Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I’ve been in the conspiracy theory camp that this is all a ploy until after tOSU’s season is done. But now I have no flipping clue. One of the podcasts this week was discussing how men’s basketball having a good season may be the savior for TH. Essentially they said that Shaka was on the hot seat and close to being fired, but CDC chose to stick with him and now it looks like the right move. They said that could lead CDC to doing the same with Herman this year.

Bloody hell...in 2020 it’s possibly that Shaka Smart saved Tom Herman’s job. What a time to be alive!

55 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or it's the we couldn't get anyone worth a shit to come to coach here that would justify the buyout. I hope you guys are right but I get the nagging feeling CDC isn't inclined to do anything. 

Could be. But that’s very clearly NOT what the statement says. 

47 minutes ago, Getafix said:

It's tepid, but he could have chosen to say nothing at least until after the bowl game ("end of the season").  That he chose to say this is bad. 

He wouldn't go out of his way to make himself seem disingenuous (at the least), if he was going to fire Herman.

Duuude...

"promising young talent"

Yeah I guess if you intentionally ignore the mass exodus of top recruits from our class. We aren't even getting legacy kids anymore like the Brockemeyers or lifelong Texas fans like Ewers. The writing is on the wall for another 4-5 years minimum of wandering the wilderness and CDC has chosen to be ignorant. 

2 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

I’ve been in the conspiracy theory camp that this is all a ploy until after tOSU’s season is done. But now I have no flipping clue. One of the podcasts this week was discussing how men’s basketball having a good season may be the savior for TH. Essentially they said that Shaka was on the hot seat and close to being fired, but CDC chose to stick with him and now it looks like the right move. They said that could lead CDC to doing the same with Herman this year.

Bloody hell...in 2020 it’s possibly that Shaka Smart saved Tom Herman’s job. What a time to be alive!

Shaka and Tom are not comparable in the slightest shut the fuck up with that comparison. Dumbest shit I've ever read 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Simple answer is he’s coming back. 

Chip brown has a bat signal straight to Chris del conte...he calls him direct when he has a question? You don’t believe that, dip your head in that cold Guadalupe water and rethink the fuck out of that. He spoke to an assistant who has some bullshit written down on paper that says if fuck chip brown calls here say this garbage for me. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30503702/texas-longhorns-ad-chris-del-conte-confirms-tom-herman-return-coach

The only things I got out of my time at UT were:

1) Learning my social security number  

2) Learning how to deal with bureaucracy.

3) Having an athletic program to pull for  

Retaining Herman reminds me what a waste of fucking time my years in Austin were. This fucking blows.

Edited by Napoleon

2 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

Shaka Smart - the guy that should have been fired three seasons ago?

The press release looks like spin I’ve seen before a President or CEO cuts a fuck up.  How many times have you heard President ———————-   supports Mr/Ms Fuck up nd expects him or her to serve out their term or will not ask them to resign.? And then the next day, they resign either voluntarily or involuntarily.  

Having said that, if Tom is back next year it’s going to be very hard to get motivated to support another shit show.  If  it turns out to be a shit show, Tom and CDC will need to be fired together.   I will furnish the feathers for the Surly tar and feather rally when the time come.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

He still didn't say Herman would be the coach for the 2021 season.  He literally is the coach right now as this season ends and the next begins.  He is being very specific for a reason you dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

“Moving forward” into next season is also fucking vague. Water is wet. Sky is blue. Won’t say the actual words “Tom Herman will be our coach in 2021.” 

It’s talking around the “question.” CDC’s either not committing to saying Herman actually being the HC next season, or he’s the highest paid fucking idiot in Austin for not putting it to bed clearly and concisely.

2 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Asked by Horns247 for further clarification, Del Conte said, "Tom Herman is our coach moving forward into next season."

What a kick in the dick

Again with the delicate fucking language. "moving forward into next season"

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?! 

• Like 1

“Tom Herman is our coach moving forward into next season” is not the same thing as saying “Tom Herman will be our coach for the 2021 season.”

This.

For anyone who still wants Urban, this provides cover for NSD and allows OSU to finish their season.

The ambiguity of the statement gives me more hope that Urban is still in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

Shaka still has plenty of time to F it up even with all the talent he has at his disposal this season

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Chip brown has a bat signal straight to Chris del conte...he calls him direct when he has a question? You don’t believe that, dip your head in that cold Guadalupe water and rethink the fuck out of that. He spoke to an assistant who has some bullshit written down on paper that says if fuck chip brown calls here say this garbage for me. 

I’m going off the CDC published statement. He might not win at PR but it’s simple interpretation is herms is coming back.  Passing the language for coded signals isn’t usually the winning strategy.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic