Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

On 9/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, pyrohornIII said:

This is a good start.

Get a plan to control Covid 19

Simultaneously tax the uber wealthy to try to recoup some of the plunder they collected from the lower classes.   

Close loopholes that provide tax shelters off shore, etc.  

Fund the IRS to actually go after these fucks, instead of the little guys who can't afford tax lawyers

Pump funding into jobs in the infrastructure and public housing.   Pump funding into education all the way up and down the line. 

Renewable energy would be part of that infrastructure, as would sustainable farming and housing.

Move more jobs towards startups and localized markets.  Bring more work back to the rural communities.   More mom and pops and less corporations.  That means a broadband effort like REA was a century ago.  

Term limits, campaign finance reform, kill Citizen's United and dark money, start discussing ranked voting.  

All of this gives people a fighting chance to achieve more in their real world, something tangible they can take pride in, instead of wallowing around in the make believe world Trump has lured them.   It would reinvigorate the American Dream that was corrupted by Wall St and their overlords to turn us into dumb downed consumers only.  

You’ll have better luck moving overseas than believing we’re going to be doing any of that shit.

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Is this something that really happened? Because as much as I want to believe every dumb thing about Trumpkins, I’m still finding this hard to believe. 

According to the timeline in the original link... yes.

that almost happened to us last summer in Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe. front end of the boat submerged, sent a big wave down the length of the boat, everything got soaked. pretty startling and scary! lesson learned, can't idle along slowly with that many boats and that much chop!

poor folks *snicker*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Meanwhile in Austin

I was talking to my father-in-law about coming to see them this week at their condo on Lake Tyler.  He mentioned the boat parade and said it was "beautiful."  I had no reaction at all.  None, Not even meh or a gagging noise.  I think he got the point.

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think there are a lot more than this. I hope you’re right, but it’s a dangerous game to take this as fact. 

There aren’t. The truth is republican registration continues to trend down. It’s currently about 25%. Depending on how the question is asked Trump has the approval of up to 87% of those people. Asked other ways it’s closer to 80%.  That puts trumps “cult” at well under 20% of people likely to vote. Do you really think there are another 20+ percent of people out there who are rabidly pro trump yet can’t even be bothered to register for his party? Will he get 40+% of the vote? Of course, but over half of those won’t give a shit when he loses, and they damn sure won’t support any shenanigans the hardcore nuts try to pull.