Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

If Herman is back we doomed.  Honestly most of the box buyers will buy no matter how shitty the team is, based on the guys I know, but the casual fans are going to flee.  I watched maybe four full games this season, one after OU.  So if revenue is the concern they don’t need to make a. Change.  If winning is there will be a change.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I still love all y’all though. Holy shit Colt and Giants beat Seattle and Wentz from Eagles got benched for Hurts who promptly went in there and scored a TD. 

keeping Wentz on the field while hurts was on the bench is exactly why you fucking fire Herman like SC did Muschamp. You hire SLOWLY unless you bag a unicorn like Meyer and you fire quickly. There was no fucking need to evaluate Herman at season’s end unless you are clueless about football, fans and recruits. You fire him early. Fuck the optics. We look even shittier now. God bless America. Fuck fuck fuck

Hurts promptly throws pick. 

iu.gif.8ab0835558a83005863b0983407af021.gif

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Dang it, Nahlin said it's on life support...health reasons

just saw this post.  that means its done.  I was waiting for the health reasons card because then only God can take the blame and Urban won't say anything.

it is ridiculous that he said its on life support but for health reasons.  Either he has health reasons that don't allow him to coach or not. Its not a "maybe".  He decided he didn't want to coach at Texas.

I put the Herman firing as a coin flip now. Who, in any high level stable P5 college gig, is going to want this after Urban said no?  you go 10-2 and no CCG and you will have the wolves after you.

Fuck Steve Patterson, Brown, Fenves, Perrin, Houston BMD's, and CDC in that order.

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Funny you say that as I can point to 4 moments where Sam probably cost us a game in the final minutes.  

He’s flawed, but he was a very good college QB. Texas fans sound like Sooners expecting improved QB play with Rattler when they talk about Sam. Even with the improvements in the defense, this team has an eight win ceiling next year year with the step back it will take on offense. 

Edited by HillaryFan420

1 hour ago, El Squared said:

Let me guess: Kraft BBQ sauce, boiled ribs , finished in the oven, and grandma didn’t even need to put her dentures in for supper.

Are your windows also covered in foil? Asking for a friend who works for Alcoa.

Respect to those graveyard guys at Alcoa. Making 100k a year with possibly just a hs education 

Do you know how many times Saban said no to Bama before they got him? The good news is that Meyer doesn't have another coaching job right now. And we still have a coach. So... let Herman play out the string, even the bowl game. Keep making Urban Meyer say no until he blocks your calls. Camp outside his house. Stalk the mother fucker. What do you have to lose?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

I've checked in with a couple of sources in the last hour and will continue to do so, but I wanted to pass along a few notes.

a. Urban Meyer has not given Texas an answer.

b. As we've been saying all week, and as recent as last night, the single biggest hurdle that has to be cleared is related to his health and I just communicated with a high-level source that said it remains the biggest issue with Meyer.

That hasn't magically gone away just because Texas is praying for it do so. How do we handicap the situation? I'm not sure. Maybe nerves are increasing and it's leading to a little panic. 

As of Sunday afternoon, there's not bad news to report as much as there's nervousness about the current situation that is probably sinking in.

Stay tuned.

Ketch is out of the loop

14 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

I've checked in with a couple of sources in the last hour and will continue to do so, but I wanted to pass along a few notes.

b. As we've been saying all week, and as recent as last night, the single biggest hurdle that has to be cleared is related to his health and I just communicated with a high-level source that said it remains the biggest issue with Meyer.

That hasn't magically gone away just because Texas is praying for it do so. How do we handicap the situation? I'm not sure. Maybe nerves are increasing and it's leading to a little panic. 

As of Sunday afternoon, there's not bad news to report as much as there's nervousness about the current situation that is probably sinking in.

Stay tuned.

OK, it's back on. Whew. Read this just in time. Just forced myself to vomit out a 100 sleeping pills. Never thought Fat Ketch would save my life. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Ketch

Stay tuned.

his health situation hasn't changed from 2 months ago.  this is BS smokescreen cover.

just saw this post.  that means its done.  I was waiting for the health reasons card because then only God can take the blame and Urban won't say anything.
it is ridiculous that he said its on life support but for health reasons.  Either he has health reasons that don't allow him to coach or not. Its not a "maybe".  He decided he didn't want to coach at Texas.
I put the Herman firing as a coin flip now. Who, in any high level stable P5 college gig, is going to want this after Urban said no?  you go 10-2 and no CCG and you will have the wolves after you.
Fuck Steve Patterson, Brown, Fenves, Perrin, Houston BMD's, and CDC in that order.
the reason nahlin said its on life support is because he has no fucking idea. hes just saying "its probably gone" with nothing to back it up and throwing in the health card as it would be the most likely reason for Urban to say no.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Wonder if he came to realization that he wasn't going to be able to pull any of the Urban Mafia and didn't want to go into a new gig with that many unknowns.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If cdc is dumb enough to keep

herman I would hope the fan base doesn’t pussy out and bail on season tickets next season. Also would think cdc would be on the hot seat for choking the biggest hire we brought him in to make.

Buying into shitty coaches and talking ourselves up into mediocrity is how we wind up like Nebraska.

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Has Texas ever fired a coach before the end of the regular season? I feel like the countdown can't begin until Saturday

That’s part of our problem. We think optics fucking matter. You know what the optics of the program are? Hint: clusterfuck and it’s our own fault. Until that changes and we decide we want to play modern big boy football we will be stuck talking about 2005, DKR’s years, and what could have been if Colt had not got hurt. 

So he said no definitively or he hasn’t yet given an answer and there was a deadline and they are assuming it’s a no? I am surprised no one even out right asked him in the media. I’m just frustrated and confused. I appreciate all the inside knowledge we seem to have here. Just trying to pivot and gear up for what I hope is a thorough HC search with multiple candidates and some transparency for the fans. If they keep Herman. I am gone. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

So he said no definitively or he hasn’t yet given an answer and there was a deadline and they are assuming it’s a no? I am surprised no one even out right asked him in the media. I’m just frustrated and confused. I appreciate all the inside knowledge we seem to have here. Just trying to pivot and gear up for what I hope is a thorough HC search with multiple candidates and some transparency for the fans. If they keep Herman. I am gone. 

He has not told anyone a definitive no as of late. But all the 995ers are doomers right now.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’ll take any of the shitty Plan C names mentioned here over the last two weeks over another year of Herman. 

I’ll take Napier, Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal, Sark, Franklin, Malzhan, and even Jeff Fucking Fisher over another year of Herman. 

I can’t imagine who in their right fucking mind could give a shit about Texas football in 2021 with Herman on the sideline. Might as well pretend the season was cancelled and wait for 2022. 

• Like 1

Are we sure this isn’t just a giant echo chamber?

BMD who is not high up enough hears about Barton article because it’s making the rounds on Twitter —> tells his friend, they tell people/post on forums etc.

While we can’t trust 9.95ers for shit, the one source Burton has talked about hasn’t changed his stance. Feel like we gotta wait for the official word here. Either we hear Herman gets a vote of confidence, that the pursuit has a new target, or we keep the assumption that Urbs is still in play.

• Like 1

Welp since we’re saddled with Mensa next year and we all know how to smoke and correctly slice a brisket could I get thoughts on the best methods for cooking Brussels sprouts? Had some at Longhorn Steakhouse a year or so ago that really turned me on and have been feverishly attempting to replicate something similar. Thanks in advance for serious replies.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’ll take any of the shitty Plan C names mentioned here over the last two weeks over another year of Herman. 

I’ll take Napier, Fickell, Campbell, Cristobal, Sark, Franklin, Malzhan, and even Jeff Fucking Fisher over another year of Herman. 

Me too - but the old farts don't want to pony up $25M for that group of scrubs. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic