Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or it's the we couldn't get anyone worth a shit to come to coach here that would justify the buyout. I hope you guys are right but I get the nagging feeling CDC isn't inclined to do anything. 

That certainly might be how this thing ends - but right now that not what the statement says.  No where in there does CDC say Tom Herman will be the coach in 2021, or that he's the guy going forward, or that he's still the right coach to lead us going forwrd.  None of that.  Just that "Tom Herman is our coach".

It's tepid, but he could have chosen to say nothing at least until after the bowl game ("end of the season").  That he chose to say this is bad. 

He wouldn't go out of his way to make himself seem disingenuous (at the least), if he was going to fire Herman.

Only thing this statement pretty much guarantees is that we aren't going to have a new coach very soon. You don't issue this if you're days away from a replacement. Even with NSD 1, that'd just make you look like a blatant liar to recruits.

Still don't understand why wait so long to make this decision though. Seems like after the CCG is the normal time for coaching changes. Only exceptions I can see are Kelly (probably not a candidate) or Mullen/Campbell in the unlikely event they make it. Wouldn't count on any of those situations.

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

Brian Davis is a moran according to myself....what the actual fuck kind of statement is that?

Someone in the comments noted that he credited himself in his own tweet which is worse than liking your own tweet. I would have to agree. 

Furk, I break away to cook up a little magic in the oven and there's a furkin' meltdown.  I'll hold my meltdown until after the playoffs are done, then if Tom is still HC I'll freak out.  BTW, this shit is pretty good.   4 with crusted pecan; 4 with black pepper  bourbon honey bacon.

20201212_140400_resized.jpg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That certainly might be how this thing ends - but right now that not what the statement says.  No where in there does CDC say Tom Herman will be the coach in 2021, or that he's the guy going forward, or that he's still the right coach to lead us going forwrd.  None of that.  Just that "Tom Herman is our coach".

😟

Edited by satyanash

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Only thing this statement pretty much guarantees is that we aren't going to have a new coach very soon. You don't issue this if you're days away from a replacement. Even with NSD 1, that'd just make you look like a blatant liar to recruits.

Still don't understand why wait so long to make this decision though. Seems like after the CCG is the normal time for coaching changes. Only exceptions I can see are Kelly (probably not a candidate) or Mullen/Campbell in the unlikely event they make it. Wouldn't count on any of those situations.

I think maybe CDC waited till after the regular season to give it the air of finality without really being final at all.

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or it's the we couldn't get anyone worth a shit to come to coach here that would justify the buyout. I hope you guys are right but I get the nagging feeling CDC isn't inclined to do anything. 

Exactly.  I bet there is absolutely zero consensus on a secondary candidate among those that would actually write the checks to fund Tom's buyout.   Unless Urban changes his mind I think likely we just punt a year.

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Furk, I break away to cook up a little magic in the oven and there's a furkin' meltdown.  I'll hold my meltdown until after the playoffs are done, then if Tom is still HC I'll freak out.  BTW, this shit is pretty good.   4 with crusted pecan; 4 with black pepper  bourbon honey bacon.

20201212_140400_resized.jpg

That’s outstanding! Bring those to our firepit/party/steak/rib/whiskey/whisky/wine/beer/weed/McRib festival that surly will be having when we can finally all hang out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic