Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I’m not sure why you are giving so much credit to Broaddus reporting about the staff.  He is a pro guy. 

The staff thing was reported by multiple outlets, IIRC. But same point stands re credibility as I think they were of the 9.95 variety.

As for Broaddus, devil's advocate would say (a) Broaddus is likely very connected in the coaching/agent world generally and/or (b) it's plausible Urban was testing the waters with NFL assistants. 

Just now, bmbmd said:

When you get a certain age, you realize that you have enough to last you for the rest of your life.  Then, you begin to think of your legacy.  Some of us keep plugging, trying to leave something of substance to our kids.  Others check out and retire to someplace that fits their eye.  UM is wealthy, to be sure.  This, though, is an opportunity to share his good fortune with his kids, and grandkids, and great grandkids. If he loves his progeny, I don't know how he walks away from this. 

This is what I have been thinking about lately.  Let's say Meyer is worth $30 milllion, but he can do something really special for his family tree.  He can add up to $50 million to the bottom line in the next six/seven years . I am still thinking his ego will require a deal bigger than Jimbo's.  I am thinking 6 years at 13 million = 78 million, bigger than Jimbo, so the ego is satisfied.  Then comes the thing about Saban.  I think Urban thinks he only needs one, but two more championships at Texas puts him in the conversation with Saban as the best of all-time.   This is the best opportunity Urban is going to get, unless Clemson or Alabama were to come open. The cherry on top of the sundae is the extremely weak big12.  Look at that talent yesterday.  Here is a freshman totally rested and ready, earning 19 yards per carry!  He only has to beat Oklahoma to get into the big 12 championship game, and he has the state of Texas to recruit from.  This is totally a no-brainer for Urban, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2

CDC: Tom, there's no practice today. You have a couple players and coaches with COVID. 

Tom: OK, we could still have pract... 

CDC: naw, don't worry about it better if we don't. 

Tom: OK, no practice today. Talk to y.. 

CDC: Tom, one more thing real quick. 

Tom: sure, what's that? 

CDC: no press conf tomorrow due to Covid. 

Tom: it's zoom I ca... 

CDC yeah, don't worry it's cancelled. Talk to ya later. *click*

Tom: Michelle! Delete the fucking fake Twitter pump account I'm getting canned! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t want to wade through this sea of word vomit. What are the Plan B names IT is reporting? 

Not IT names, FCB names...Campbell, Franklin, Cristobal and Sark..I don’t believe a single fucking word about it.. besides Campbell you can’t convince me any of them are an upgrade and certainly not a pay $25mill upgrade

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Reese Bennett said:

Herman has COVID and when this was relayed to the 995ers, they heard "Coach has health issues and will not be on the sidelines next year," thinking it was about Urban, not Herman.

Eh, that's all I got. Still in the glass half-full crowd though.

Reaching part 5

• Hook 'Em 1

At this point there is so much fucking noise that I'm choosing to retain hope simply based on 2 concrete things we've seen the past 2 days:

1. Urban's attitude and body language and the behavior of the cast on FOX kickoff on Saturday.

2. Sunday's practice and Monday's presser getting canceled.

Both of these seem to be good indicators that our dream scenario is not only still in play but perhaps already worked out behind the scenes and we are simply subject to the timelines of a select few individuals. Which can suck. This saga is obviously wearing on a lot of us myself included. Patience.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Not IT names, FCB names...Campbell, Franklin, Cristobal and Sark..I don’t believe a single fucking word about it.. besides Campbell you can’t convince me any of them are an upgrade and certainly not a pay $25mill upgrade

Wait he said he heard a name that was more exciting than Urban.....

I've moved on to Campbell and by February y'all will all have talked yourselves into how a solid no bullshit football coach will put us in the conference championship every year. And you'll be right.

Remember when our floor was 2nd place in the conference and the holiday bowl? It didn't suck. And the ceiling could be decent too. Certainly beats losing to fucking Maryland. Twice.

6 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

CDC: Tom, there's no practice today. You have a couple players and coaches with COVID. 

Tom: OK, we could still have pract... 

CDC: naw, don't worry about it better if we don't. 

Tom: OK, no practice today. Talk to y.. 

CDC: Tom, one more thing real quick. 

Tom: sure, what's that? 

CDC: no press conf tomorrow due to Covid. 

Tom: it's zoom I ca... 

CDC yeah, don't worry it's cancelled. Talk to ya later. *click*

Tom: Michelle! Delete the fucking fake Twitter pump account I'm getting canned! 

You Son of a Bitch, I'm In | Know Your Meme

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Maybe we are going about this all wrong.  Can we get Urban a transplant or a donor?  You know, figure out some ways to help ease his burden and stress.  I'll fill out his deposit slips and find a place for the Mrs to get her nails done.  

Well, it’d have to be a brain transplant, and  that would kind of defeat the purpose wouldn’t it?

• Haha 1

It's important to always remember Chip Brown is a fraudulent cocksucker who intentionally publishes damaging stories in an attempt to harm the University.  I'll believe Chip is breaking the Urban Meyer story when Todd Orlando interviews for the SMU job

4 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

This is what I have been thinking about lately.  Let's say Meyer is worth $30 milllion, but he can do something really special for his family tree.  He can add up to $50 million to the bottom line in the next six/seven years . I am still thinking his ego will require a deal bigger than Jimbo's.  I am thinking 6 years at 13 million = 78 million, bigger than Jimbo, so the ego is satisfied.  Then comes the thing about Saban.  I think Urban thinks he only needs one, but two more championships at Texas puts him in the conversation with Saban as the best of all-time.   This is the best opportunity Urban is going to get, unless Clemson or Alabama were to come open. The cherry on top of the sundae is the extremely weak big12.  Look at that talent yesterday.  Here is a freshman totally rested and ready, earning 19 yards per carry!  He only has to beat Oklahoma to get into the big 12 championship game, and he has the state of Texas to recruit from.  This is totally a no-brainer for Urban, imo. 

On the other hand, maybe Meyer is repulsed by the "soap opera" aspect of taking the job, which he would effectively be usurping from Herman.  As long as we're guessing.

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I've moved on to Campbell and by February y'all will all have talked yourselves into how a solid no bullshit football coach will put us in the conference championship every year. And you'll be right.

Remember when our floor was 2nd place in the conference and the holiday bowl? It didn't suck. And the ceiling could be decent too.

You might be right.  But this is the Urban Meyer or Bust thread, not the settle for Plan C thread.

You guys all opting out like our football captains.  You guys were pissed at them and then go do this shit.  This isn’t done yet.  Have hope for the another week.  Remember how important Urban’s staff is to him.   LFG

Edited by smash
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, futureman said:

whenever y’all wanna grow up and act like adults I’ll be here waiting.  I had the correct sources and the correct information for weeks and y’all doubted me, called me names, and tried to run me off.  good thing I care about truth and honor more than your baseless and cruel attacks.

again, whenever y’all would like to apologize to me and thank me for being the most informed poster on surly, let me know.  I am not here to gloat about being the only poster on this whole goddamn website who had it right from the beginning.  don’t. ever. forget it. 

Curious, cause I honestly don't know.  Was your position from the start that he would never coach here because health?  That other cat who was so adamant that he would never coach here said it was because the University would never lower itself to hire a coach with his baggage.  That was obviously garbage.

41 minutes ago, immamac said:

3 team members get covid and the whole program suspends all football activity? This is 100% bullshit. They want the season over to fire Herman. 

I understand what you are saying. Hope everyone impacted by the Covid is going be ok. I figured that Kansas game was never gonna be played. Especially since we now don’t need to play it for any reason. Same for Kansas. 

Why is everyone focused on the buyout number of 25 million? There's offsets in all the contracts and just about everyone will be employed within a year. Not only that, it's paid out over of the 2-3 years. 

So Texas athletics has revenues of ~200 million a year (before covid I know) . Firing the staff is an additional 8.3 million a year with no offsets. Let's say everyone makes 50% less at their next jobs, you're looking at a 4.1 million a year hit. Hardly any reason to bring mensa back. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Saw her in person several years ago walking down the street in downtown San Antonio and she was way hotter in person than I could have ever imagined. Tight little bod and nice ass. I don't know how the years have treated her but put me down for hell yes. 

Suzy Kolber is the same damn way...don't blame Broadway Joe one bit.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic