Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I said this earlier and got told I was reaching. I don't know where the 995er bs is coming that health reasons are an issue now, but I think we dont see real movement until the end of the season. That being said, I still am putting stock in him not wanting to create a distraction for the people he wants to pull out of OSU. They're still in Big10 CCG and Title Contention. I think this plays out longer, but I don't think its over. All the boomers on here need to stop being Doomers.

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe I just missed it but has anyone other than Nahlin reported that it's on life support?

Seems to me all the message board chatter is based off his single report, but again, I may have missed something in the last 50 pages

Edited by Tex-19

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

I said this earlier and got told I was reaching. I don't know where the 995er bs is coming that health reasons are an issue now, but I think we dont see real movement until the end of the season. That being said, I still am putting stock in him not wanting to create a distraction for the people he wants to pull out of OSU. They're still in Big10 CCG and Title Contention. I think this plays out longer, but I don't think its over. All the boomers on here need to stop being Doomers.

Exactly. That's why I think this rumor surge is misdirection.

8 minutes ago, troph said:

No practice, no presser, that’s just odd.  No practice I get but he can do a zoom call or a social distanced press conference.  

Not if he's fired.  Optimist in me says the presser is cancelled because Herman is fired and COVID is a distraction for when they reschedule the Urban press conference.

Y'all are panicking over basically nothing, IMO. Maybe he comes here, maybe he doesn't. But Eric fucking Nahlin is not going to be the one break the news. And even he said "there's still a chance." I have no idea about any of this - but it seems to me like virtually nothing has changed over the past couple of weeks except for the ebb and flow of $9.95er and other "inside" sources. I'm sorry to question your faith in the unimpeachable RapGameLarry and some internet cephalopod, but does anyone else remember the panic here when it looked like Herman was for sure LSU-bound? Let it play out. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't. The most important thing to me is that next year's team isn't coached by anyone named "Tom Herman."  

And to whomever said that the "COVID" cancellations are cover to fire Herman: I agree 100% - at least with respect to the presser. There's no reason he couldn't do a Zoom call. I want to believe. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Herman has the covid. Can't fire him if he's 

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Ha ha that’s funny. Cause you said boomers. And then you said doomers. Which rhymes. I get it man

1 minute ago, Ultimate Failure said:

The idea that the team "getting COVID" has anything to do with the coaching situation is absurd.  To believe that, you not only have to believe that everyone in involved in the decision lacks integrity, but also that players would go along with it (especially seniors) without speaking up.

Hi Tom. Dig the username.

Just now, TexasEd said:

Not if he's fired.  Optimist in me says the presser is cancelled because Herman is fired and COVID is a distraction for when they reschedule the Urban press conference.

I want this to be true, but there is absolutely no way it doesn't leak if he's already shitcanned.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Failure said:

The idea that the team "getting COVID" has anything to do with the coaching situation is absurd.  To believe that, you not only have to believe that everyone in involved in the decision lacks integrity, but also that players would go along with it (especially seniors) without speaking up.

User name checks out 

Just now, Tex-19 said:

Maybe I just missed it but has anyone other than Nahlin reported that it's on life support?

Seems to be all the message board chatter is based off his single report, but again, I may have missed something in the last 50 pages

I think he’s referring to a few posters on IT, here, and other boards who have been posting some variation “I don’t post much but just heard from a good source that it’s not happening”. 

They’ve been easy to ignore because they didn’t come from anyone with a history of knowing anything but posts that he turned us down have been out there for the last day. 

People need to stop getting caught up on the stated "health reasons" with any negative news. That's basically the "it's not you, it's me" of this situation. If he did/does say no, we probably won't hear the real reasons from the 9.95ers.

Also, for good taste, one more @Caddox in case he hasn't been tagged enough since this news broke

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

3 team members get covid and the whole program suspends all football activity? This is 100% bullshit. They want the season over to fire Herman. 

Could be, but 3 players and 2 staff just tested positive after they were all together in a locker room, buses, hotel rooms and a plane ride back to Austin.  That's a recipe for a covid outbreak.  Pausing is the smart move in this situation.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

So in the end the biggest driver of all this fervor on the board was Shelley Meyer saying she liked Tex-Mex and replying “lol” to some tweets, guys named Ceddy B & RapGameLarry saying anything that would gain them Twitter attention, and a QAnon Squid. 

I am shocked nothing came to fruition.

Yeah it was embarrassing. This fanbase lmao.

• Fuck You 6

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

People need to stop getting caught up on the stated "health reasons" with any negative news. That's basically the "it's not you, it's me" of this situation. If he did/does say no, we probably won't hear the real reasons from the 9.95ers.

Also, for good taste, one more @Caddox in case he hasn't been tagged enough since this news broke

Nah, I think the board is pretty much calling health reasons bullshit.

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

You should see the brisket thread or the shit I've cooked lately thread or the hey steelshank thread. 

This site fucks. We don't need football to have a great community, but this place is a lot more fun when we do have football to bring us together. 

s3-news-tmp-118579-skipad--default--1200 :)

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic