rider

the cowboys

open range (to get then newer vote)

now your list is good.

Edited by Majorcholas
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Since we are on the topic of westerns (y’all already saw my Longhorn oil painting), I mentioned my dad collected paintings and find (He had 113 Winchester rifles). Here is my favorite painting: 

I also like pretty much every western y’all have mentioned (there are some I haven’t seen, which is why I brought it up last night)

CA9354DE-A151-4365-901E-9D7487F33C28.jpeg

Forget the painting. Can we talk about that nativity scene? 🔥

• Haha 1

My mom went into labor with me while watching the Sons of Katie Elder on tv. I was then born on Super Bowl Sunday many moons ago. So you see I have no choice but to like both westerns and football. 

I really hope Shelley is one of our many lurkers! Come on down! I’ll make you a nice gift basket, Mrs. Meyer! 🤘🏼

The all quiet on all fronts to me is very encouraging for at the very least knowing they are exploring all options for Texas football HC. 

More paintings: 

37811AAA-3D20-4032-8482-EBD065910B42.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, El Squared said:

It was fantastic from the car ( of course there are multiple stops that demand getting out to shoot a bazillion pics, but I can only imagine how high you got seeing it from a bike.

Little Glacier ( Many Glacier area and Grinnell Lake hike, boat ride incredible as well)

Definitely beautiful country.  Even more beautiful is if you can cross the border to the Canadian Rockies.  Icefields Pkwy between Banff and Jasper is the most beautiful landscapes I’ve seen anywhere in the world and I’ve seen a lot of it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

My all time favorite Western is Hell or High Water. Also love No Country for Old Men and basically any classic. Someone mentioned Bone Tomahawk...fucking hell that movie was terrifying. Watched it with my wife thinking it was  just a standard western...then THAT scene happened, holy fuck

My favorite western show or movie was Deadwood the series. Perhaps I’m just a dark person but Al Swearengen was absolutely gold in that series. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Just now, Steelers Roll Left said:

Definitely beautiful country.  Even more beautiful is if you can cross the border to the Canadian Rockies.  Icefields Pkwy between Banff and Jasper is the most beautiful landscapes I’ve seen anywhere in the world and I’ve seen a lot of it.

Yeah, I like Waterton better than Glacier.

Holy Batman! We are almost to 600 pages. This is outstanding. Has there ever been a thread like this in the history of Shaggy/Surly? 

the Utah V Colorado game is pretty good. 

I like Rustlers’ Rhapsody. 
I really wanted to steal that horse. When I was a kid. Badly. 

470E7DFB-3B40-4865-AC67-A613109A8891.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My mom went into labor with me while watching the Sons of Katie Elder on tv. I was then born on Super Bowl Sunday many moons ago. So you see I have no choice but to like both westerns and football. 

I really hope Shelley is one of our many lurkers! Come on down! I’ll make you a nice gift basket, Mrs. Meyer! 🤘🏼

The all quiet on all fronts to me is very encouraging for at the very least knowing they are exploring all options for Texas football HC. 

More paintings: 

37811AAA-3D20-4032-8482-EBD065910B42.jpeg

CSB- When my parents lived near Clifton, they were real good friends with Bruce Greene. Bruce has an art degree from University of Texas. We were talking about our times in college once. He said that he was flunking an art class, and was in downtown Austin painting for a grade. The art professor was really critical of his painting. He told the professor if he flunked him, he was going to burn his house down. The next day, he had a solid B in the class.

CHIEF

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Nada. Im pretty sure Im still on it though. Its just been radio silent. Thats all fronts too.

As always, that seems like a very good sign, imho. Had Urban actually given us a solid no, I can't imagine things would be as quiet as they seem to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic