Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

If I was one of those 18 recruits that have committed to us and was just told Herman will definitely be back next year that would make me reconsider my commitment to UT.

9.95ers have mentioned that they aren't really tied to Tom one way or the other. 

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

If I was one of those 18 recruits that have committed to us and was just told Herman will definitely be back next year that would make me reconsider my commitment to UT.

Didn't Herman say CDC offered to call up recruits to tell them all is good? Do you think that would do more damage than this statement? 

Just now, washparkhorn said:

So nothing has changed. We remain patient as AUSTIN lands Tesla and Oracle. Elon will move to Austin. And Urban Meyer says he just wants a deal he can't refuse. 

CDC says Herman will be the coach "leading up to the 2021 season."

Works for me.

Maybe Elon can become UT's Phil Knight and use some kind of technology to make us better at football.  Or just donate a shit ton of money to UT football so we can buy....I mean recruit the best players.

• Haha 1

With first signing day approaching, CDC had no choice but to issue this statement. I know for a fact there is still money and the will to make a change for the right coach. It’s not exclusively Meyer. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Anybody want to write a sternly worded email to CDC on behalf of the board asking CDC to clarify the clarification of his original statement? 

That would be counterproductive. That statement and the 'clarification' clearly were both purposefully vague.

CDC said he stands by the press release. This press release to me only means we are waiting until tOSU is out of the playoffs before making things official. THAT WILL BE 2021!.  This press release as everyone has noted had plenty of room to mention Herman coaching the team next year and it did not.  Herman will be the coach when the ball drops into 2021, but won't be for too long afterward.

If I"m wrong and CDC brings elects to swim in the same toilet as Herman, then he'll get flushed right along with him

cdc.thumb.PNG.47a6257659384a3107384e0b02d0fd28.PNG

• Hook 'Em 6

16 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Look, we have 18 guys ready to sign on the line that is dotted 4 days from now. Herman can bring those guys home and possibly a stud RB as well. That is what this statement is designed to ensure and nothing more. 

How is it possible anyone can not see this.  Some people just love drama I guess.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

CDC said he stands by the press release. This press release to me only means we are waiting until tOSU is out of the playoffs before making things official. THAT WILL BE 2021!.  This press release as everyone has noted had plenty of room to mention Herman coaching the team next year and it did not.  Herman will be the coach when the ball drops into 2021, but won't be for too long afterward.

If I"m wrong and CDC brings elects to swim in the same toilet as Herman, then he'll get flushed right along with him

cdc.thumb.PNG.47a6257659384a3107384e0b02d0fd28.PNG

Honest question for everyone on this board.  If your current boss put out a statement about you that read like this and your role with the company you are at would you feel confident all is fine or would you be like, "shit, I better start looking for another job".  I can tell you based on the ambiguity of this statement and the way it reads I would be getting my resume updated.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Honest question for everyone on this board.  If your current boss put out a statement about you that read like this and your role with the company you are at would you feel confident all is fine or would you be like, "shit, I better start looking for another job".  I can tell you based on the ambiguity of this statement and the way it reads I would be getting my resume updated.

If I knew $15 million was coming my way I wouldn't be doing shit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Hornarino said:

Of course the official line is that Herman coming back next season.  He is coming back for every season through 2023 as per the terms of his contract.  At least until it is determined he should no longer be the "current head coach."

I would have been happy enough to see him fired after last season, or at some point earlier this season.  I still have some patience, and can wait for a few weeks before storming Bellmont.

Exactly. What a shit-ton of people don't seem to understand is that until TH is fired, CDC simply CAN'T publicly say anything other than "TH is the coach and will continue to be the coach". Otherwise, UT would be in violation of the terms of the contract and he'd get a call from TH's agent and lawyers pronto.

The overreaction here is something to see. CDC's statements were purposefully vague and written to satisfy the terms of the contract.

The season begins when the old one ends, so if Tom is still the head coach when the clock runs down to zero in the bowl game, he will have been the coach "moving forward into the 2021 season". 

JFC y'all. This isn't rocket surgery, The sky isn't falling.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

That same statement could be written by every AD in the country save one (Winner of the playoff) every year.  We didn't win, better days are ahead, and XYZ is our coach.

It's true, and it would be irrelevant the following day if the right replacement coach was suddenly there for the taking.

That was nothing more than "Thanks for coming, and we'll see you next year."

It has no connection to what happens tomorrow, next month, or any other day to follow.

I will love every second of being wrong if cdc waits till January to fire Herman and hire someone else. It’s rarely done that way and usually you fire the coach now but I guess we will see. I texted a friend that is semi connected and his text to me was “buyout is to high to get rid of Herman for anyone other than urban and that’s not happening”. I think Herman will be here next year.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I will love every second of being wrong if cdc waits till January to fire Herman and hire someone else. It’s rarely done that way and usually you fire the coach now but I guess we will see. I texted a friend that is semi connected and his text to me was “buyout is to high to get rid of Herman for anyone other than urban and that’s not happening”. I think Herman will be here next year.

It's going to be Tom Herman or Urban Meyer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Well oiled machine...

Seriously though...we’re a laughable athletic department. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

This exactly this.

LOL y'all. It was purposefully ambiguous. That's why the 'clarification' wasn't much clearer than the initial statement. Calm down...

Really disappointed in day crew right now. We very recently talked about how votes of confidence mean nothing:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/2/20/4001736/college-football-coach-hot-seat-dreaded-vote-of-confidence

Considering CDC couldn’t say anything more than “Tom Herman is our coach” in this release, you should know he’s gone. This panic is real small pp energy. Get this shit out of here.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic