Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Really disappointed in day crew right now. We very recently talked about how votes of confidence mean nothing:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/2/20/4001736/college-football-coach-hot-seat-dreaded-vote-of-confidence

Considering CDC couldn’t say anything more than “Tom Herman is our coach” in this release, you should know he’s gone. This panic is real small pp energy. Get this shit out of here.

Day crew seems to take on the nature of our current football coach. They turtle, and turtle hard. 

My gut feeling is that this is truly an Urban or bust situation. I think things are still open-ended in relation to Urban, meaning the AD makes another run at him in January and offers him eleventy billion dollars. If Urban doesn’t happen I think we get at least another year of Mensa.

The ambiguity of CDCs statement simply gives him some flexibility to run with either outcome. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Wow, this thread is like watching a train wreck, rewinding and watching over and over again. I myself love the CDC  statement release. That statement was very telling about what CDC thinks of Herman, just read and comprehend. That in no way, shape or form is a endorsement of Tom Herman.

Day Shift - BDE

21 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

CDC said he stands by the press release. This press release to me only means we are waiting until tOSU is out of the playoffs before making things official. THAT WILL BE 2021!.  This press release as everyone has noted had plenty of room to mention Herman coaching the team next year and it did not.  Herman will be the coach when the ball drops into 2021, but won't be for too long afterward.

If I"m wrong and CDC brings elects to swim in the same toilet as Herman, then he'll get flushed right along with him

cdc.thumb.PNG.47a6257659384a3107384e0b02d0fd28.PNG

Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment.

https://www.hookem.com/story/sports/2020/12/12/texas-ad-tom-herman-remain-longhorns/6521741002/

Going full freaking Day Shift here

Edited by DanTheHorn

16 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Honest question for everyone on this board.  If your current boss put out a statement about you that read like this and your role with the company you are at would you feel confident all is fine or would you be like, "shit, I better start looking for another job".  I can tell you based on the ambiguity of this statement and the way it reads I would be getting my resume updated.

yep

11 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Looking at our schedule next year with Casey Thompson and Tom Herman I see 6 losses. @ISU, @TCU, and OU are instant losses. Then We'll lose 3 out of 4 to @ARK, v. ULL, OKST, @WVU

6-6 next year is what I'm seeing.

image.png

Honestly I’ll wait to make predictions because Tom Herman sucks so much fat fucjing cock that we’ve only been given 2 fucking games of garabe run the clock out to see what Casey can actually do.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Really disappointed in day crew right now. We very recently talked about how votes of confidence mean nothing:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/2/20/4001736/college-football-coach-hot-seat-dreaded-vote-of-confidence

Considering CDC couldn’t say anything more than “Tom Herman is our coach” in this release, you should know he’s gone. This panic is real small pp energy. Get this shit out of here.

Day Shift never had any BDE. Dunno why I expected anything different today.

Any chance this is CDC trying to force some of the bmd's to pony up the cash?  Like, look guys, I can't get rid of Herman right now unless we have the money to buy him out.  So if you want Herman gone, you know who to make the check out to.  Otherwise I'm prepared to roll with what we got.    

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

He has confirmed CDC is coming back next yr. Read tweet above. 

He confirmed TH will be the coach "moving forward into next season". Next season starts for us in less than 3 weeks.

Edited by wood

1 minute ago, JPETERMAN said:

Any chance this is CDC trying to force some of the bmd's to pony up the cash?  Like, look guys, I can't get rid of Herman right now unless we have the money to buy him out.  So if you want Herman gone, you know who to make the check out to.  Otherwise I'm prepared to roll with what we got.    

Franklin and Cristobal torpedoed those options 

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

CDC would make a good politician.

right now all i can say for cdc is he's a good carny.  bevo blvd and all. i've been giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's more than that and he has urban in the bag awaiting delivery.  if he fails regarding the biggest aspect of his job, i.e. hiring the right football coach for the money ticket in the athletics department, then he's not the right guy for the job.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, wood said:

Exactly. What a shit-ton of people don't seem to understand is that until TH is fired, CDC simply CAN'T publicly say anything other than "TH is the coach and will continue to be the coach". Otherwise, UT would be in violation of the terms of the contract and he'd get a call from TH's agent and lawyers pronto.

The overreaction here is something to see. CDC's statements were purposefully vague and written to satisfy the terms of the contract.

The season begins when the old one ends, so if Tom is still the head coach when the clock runs down to zero in the bowl game, he will have been the coach "moving forward into the 2021 season". 

JFC y'all. This isn't rocket surgery, The sky isn't falling.

Shut up, man! Get outta here with that reason and intelligence, man!

I'm really, really enjoying watching all the Chicken Littles on here squirm!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, wood said:

He confirmed TH will be the coach "moving ahead into next season". Next season starts for us in less than 3 weeks.

FWIW: "Del Conte later confirmed in a phone call with the American-Statesman that his statement means Herman will be UT's coach in 2021. A second UT source confirmed this as well. Herman could not be reached for comment."

This is done guys. CDC shit the bed and should be the 1st to go. We are wanting to save what 5 mill here. We are still going to owe the shit another 20 after next year. How much does the University lose in revenue over the next year because we have incompetent management and coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ckhorn said:

This is done guys. CDC shit the bed and should be the 1st to go. We are wanting to save what 5 mill here. We are still going to owe the shit another 20 after next year. How much does the University lose in revenue over the next year because we have incompetent management and coach.

Urban Meyer is not off the table until he publicly announces he will not be the coach at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Daichee Bell said:

I honestly don’t understand why people are freaking out so much. The vote of confidence was weak. The follow up was either from someone else or was still vague. Herman is gone. Relax

The seasons over Boss. Why issue a statement at all. Just fire the clown.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I will love every second of being wrong if cdc waits till January to fire Herman and hire someone else. It’s rarely done that way and usually you fire the coach now but I guess we will see. I texted a friend that is semi connected and his text to me was “buyout is to high to get rid of Herman for anyone other than urban and that’s not happening”. I think Herman will be here next year.

giphy.gif

Hahahahaha! Great, now PULL THE OTHER ONE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic