Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Does your vote still count if you don't put your sticker on, take a selfie, and post it on facebook?

We get it, you went out and did something that takes zero intellect, and almost everyone around here can do. I dont post a damn pic everytime I pump gas, but then again, that requires a bit more risk and skill. Do your civic duty as you see fit, but bragging about waiting in line and clicking a few buttons is damn moronic.

10 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Does your vote still count if you don't put your sticker on, take a selfie, and post it on facebook?

We get it, you went out and did something that takes zero intellect, and almost everyone around here can do. I dont post a damn pic everytime I pump gas, but then again, that requires a bit more risk and skill. Do your civic duty as you see fit, but bragging about waiting in line and clicking a few buttons is damn moronic.

image.png

• Like 1

Not so trivial, but when the trucks unloading shit in the theater district in downtown Houston choose to unload/load at morning rush hour and block two lanes of traffic coming in to downtown, that really pisses me off. It takes 20 min to go two blocks. Make them unload/load at off peak hours.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Not so trivial, but when the trucks unloading shit in the theater district in downtown Houston choose to unload/load at morning rush hour and block two lanes of traffic coming in to downtown, that really pisses me off. It takes 20 min to go two blocks. Make them unload/load at off peak hours.

Worst fucking part of my former downtown commute, by far. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

People who talk about the lottery. I don't give a shit that you bought tickets and no you aren't going to win so stfu. And when they don't win, all these posts of "Well I guess I have to go to work tomorrow hurr durrr hurr". 

You wanna come over and watch the results with me?  Serving Mac n cheese with hot dogs in it and shrimp cocktail out of a can. Have the party size sack of Cheetos as appetizers.  Fat cholas will be the hostesses with the mostesses.  

On 10/22/2018 at 9:55 AM, You don't know me said:

Friday night, coming back home from my kid's football game, I was stuck on a 2 lane road behind some asshole wavering his speed between 65 and 40.  The speed limit was 55 the whole way.  When we got to a passing zone, that's when he'd speed up to 65.  When we finally got to a town and the road turned into 4 lanes, I was able to get around.  When I got beside him, fucker was watching videos on his phone.

Coming up behind someone in the fast lane and nearly running over them at 68 mph.  They pull over to let you pass, so you go on, and on, and on still not passing them and realize you're doing 80+ and that once they pulled over they sped up.  ASSHOLES.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Coming up behind someone in the fast lane and nearly running over them at 68 mph.  They pull over to let you pass, so you go on, and on, and on still not passing them and realize you're doing 80+ and that once they pulled over they sped up.  ASSHOLES.

Drove to Houston and back on Saturday from NB on I-10 and this happened to me at least 5 or 6 times. 

2 hours ago, deadshank said:

You wanna come over and watch the results with me?  Serving Mac n cheese with hot dogs in it and shrimp cocktail out of a can. Have the party size sack of Cheetos as appetizers.  Fat cholas will be the hostesses with the mostesses.  

This actually sounds like a pretty good time. Will there be cold Busch Light?

30 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

When you miss the very end of a movie on a flight because the fucking pilot can't shut up and keep his dumbass ramblings to himself. Same goes for the excessive credit card applications the sky waitresses are forced to peddle. 

Thank you!

But it's nice being able to never listen to the pre-flight crap.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:40 AM, Okie State said:
On 10/22/2018 at 8:55 AM, You don said:
Friday night, coming back home from my kid's football game, I was stuck on a 2 lane road behind some asshole wavering his speed between 65 and 40.  The speed limit was 55 the whole way.  When we got to a passing zone, that's when he'd speed up to 65.  When we finally got to a town and the road turned into 4 lanes, I was able to get around.  When I got beside him, fucker was watching videos on his phone.

This is when you need the 400-500HP V8 to blow past these assholes in the small passing zone windows.

I was just about to post the same thing.  I can pass any car I want to.

44 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I like Previews, make sure to get there early enough to see them. 

Except for that horseshit they shoehorned before Coco.  That was 100% pure rage inducing bitchassery by the movie companies.

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Except for that horseshit they shoehorned before Coco.  That was 100% pure rage inducing bitchassery by the movie companies.

That shit was the worst.  My 6 year old niece loves Frozen and was asking when the movie was going to start halfway through.

4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Not a clue to what you’re talking about.  Guess i may need to go see this Coco.  But I get a bit perturbed if we’re late for previews. 

It's not in theaters any more.  they put about a 15 minute "short" in there for the next Frozen.  It was terribad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coco, the movie is awesomely badass.  Dia de Los Muertos is upon us, so it might be a good time to watch.

Edited by slorch

13 hours ago, slorch said:

It's not in theaters any more.  they put about a 15 minute "short" in there for the next Frozen.  It was terribad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coco, the movie is awesomely badass.  Dia de Los Muertos is upon us, so it might be a good time to watch.

The "short" before The Incredibles 2 made me so hungry for dumplings, though.

The Frozen-inspired short before Coco is the first non-original short included in a Pixar movie since A Bug's Life.

Edited by Js1

BMWs and their drivers. Fuck them and their entitled “rules don’t apply to me” asses

I had to back up in a tight spot to get out of a backed up line at my kids school. There was a guy in a BMW behind me. Using my backup camera I backed up as far as I could and managed to get out of the line. He chased me down and when I stopped to pick up my son he started yelling at me about how I almost hit him and never even looked in my rear view mirror. I just looked at him and said I’m sorry you’re so worried about the car you had to finance at 9% over 7 years and drove off.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I had to back up in a tight spot to get out of a backed up line at my kids school. There was a guy in a BMW behind me. Using my backup camera I backed up as far as I could and managed to get out of the line. He chased me down and when I stopped to pick up my son he started yelling at me about how I almost hit him and never even looked in my rear view mirror. I just looked at him and said I’m sorry you’re so worried about the car you had to finance at 9% over 7 years and drove off.

Oh, that's good.... 

On 10/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

When you miss the very end of a movie on a flight because the fucking pilot can't shut up and keep his dumbass ramblings to himself. Same goes for the excessive credit card applications the sky waitresses are forced to peddle. 

PoD,  Is that a for real thing?   I haven't flown in forever, but yes that would be a major aggravation.

Trivial that makes me Surly,
Well, I don't know how trivial it is, but I had been collecting material for a new smoker build once my shoulders had healed.   New pipe, (new, seamless, high dollar pipe at that) all of the expanded metal and most of the material for the legs, shelves etc.   Fast forward to pacemaker/defibrillator surgery, then fast forward to today when I was told due to the implant, not only am I no longer allowed to weld, I can't even be withing 25' of welding.

WTH?  Some kind of "wave" arc welding puts off, but can't remember exactly what they are.  I kind of went deaf when the doctor got to "you can't weld because"?

Yeah, it's a real scourge, at least flying American. They do a whole spiel over the PA system which disrupts the in-flight entertainment for the duration, they make the flight attendants walk the aisles with a handful of brochures, and then before landing, they make another announcement that "they still just have a few of them left" (as though there's been such a demand that they've almost run out) for anyone who wants to grab one while deplaning. 

I jokingly referred to the flight attendants as sky waitresses, and I know that they are actually trained to save lives when the shit hits the fan and that food and drink service is the least important thing they do, but I am angry on their behalf that they're now being conscripted into the role of in-flight telemarketer. 

Coming into a thread with 69 pages certain that this has all been discussed but not having time to read the whole damn thing. (I am sure I will make some of you surly for doing this)

Kids running around outside in socks without shoes.

Little sayings printed as art decor all around the house.

Opening the garage and finding the refrigerator open and 100% denial by the entire household that anyone got anything out of it.

Finding a half drank soda or Gatorade in the house or fridge.

People bitching on Nextdoor about how people drive in the neighborhood.

Having to repeat myself.

My dog continuing to bark after I get home when he can see it is clearly me and not an intruder.

Big women in little shorts.

Finding mold on cheese or bread.

Putting utensils in the dishwasher handle down so they have to fondle the eating end when putting them back in the drawer.

Not being in complete control of the remote.

Someone sitting in my spot on the couch.

Not being able to understand someone at a drive through window.

Having unsolicited newspapers thrown in my yard.

The "My Pillow Guy."

People who get married during hunting and football season. (Not so trivial)

Chit chat conversation. (And the people who want to continue it long after I have tuned out.)

Finding a typo on something that was already sent.

People who gossip.

The price of bottled water in stores and tea in a restaurants.

Edited by UTEX90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Coming into a thread with 69 pages certain that this has all been discussed but not having time to read the whole damn thing. (I am sure I will make some of you surly for doing this)

Kids running around outside in socks without shoes.

Little sayings printed as art decor all around the house.

Opening the garage and finding the refrigerator open and 100% denial by the entire household that anyone got anything out of it.

Finding a half drank soda or Gatorade in the house or fridge.

People bitching on Nextdoor about how people drive in the neighborhood.

Having to repeat myself.

My dog continuing to bark after I get home when he can see it is clearly me and not an intruder.

Big women in little shorts.

Finding mold on cheese or bread.

Putting utensils in the dishwasher handle down so they have to fondle the eating end when putting them back in the drawer.

Not being in complete control of the remote.

Someone sitting in my spot on the couch.

Not being able to understand someone at a drive through window.

Having unsolicited newspapers thrown in my yard.

The "My Pillow Guy."

People who get married during hunting and football season. (Not so trivial)

Chit chat conversation. (And the people who want to continue it long after I have tuned out.)

Finding a typo on something that was already sent.

People who gossip.

The price of bottled water in stores and tea in a restaurants.

Good luck with aaaaaaaall that......

• Like 1