Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We went after the trophy coach. He ran from a bad smell (skunk). This is no bueno. It’s a clown show. With poop and fire. We may need to join some kind of alcohol subscription service to make it thru this. Not sure us fans can survive the tornado of shit our football program has become. Smoke em if you got em. No one knows or can see the future. Fuck TH. 

I felt like it was pretty straightforward. Lol. Why emojis in a string like that makes me laugh I have no idea. UT football man! 

Spec's delivers, Nicole. Get your liver on board.

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Say you’re engaged to be married. Recent events have made your fiancé question if the two of you will be walking down the aisle in  August of next year. Your fiancé asks you, “hey I know we’ve been going through stuff but we are still getting married in august right?”

You say, “hey we’re engaged now. Will be engaged moving into 2021. I typically don’t make my evaluations about marriage until spring.” Would this be received well by your fiancé? 

402C746D-1000-45E0-95D4-7126BBF5D3A7.gif

Stop.  What were you looking for? Tom will be our coach until he retires, until his contract runs out?  I know you're just trying to make conversation or stoke the fire, but CDC said what he should've.  Tom will be our coach until 21, and that's it

Honest question for everyone on this board.  If your current boss put out a statement about you that read like this and your role with the company you are at would you feel confident all is fine or would you be like, "shit, I better start looking for another job".  I can tell you based on the ambiguity of this statement and the way it reads I would be getting my resume updated.

+11

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

true but he's cashing that whether his is the coach or not.   No one wants to be fired from a blue blood, they have to start over, rehabbing and will have the stain of failure on them.

serious question, is there a recent example of a coach being fired from a blue blood and going back to another blue blood and being successful?

NFL:   Browns fired Bill Belichick  (Feb 1996);  Became HC of Patriots 2000

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Leaks had him out by now. That's why I say they're wrong. 

I thought most were saying he's not coming back but didn't know when it would happen.  we, of course, speculated that after KSU he could be gone and certainly after KU. I admit after KU got cancelled I expected something to happen.

If CDC is ride or die with Herman for 2021 I would have expected his statement to be a LOT more definitive.

I hold out hope we are going big game hunting(that doesn't just mean Urban) and that may take a bit longer.  The NSD1 situation kind of screws up the normal mode college football is used to running under.

fire coach after last game but before Bowl.  get your coach by early Jan so he can sign a class in early Feb.

40 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

USC is 5-0 and it seems highly unlikely Helton is getting replaced this offseason. That eliminates one competitor for a coach. 

Helton is really lucky he didn't have to play Notre Dame and Bama this year.  If he plays those games, then I think USC is making a coaching change.  Instead, he might win the PAC-12 this year and be undefeated when the season ends.

22 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Anyone who read that CDC statement and came away with it being an endorsement of Tom Herman is an absolute fucking moron.

This is correct.  Either everyone is drunk and overly emotional on this thread right now or they are just fucking stupid.  This is just to pacify the recruits for NSD1 and to quiet the noice on Urban until OSUs CFP chances are done.  Y’all are acting like overly emotional twats.  Fucking get yourselves together.  Futureman will be fisting himself by January 3rd.🦑🤛💥🚑

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

What we know, or think we know is that Texas and Urban came to an agreement or the Texas guys were 100% sure Urban was going to say yes. All the noise from the insiders claims the same thing, Thursday night he was in the bag and Tom would be fire over the weekend. Then all of sudden things go silent for a day and everything is shot to hell. Who the fuck knows what happened but he probably sounded super positive in the meeting then took the night to talk to his family and they convinced him not to do it. Maybe that's the end of it or maybe it isn't. But our side was clear Urban was the guy and they were confident they were gonna get him so no plan B was ever really fleshed out. Now Texas has to scramble and people are dragging their heels maybe because of the money or maybe in the hope Meyer changes his mind. Meanwhile Tom is left twisting in the wind and CDC thinks it makes Texas and him look bad. 99% of the fanbase is oblivious to all of this, they have no idea anything is even going on or who Urban Meyer is, the Surly 1%ers are left holding their dicks and crying for blood but we don't matter to the powers that be.

People were celebrating to the point that I’m going to have to get absolute confirmation it’s over. Then it went dead silent. I’ve heard some negative stuff but not from what I consider an impeachable source. I just think there would be all this bellyaching and pissed off ranting if it fell apart at the last minute due to Crystal. I have gathered all these contacts for almost two decades and they’ve been whittled down to the people that I trust to actually know something. Even if I got thrown off that text thread I would’ve still heard from that group in other ways. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caddox said:

People were celebrating to the point that I’m going to have to get absolute confirmation it’s over. Then it went dead silent. I’ve heard some negative stuff but not from what I consider an impeachable source. I just think there would be all this bellyaching and pissed off ranting if it fell apart at the last minute due to Crystal. I have gathered all these contacts for almost two decades and they’ve been whittled down to the people that I trust to actually know something. Even if I got thrown off that text thread I would’ve still heard from that group in other ways. 

Have any of them said we're 100% done with Urban?

Just now, Nicole44 said:

We went from Shelley is tweeting about McRibs and talking about Westerns this morning to parsing CDC’s statement and learning he is possibly a moron to ....? 

We can take this any direction we choose but all roads lead to Urban being the next coach at THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.  

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, stork642 said:

We can take this any direction we choose but all roads lead to Urban being the next coach at THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.  

Yep! You get out of this thread what you put in it. I’ve been enjoying mostly the ride. If people want to Eeyore the energy away somewhere I am told the Daily Texan has put out an ad requesting a more pessimistic presence. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I stand by what I said previously, because it’s fucking happened. This flaccid “vote of confidence” is the lamest one I’ve ever seen. The hedging afterwards with reporters is also directly in line with the release itself. 

Here’s the deal. Crystal Conte isn’t running any of this. The game is being played above his head at this point.

1) He showed up at first and tried to push back on Urban Meyer. This is after he argued for keeping Herman last year when the money was lined up.

2) Then, when things went back and forth with Urban Meyer, he starts to fucking float James Franklin as his candidate and attempts a push on it. Nope.

3) After Urban Meyer indicates “I’m thinking no”, CDC comes back to the table with, wait for it, his nomination of his fucking buddy, Sonny Dykes. Sonny fucking Dykes.

4) From there, he’s out of the game. He’s doing what he’s told and he hasn’t handled this shit well. He’s a political suit who doesn’t understand how it’s played on a stage this big.

5) He’s tried to dance around firing Herman and we’re left with this kind of shit because the guy we want won’t be available until next Sunday at the earliest. 

6) All of this bullshit is because CDC thinks he understands the roster and how recruiting works, btw. He also straight up doesn’t think ATM is an issue right now for Texas in recruiting. He’s out of his fucking depths.

Take this and post it wherever the fuck you want. Tweet it at him. Ask the IT guys what to believe. Send it on a carrier pigeon to a BMD. The hacks at AAS, 247 and Obloods don’t know a fucking thing besides what Crystal Conte tells them, so they’re not going to have a clue other than to say “no wai!”. 

This is a nice story and you tell it so well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just trying to inject some positivity. According to the Business Insider 20% of head coaches who receive the VofC are fired within a month. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/20-of-coaches-who-get-a-vote-of-confidence-are-fired-within-a-month-2010-11%3famp

Yes it is from a year ago. And yes I have no idea where the vast majority of the article is. I don’t care. 1 in 5 chance Herman will be fired within a month. I would prefer 100% chance obviously. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just trying to inject some positivity. According to the Business Insider 20% of head coaches who receive the VofC are fired within a month. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/20-of-coaches-who-get-a-vote-of-confidence-are-fired-within-a-month-2010-11%3famp
Yes it is from a year ago. And yes I have no idea where the vast majority of the article is. I don’t care. 1 in 5 chance Herman will be fired within a month. I would prefer 100% chance obviously. 

whats the statistic on 1 season?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Anyway, I’ve missed the change to call CDC Crystal, but he’s really, really well liked by the people that don’t pay much attention. He’s a great salesman and comes across in person as genuine. I also don’t think he’s fucked this up, but that’s a little bit of hearsay and a little speculation.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic