Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

13 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

No doubt Webster is changing the dictionary immediately for the definition of empathy to see this. 

If you don't read that transcript right there and get choked up, you're dead inside. 

That's perfect empathy right there.  That's perfect leadership.  

We are truly blessed.

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

No doubt Webster is changing the dictionary immediately for the definition of empathy to see this. 

If you don't read that transcript right there and get choked up, you're dead inside. 

That's perfect empathy right there.  That's perfect leadership.  
He managed to completely avoid talking about the fact that he hasn't spoken with anyone other than the families of the handful of friends he has lost, and then somehow pivoted it to discussing the long-raging debate (particularly here in Texas) between classroom and online learning.  There's not a one of you on here that could manage to do that. 

Imagine if Gov. Perry, during the online learning/classroom debate in 2014 here in Texas public higher education, had been asked at a press conference, "Governor, to mark the 15 year anniversary of the death of 12 Aggies at the bonfire collapse, have you reached out to the families to hear their stories of loss and grief and recovery on this hallowed day?"  And Perry rolled into some bullshit about knowing a few Aggies, but really wanted to talk about the online/classroom debate going on in Texas.  Even his most ardent Republican supporters would consider that cold and told him to fuck off.  But not you Trump supporters, nope---you dipshits think that this man is truly a blessing to us.  He hasn't even accidentally asked us to pray for the families of those who have died on his watch.  He at least had the sense to call for prayer after a few mass shootings, but this thing kills 60,000 Americans and he hasn't even ended a speech with "And may god bless America."  Oh wait, I forgot...he's a man of private faith.  Mmmkay. 

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Priceisrighthorn.mp3

Meanwhile, many Governors, both Dem and GOP, have seen 20+ point upticks in their approval ratings. Presumably related to not being incoherent piles of toxic human garbage. 

Ah, the ever-present 42%.  They never waver.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

wow did sorkin write that?  so very moving. 

What I wouldn't give to see/hear a walk-n-talk through the West Wing with Trump, Jared, Pompeo, and Fauci.  

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Yeah.  I mean, I've always LOVED the longing for a better time....when I wouldn't have been allowed to eat in half the restaurants in the state, wouldn't have been hired by any major law firm, etc.  Even the mythology of this past Great America effectively admits that it was a "Great America" if you were a white male, and that's it.  Black people and hispanics sure as shit ain't longing for a return to the paradise of the 1950s.  And that doesn't even get to the point of the book you cited -- that it wasn't paradise at all.

6 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

So glad we don't have to be embarrassed by a president with feelings anymore

This feels like a million years ago. Having a president that actually gave a fuck, who was eloquent, empathetic, intelligent. Seems like we are stuck in the middle of a nightmare. This country better stand the fuck up in November. 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Mr Quid Pro Quo says, "Stephen wants to make his quotas for deportation, so...."

They should submit articles of secession instead.

But what will really happen is they'll pretend to comply with his demands without actually complying and both sides will claim victory. 

I still think NYPD should pull all security from Trump Tower, and that Cuomo should declare it an emergency covid hospital. But DeBlasio should have done the former a couple years ago. The guy only cares about himself. You have to hit him personally in order to get him to act. NY can absolutely do that. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

I guess Purdue is the 57th state?

Maybe he said, "In a great state."  

But this once again goes back to what even Trumpkins suspect, somebody tells him something one time that he didn't know before...and he can't wait to show the world his new, shiny fact.  Here's why he referred to Purdue as a state in those remarks.  His V.P. attended IUPUI.  The school is literally called Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis.  Mike has the diploma proudly displayed in his office, and he references his graduate school often.  So Trump hears/sees those two names together (Indiana-Purdue) and he thinks of it as a pair of states, not the merging of two higher ed systems.  I'm not kidding, in his brain...the two of them are both names of states.  Now, if you walked up to him and asked if there was a State named "Purdue", he'd obviously say "No."  But if you got him talking about Alabama and Auburn rivalry, he'd probably fuck up and say that both are great states that support him and they both have great football traditions in their states that remind one of the great border rivalry between South Carolina and Clemson.  
In fact, I'd bet you dollars to donuts, he's only a couple more missed meds away from thinking The University of Pennsylvania and the Warton School are in two separate states.  

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

As someone on this site said their child mentioned - "listening to Donald Trump talk is like hearing the kid giving a book report that didn't read the book." EVERY FRICKN DAY!!!!!!!!! 

Just like his doctor has to sneak cauliflower into his mashed potatoes, so too do his advisers/briefers have to pepper in actual facts into the adulation sessions that he calls meetings/calls/pressers.  To be fair, there are actually a few smart people in his administration that give him really good data, intel, and strategies.  But it's just noise to him between all the flattering commentary and adoration.  He manages to keep a couple nuggets to deploy in his next public appearance, but he glosses over most of it.  You put too much data in there, just like too much cauliflower and he'll notice it and get frustrated like a picky-eater kid at the dinner table. 

You can still load up the dish with more veggies, but then you have to add more butter and salt to hide that, and pretty soon you're just in a one-up spiral with yourself to hide the good stuff with more of what he wants.  It's a vicious cycle which may help explain why his presidential cabinet is more of a presidential lazy-susan.  

54 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

They are taking viewer submitted questions on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Sneaky. Anyone who submits a question can easily be tracked and attacked (either microtargeting or access to contacts) by the Trump campaign. That will help in the coming months to solidify their base with ads, etc and go after the outliers.

He needs to get some sleep.

He’s got a full day of television watching tomorrow.

541072ea8e0c592c485bff3469a5beb1.jpg

And again with the “like a dog”.

The fact that he has such a low opinion of dogs makes me feel sure that dogs hate him and have shown their hatred of him his entire life.

I wouldn’t need to know anything else than that to know he’s a horrible horrible person.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Batshit Crazy 12 hours for the stable genius.

What's so inspiring though, as a fellow Evangelical to President Trump, is the frequency and passion with which he also peppers in tweets about Christ, prayer for the sick, God's watching over us during this pandemic, asking for blessings upon our nation during this challenging time, etc.  It's a true divine inspiration the way both in person at press conferences and on-line with twitter, that he asks the Lord to watch over his American Flock.  Typically people that ignore science, like us, cling to organized religion or vice-versa.  99.999% of people flock one of the two camps in times like these to find answers, solemnity, and drive.  But nope, not our great leader---he dismissed both of them and forges on.  "Plot a course, he says as a true Captain, aim for the Sun!"  

Somehow I missed this little tidbit from Trumps tete a tete with Governor Edwards. At the beginning of the meeting, Trump introduced Dr. Blythe Adams. She was brought in to oversee the ventilators for the King of the Ventilators. She says a few words and like all his subjects, thanks him for allowing her to serve. Trump takes over:

Trump: "Well, we just think you were fantastic. And I met with Blythe and about 20 young people. They were all young and they're all brilliant. I think the IQ in that room -- the average IQ was about 192. And it was an incredible meeting, actually. And many of them had been -- had made a lot of money on Silicon Valley. They sold a company. I wouldn't say they were dressed like I dress. They dress a little bit less -- like in a t-shirt, right? And they had very thick glasses, for the most part. But they were super-brilliant people. Jared really led that charge. Incredible. Brilliantly. He may be my son-in-law, but he is a brilliant person, as they all understand. And they took that and they also -- now they're working on testing, and testing is coming along at a level that nobody thought even possible. We've now done more tests than anybody in the world by far."

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Somehow I missed this little tidbit from Trumps tete a tete with Governor Edwards. At the beginning of the meeting, Trump introduced Dr. Blythe Adams. She was brought in to oversee the ventilators for the King of the Ventilators. She says a few words and like all his subjects, thanks him for allowing her to serve. Trump takes over:

Trump: "Well, we just think you were fantastic. And I met with Blythe and about 20 young people. They were all young and they're all brilliant. I think the IQ in that room -- the average IQ was about 192. And it was an incredible meeting, actually. And many of them had been -- had made a lot of money on Silicon Valley. They sold a company. I wouldn't say they were dressed like I dress. They dress a little bit less -- like in a t-shirt, right? And they had very thick glasses, for the most part. But they were super-brilliant people. Jared really led that charge. Incredible. Brilliantly. He may be my son-in-law, but he is a brilliant person, as they all understand. And they took that and they also -- now they're working on testing, and testing is coming along at a level that nobody thought even possible. We've now done more tests than anybody in the world by far."

giphy.gif

See, what you have to understand is that he's a clinically insane pathological liar.  Once you get that nailed down, it all makes sense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We've now done more tests than anybody in the world by far."

This is actually correct in total, which is good, considering we have about 800,000 more cases than any other country and 1/3 of the entire world's cases.  Per capita testing though, not so much.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, what you have to understand is that he's a clinically insane pathological liar.  Once you get that nailed down, it all makes sense.

Of course it does, but I liked his little qualifier "for the most part" following the "very thick glasses" comment. It's almost like he caught himself out. 'If they are brilliant and have very thick glasses but...wait a minute, I'm brilliant and I refuse to be seen wearing glasses and Jared doesn't wear glasses...'

On 4/29/2020 at 1:37 PM, DixonHur said:

Real men don't cry, they bottle it up deep inside until one day they shoot up a preschool or Wal-Mart 

Reminded me of this Bill Burr bit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I usually go with “Narcissistic, Id driven dolt who thought the office came with broad authoritarian powers”. But yours is good, too.

I liked this graph, specifically the second one. Yes, people can hold more than one thought and lay blame at more than one person's feet.

A “blame China only” response shows like of reason and knowledge. Demonstrates the effectiveness of the extreme right’s propaganda machine.

Many countries can blame China but only lost hundreds, are opening up their economies, and looking at the US with pity.

A “blame China only” response shows like of reason and knowledge. Demonstrates the effectiveness of the extreme right’s propaganda machine.

Many countries can blame China but only lost hundreds, are opening up their economies, and looking at the US with pity.

Apparently you aren’t familiar with the DT thread.

Nuke China!

Guest Lobo
12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Is that Two Corinthians? Somehow I don't think that is Two Corinthians.

And who writes a single letter to an entire nation of peoples?  

And now a reading from the Book of Trump, a letter to the Chinese

"And though my own intelligence community tells unto me, the virus does not appear to be genetically modified in any way, why would this be a time to believe them finally?  I tihnketh that you have still created this in your labs with bats.  Some sort of BatLab.  And though he does not looketh Chinese, Morgan Freeman could be involved somehow in your BatLab.  Maybe it's underground so our satellites can't see it.  So like maybe in a cave then.  A CaveLab for Bats?  Where you make super viruses, tremendous viruses.  Lo unto me.  Lo...is that a Chinese word?  And so it is written."  

And I say verily, unto thee, that thou shalt open thy markets in three weeks.  First shalt thou let thee be warmed by the rays of the sun.  Then, shalt thou count the weeks to equal three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, spray thee with windex and shoppest until thee droppest..

• Like 3