Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I don't mind you guys and most of the others discussing SW as posters, and this thread goes all over, but fuck all of you SW nerds if you think the rest of us want any kind of shitty fucking revisit of the flaming piece of dogshit that The Last Jedi was. That was a movie made by people that hated their audience. I laughed out loud in a packed theater on opening night when fucking Mary Poppins Leia made an appearance, roughly around the time angry, belligerent bitchass Luke Skywalker fucking milked an alien sea cow and drank it.

What a fucking joke of a movie in a collection of mostly terrible movies. That movie and all 3 prequels are a fucking embarrassment. Any single one of them would be considered Battlefield Earth-level bad if they didn't have the SW brand attached to them. 

I hated TLJ so much that I checked out on the final one released last year. Never watched it, heard it was also mediocre trash, and never thought much about it again. There is a movie board for you fucking dorks that have a pathological need to discuss shitty fucking Star Wars movies made by people and entities that take you for granted and snicker behind your backs that you pay to watch their tripe.

Normally I would say that this hit home but honestly don't care. Star Wars was my childhood, pretty much the only thing besides sports that I have given a general fuck about since I was a kid. George Lucas could take a two hour long shit, film it and call it Star Wars: The Bowels Awaken and I would preorder my tickets. I am a hog that will eat this fucking slop all god damn day..I cant help myself

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

So Disney has Tom Herman'd the SW franchise. Good to know. Episode I was the last one I bothered with because why they gotta fuck with

people's childhoods? 

I didn't even see Episode 1 until someone gave me the blu ray collection a few years back. Don't plan on ever seeing whatever the fuck came after the Last Jedi. That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters. The only thing that compares is Spectre but I didn't see that in theaters.

Edited by Bevo14

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is correct. Weeks ago.

I don't mind you guys and most of the others discussing SW as posters, and this thread goes all over, but fuck all of you SW nerds if you think the rest of us want any kind of shitty fucking revisit of the flaming piece of dogshit that The Last Jedi was. That was a movie made by people that hated their audience. I laughed out loud in a packed theater on opening night when fucking Mary Poppins Leia made an appearance, roughly around the time angry, belligerent bitchass Luke Skywalker fucking milked an alien sea cow and drank it.

What a fucking joke of a movie in a collection of mostly terrible movies. That movie and all 3 prequels are a fucking embarrassment. Any single one of them would be considered Battlefield Earth-level bad if they didn't have the SW brand attached to them. 

I hated TLJ so much that I checked out on the final one released last year. Never watched it, heard it was also mediocre trash, and never thought much about it again. There is a movie board for you fucking dorks that have a pathological need to discuss shitty fucking Star Wars movies made by people and entities that take you for granted and snicker behind your backs that you pay to watch their tripe.

Someone needs a hug

Edited by nineliveslost
oopsies

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Normally I would say that this hit home but honestly don't care. Star Wars was my childhood, pretty much the only thing besides sports that I have given a general fuck about since I was a kid. George Lucas could take a two hour long shit, film it and call it Star Wars: The Bowels Awaken and I would preorder my tickets. I am a hog that will eat this fucking slop all god damn day..I cant help myself

Well, that is just sad. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Kubiak intrigues me more than Kelly does. Has a SB ring, knows the state, Nahlin mentioned he'd get either Ewers or Manning next year. Plus the idea of winning a NC with him has me thinking of all the Aggy tears that will come after when cuckmaster couldn't deliver on their end. 

you can really tell which posters don't live in Houston by their reactions to Kubiak 

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Kubiak intrigues me more than Kelly does. Has a SB ring, knows the state, Nahlin mentioned he'd get either Ewers or Manning next year. Plus the idea of winning a NC with him has me thinking of all the Aggy tears that will come after when cuckmaster couldn't deliver on their end. 

I'm not sure he knows the state in recruiting any better than Kelly, or close. He's been in the NFL for nearly 40 years. But being the "awl shucks!" good ole Texas boy would probably help him get in quickly enough. And yes, the aggy tears would be great. 

Edited by UncleBuck

Since Brian Kelly continues to be brought up - besides Star Wars bullshit, of course! - here are some thoughts I just posted on the other thread.  (Hope it fits under the "or bust" umbrella.  Fits - bust - have at it.)

Wonder how many of you would be really happy with Kelly, if Meyer balked?

**************************************************************************************

BRIAN KELLY

- In 11 years at Notre Dame, Brian Kelly has all of 4 wins vs. Top 10 teams.  (4 wins in 13 games.) 

- Of those 4 Top 10 wins, one was against a #10 Michigan State team that finished the year unranked (7-6).  Another was his overtime win this year, vs. Clemson w/o Trevor Lawrence.

- And he's around 21 out of 41 vs. Top 25.

- Note, Fuckface (yeah that guy) has 6 Top-10 wins in his time at Houston and Texas.

IF KELLY CAME TO TEXAS

- If Kelly came to Texas and had access to better talent, yeah, we would have a high floor; routinely beat unranked teams, split with Top 25, stumble vs. OK/Top-10.

- So better years than we've seen in the recent past, but I don't see us regularly contending for a national title.  

- Would likely feel like pre-2005 Mack.  Sit around hoping that a Vince or Colt came along to put us over that top.

ND IN THE PLAYOFFS

- If he pulled off a miracle and won the title this year, would that change the - I hate this word - narrative? Sure.  National titles tend to do that.  Esp. since he would have to go through Alabama and likely Clemson.  We'll find out.

- But if he suffered yet another blowout?  For me, it would simply reinforce the current one.

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Since Brian Kelly continues to be brought up - besides Star Wars bullshit, of course! - here are some thoughts I just posted on the other thread.  (Hope it fits under the "or bust" umbrella.  Fits - bust - have at it.)

Wonder how many of you would be really happy with Kelly, if Meyer balked?

**************************************************************************************

BRIAN KELLY

- In 11 years at Notre Dame, Brian Kelly has all of 4 wins vs. Top 10 teams.  (4 wins in 13 games.) 

- Of those 4 Top 10 wins, one was against a #10 Michigan State team that finished the year unranked (7-6).  Another was his overtime win this year, vs. Clemson w/o Trevor Lawrence.

- And he's around 21 out of 41 vs. Top 25.

- Note, Fuckface (yeah that guy) has 6 Top-10 wins in his time at Houston and Texas.

IF KELLY CAME TO TEXAS

- If Kelly came to Texas and had access to better talent, yeah, we would have a high floor; routinely beat unranked teams, split with Top 25, stumble vs. OK/Top-10.

- So better years than we've seen in the recent past, but I don't see us regularly contending for a national title.  

- Would likely feel like pre-2005 Mack.  Sit around hoping that a Vince or Colt came along to put us over that top.

ND IN THE PLAYOFFS

- If he pulled off a miracle and won the title this year, would that change the - I hate this word - narrative? Sure.  National titles tend to do that.  Esp. since he would have to go through Alabama and likely Clemson.  We'll find out.

- But if he suffered yet another blowout?  For me, it would simply reinforce the current one.

Outside of Urban, there's not a candidate we're not gunna pick apart. Just the reality. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to a buddy today and he continued to hammer home the Kelly, Mullen, or Kubiag premise. Dismissed Urban Meyer when I brought him up. 

In short, the fix is in. I remain certain that Urban Meyer will be UT's next head coach. 

Now this is BDEnow this is podracing the phantom menace GIF by Star Wars

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I talked to a buddy today and he continued to hammer home the Kelly, Mullen, or Kubiag premise. Dismissed Urban Meyer when I brought him up. 

In short, the fix is in. I remain certain that Urban Meyer will be UT's next head coach. 

Kubiak does nothing at all for me. Just don't think he has the BDE needed for the role. I hope you're right CTJ. let's get Meyer.

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The Phantom Menace came close to that two hour Lucas endeavor you mention. For that movie two of us like you when it comes to Star Wars were on the road working on a project and got midnight showing tickets. We had a foreign contractor that did not drink and had no idea what Star Wars was go with us since we were his ride. First we get blasted at a bar, then go to the movie and proceed to pass out and snore. The contractor wakes us up at the end of the movie and says you guys dragged me along only to sleep through the whole thing. If we had not been the customer he probably would have taken the car since he had the keys after the bar while we were sleeping.

11 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

But, aggy, so you know this won't happen.

Encerio GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

wait wut? i checked out of this thread for the most part a couple of weeks ago...are you being serious when you say you think it's urban? what is going on, please?

9 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

But, aggy, so you know this won't happen.

Encerio GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Probably right. But Kelly doesn't really do anything for me either. Shows how big a drop off it is after Urban. 

But all this talk is unnecessary and fodder since Meyer will be the next HC at Texas. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

wait wut? i checked out of this thread for the most part a couple of weeks ago...are you being serious when you say you think it's urban? what is going on, please?

I'm having a bit of a time deciphering this as well. CTJ is normally pretty damn serious, no matter his tone. He IS saying that all of this Kelly and Mullen talk is just slight of hand, distracting us from the fact that Urban is a done deal. I just can't detect his level of belief in it. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 1