Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

46 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You're confirmation bias is showing. You're the one being duped. Snopes is absolutely correct. Here, you can watch Anderson talk about, and show clips of, the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQEtXWdID0k

I'm just posting the link since there's a political component to it. It does sort of explain how that pic made it out into the ignoramusphere. It should bother you that you're so easily manipulated. 

First, I know this clip is from Ike and not from Florence.

Second, he's standing in the borrow ditch which would be the lowpoint in the ROW.  Clearly you can see the barbed wire fence behind him is not under water and the grass is exposed at the bottoms of the fence posts.  Further, the one-story house (built on grade) in the background has water not exceeding the height of the rough window openings. The metal building in the background whene the responders' truck goes by is not flooded out. 

Sure, there is plenty of water to go around and probably some really deep spots in the area, too.  AC is standing in a borrow ditch and defending himself in the link you provided.  Yes, the borrow ditch is deep but AC is not telling us the complete story.  He's selling us a story. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Yes. That's what it is called. 

Yeah, I know, I just have never seen anyone spell it out. It's a ditch. Or at most a bar ditch. At least in my neck of Texas.

ETA: I have several civil engineers and surveyors in the fambly and ain't never heard ary a one of them go full proper borrow ditch.

Edited by El Diablo

This one chick in my office and her fucking emails. Every. Fucking. Time:
To: All Employees
Attached is the form you need to fill in for some fucking stupid reason, but really it's just to waste your time and no one will ever look at it
Is she hot?

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

First, I know this clip is from Ike and not from Florence.

Second, he's standing in the borrow ditch which would be the lowpoint in the ROW.  Clearly you can see the barbed wire fence behind him is not under water and the grass is exposed at the bottoms of the fence posts.  Further, the one-story house (built on grade) in the background has water not exceeding the height of the rough window openings. The metal building in the background whene the responders' truck goes by is not flooded out. 

Sure, there is plenty of water to go around and probably some really deep spots in the area, too.  AC is standing in a borrow ditch and defending himself in the link you provided.  Yes, the borrow ditch is deep but AC is not telling us the complete story.  He's selling us a story. 

If you're saying Anderson is being deceptive then you didn't watch the video. He clearly states where he's standing, shows the road and vehicles driving on it, talks about how it's even deeper over behind him, shows the waterline which makes it clear it used to be even deeper (heck, look at the waterline on the fence behind him in the still photo). No deception whatsoever.

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I cant stand sellers selling their tickets low in a sellers market.

Its ndsu homecoming. Like 30 tickets are available on stubhub for this weekends HOMECOMING game out of 19,000 seats. Dumbfucks on FB ticket exchange are asking like 15 dollars above face.

so $20?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

the bag of tortilla chips at HEB that are pulverized into crumps with the exception of the 4 or 5 at the clear plastic window portion of the bag...

looks like they just honored the request to remove "all of that air" from the bags.

15 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, I know, I just have never seen anyone spell it out. It's a ditch. Or at most a bar ditch. At least in my neck of Texas.

ETA: I have several civil engineers and surveyors in the fambly and ain't never heard ary a one of them go full proper borrow ditch.

#teambarditch

27 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Conversely, there is nothing more humbling in this life than sitting middle seat on a flight from DFW to ORD. Anytime I start thinking I'm smart or hip or rich or special or talented or unique, I'm glad that life humbles me. This last ego reconstruction must have been a pretty good one, because God sat me next to an obese guy from Rochester who was ill and whose farts I suffered through was evidence of his illness being more severe and sympathy worthy, probably.

You seem to make a lot of poor life decisions

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

People that think the media is honest.  Lulz.  No conspiracy.

Exactly. The media is there to be deceitful and playing on some agenda. Playing on emotions and dividing the people. They do a great job as well as so many believe anything they see on TV.

And don't get me started on the bullshit Red Cross in all of these disasters. Fuck them.

4 hours ago, Buck Strickland said:

Hell I pay the extra to have it when I get my teeth cleaned twice a year.  

Wife (no pics) took our 15 yo to the dentist the other day.  When they were leaving there was a kid in the waiting room eating from a big bag of Cheetos and drinking a Mountain Dew.  Yeah, he was there to see the dentist.  Oh, and the kid's mom was sitting right next to him.  That's rural Missouri for you.

9 hours ago, You don't know me said:

Wife (no pics) took our 15 yo to the dentist the other day.  When they were leaving there was a kid in the waiting room eating from a big bag of Cheetos and drinking a Mountain Dew.  Yeah, he was there to see the dentist.  Oh, and the kid's mom was sitting right next to him.  That's rural Missouri for you.

I guess if you're taking your kid in for a teeth cleaning you may as well get your money's worth. Here, Johnny, have some taffy. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, baboso said:

Gout.  Particularly when it flares on the weekend.

Holy fuck that shit can be scary. I woke up yesterday morning with a pain in my big toe. I've only ever had it once before and that was maybe a decade ago and it was the other big toe. Not bad at all considering but I've seen guys who were damn near crippled by it. Drink lots of water, avoid red meat and seafood with iodine and jack off more. 

9 hours ago, DougO said:

When you're on a highway road trip and you're going against the wind the whole way so your gas mileage is still crappy.

Then the wind reverses direction before the return journey.

Had a honda Civic once, and had the first part happen.  However, on the return trip, I was over 60 MPG on cruise.  Was fantastic.