Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Chad said:

The most useless piece of shit on Herman's staff left us with nothing but a couple of developmental three star players in a recruiting cycle where 5 of the top 15 players in the state were offensive linemen. Whiffed on the Brockermeyer boys. Whiffed on Foster. Whiffed on Byrd. Whiffed on Jackson. Whiffed on everyone worth a shit. I don't understand how Herman thought Hand would be his guy when he had a shitty track record of recruiting and player development at PSU and Auburn, both fan bases were relieved when Hand departed. Other than Cosmi who has he developed? The misses in this recruiting cycle are going to hurt immensely in the future and will have whoever assumes the reigns at OL coach in 2022 scouring the grad transfer and JUCO market. I still can't wrap my head around how that clown Hand whiffed so badly this recruiting cycle. PerhapsConner will greatly exceed expectations, but I wouldn't expect much out of Merrill he has Greg Smith written all over him.

Sounds like Turtle-Tom is doing a lot of huffing and whiffing.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If aggy makes the playoffs, its just going to put more pressure/urgency on our AD to make a coaching change before next season. CDC doesn't feel that urgency yet.

It’s time to realize that CDC isn’t thinking with that mindset. He doesn’t get it. 

7 minutes ago, Chad said:

The most useless piece of shit on Herman's staff left us with nothing but a couple of developmental three star players in a recruiting cycle where 5 of the top 15 players in the state were offensive linemen. Whiffed on the Brockermeyer boys. Whiffed on Foster. Whiffed on Byrd. Whiffed on Jackson. Whiffed on everyone worth a shit. I don't understand how Herman thought Hand would be his guy when he had a shitty track record of recruiting and player development at PSU and Auburn, both fan bases were relieved when Hand departed. Other than Cosmi who has he developed? The misses in this recruiting cycle are going to hurt immensely in the future and will have whoever assumes the reigns at OL coach in 2022 scouring the grad transfer and JUCO market. I still can't wrap my head around how that clown Hand whiffed so badly this recruiting cycle. PerhapsConner will greatly exceed expectations, but I wouldn't expect much out of Merrill he has Greg Smith written all over him.

It's why this isn't going to be a quick turnaround. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You're teeing him up for an opportunity to say Winning is really really hard. 

I think that's where he starts bragging about having another winning season. He's been leaning hard into that lately, and makes me want to hit him in the face. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"So Tom, OU won the conference again. Aggy might go to the playoff. And you returned 16 starters and a senior QB and... are going to the Cheez-It Bowl. In your fourth year."

Herman: That's a really really good question. Any answer I give you will sound like an excuse. 

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If aggy makes the playoffs, its just going to put more pressure/urgency on our AD to make a coaching change before next season. CDC doesn't feel that urgency yet.

I thought CDC had been relegated to the kids' table with a dunce cap on his head.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

7 minutes ago, cafe society said:

And you know this how?

Because our donors really don't like seeing Texas slip behind aggy as the premier football program in the state. It could be rationalized, up to this point, that no other team in the state has definitively passed us, but if aggy or any other Texas team makes the playoff it really hurts, and suddenly becomes obvious even to the casual fan that UT is no longer the big dog in the state for CFB. Once that perception slips, its VERY hard to win it back

Edited by perfectchaos007

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Because our donors really don't like seeing Texas slip behind aggy as the premier football program in the state. It could be rationalized, up to this point, that no other team in the state has definitively passed us, but if aggy or any other Texas team makes the playoff it really hurts, and suddenly becomes obvious even to the casual fan that UT is no longer the big dog in the state for CFB. Once that perception slips, its VERY hard to win it back

Your statement as to CDC being oblivious.  This is what I need you to validate your knowledge of.  

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Texas is pretty bad right now in terms of perception in the state but I think the title blue blood still holds weight for them. It’s going to take another decade of sub .500 football for Texas to be considered the little guy in the state, and even then you still have to count on aggy being dominate in the SEC which is unlikely at this point. Elko has saved their ass a ton this year and once he’s gone, jimbo better hire another damn good DC. Also, everyone knows that their is only 2 teams that are elite right now maybe 3 if Ohio st played more games. People aren’t looking at teams like aggy or ND and thinking they are going to have a shot against bama/Clemson. The playoff doesn’t hold a lot weight this year imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Eh. The Big Ten and SEC were playing meaningless games on CC Saturday too. 

Are they opting out of bowl games? It's the hypocrisy of the situation, for me. I understand the B10 started late but they will have a team in the playoffs and I assume they will try to play bowl games.