Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Assman said:

Why not just put a new facility where the bubble is and tell the construction company to finish it in 7 months?  All you have to do is demo the old piece of shit which only takes about 2 days based on the episodes of Chip and Joanna I've seen, then put up a few steel beams and a roof.  You don't even have to finish the locker rooms or 18-hole golf course on time, just walls and a roof.  We can't do that in 7 months?

Because the TxDoT Capital Express Central project that will start construction sometime in the next 2-3 years will include widening of I-35 right where Denius Fields are right now.  Unless there is some alternative arrangement or other impediment to the plan, cars will be where the current practice facility is now by 2025 or so.

Hopefully, the focus will be on the area south of the SEZ.  Yes, that would involve getting an agreement with SG to relocate the Rec Sports Center and maybe the School of Social Work, but the existing footprint of Denius is most likely not going to be an option.

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Really we could put new practice facilities anywhere within a several mile radius of DKR.  We just hire Elon to bore a tunnel from DKR to the new practice facility and install a private bullet train.

Or just put the practice facility in the bore hole, not even a nuclear winter with stop football practices.

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Let's tear down those shitty apartments off of Barton Springs road.  Build it on the Northern part of Town Lake (fuck yes the correct name is Town Lake).  

or we could just put it in the middle of Lions

1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

Def not dogging you, but of course it’s called “Town Lake”.  What else is it being called?  (Please don’t tell me the millennial has tried to change THIS part of “old Austin”, as well..🙄)

Yes, Yes, it is "Town Lake" definitely!

Just like they are "19th Street" and "26th Street" --and not named other things.

• Hook 'Em 2

Because the TxDoT Capital Express Central project that will start construction sometime in the next 2-3 years will include widening of I-35 right where Denius Fields are right now.  Unless there is some alternative arrangement or other impediment to the plan, cars will be where the current practice facility is now by 2025 or so.
Hopefully, the focus will be on the area south of the SEZ.  Yes, that would involve getting an agreement with SG to relocate the Rec Sports Center and maybe the School of Social Work, but the existing footprint of Denius is most likely not going to be an option.

Since when does txdot have the right to any land on the 40? Asking seriously. Why can’t the university tell TXdot to pound sand? That’s ridiculous. Let them dig down on 35 if they have to.

1 minute ago, TexasBeta said:

Since when does txdot have the right to any land on the 40? Asking seriously. Why can’t the university tell TXdot to pound sand? That’s ridiculous. Let them dig down on 35 if they have to.

Honestly, they need to put I-35 underground anyway. It'd make the campus and the city better.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TexasBeta said:

Yeah, that's shortsighted. We won't have as many cars in 20 years and the ones we do have will be computerized and self-driving so traffic flows smoother, right Elon?

So assuming tOSU makes CFP Playoffs, a loss on Jan 1st in the semi-finals would be our best case scenario for a faster transition to Urban at TEXAS.

The second signing day for the 2021 class occurs on Feb 3rd, 2021. 

Guess Urban will focus on the OL and speed for transfers??

Edited by LTtxfan
Messed up... Ewers 2022

Just now, LTtxfan said:

So assuming tOSU makes CFP Playoffs, a loss on Jan 1st in the semi-finals would be our best case scenario for a faster transition to Urban at TEXAS.

Any word on whether Ewers might wait to sign until February??

Ewers is a junior and Class of '22

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

I imagine he’ll wait until dec 2021

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

He's class of 2022.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

You have snakes for legs? Cool

Ha! Ya! Pajamas. Velour ones. My mom gives my pjs every damn year for no apparent reason. It’s cold so I might as well wear em. Always these super baggy pjs but oh well.

Browns v Ravens looks like it could be a good one!

UM or bust! Fight me!!!!

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

The second signing day for the 2021 class occurs on Feb 3rd, 2021

Most of their class is signing in the next couple of days so personally I don't see any reason why Urban would have to wait until after their playoff game.  Its should be pretty easy for the OSU assistant coaches not to get distracted.  Just don't talk to reporters.  Those guys are going to be in the office for 20 hours a day leading up to their game more than likely.   If his son in law is going to come and this is all a done deal, just hush hush.....I'm pretty sure that conversation between Urban and him has already taken place anyway.  So again waiting doesn't do any good to keep him from getting distracted.  Just as long as those guys aren't officially hired or asked to call our recruits or anything like that, it don't make a shit.  And getting a head start on the transfer portal seems like it'd be a pretty important thing for Urban and Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ha! Ya! Pajamas. Velour ones. My mom gives my pjs every damn year for no apparent reason. It’s cold so I might as well wear em. Always these super baggy pjs but oh well.

Browns v Ravens looks like it could be a good one!

UM or bust! Fight me!!!!

We talkin nekked fightin or no?

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic