Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I get the feeling that Trump is currently seething with resentment with every clip of governors, Republican or Democrat, systematically addressing a path forward that inevitably defines everything he couldn't do. 

"And why, why in the fuck can't these Republican cocksucker governors take one goddamn second to fucking lend me just one motherfucking ounce of fucking praise while they grandstand as a responsible leader tasked with a job?  Do they not understand how this is impacting ME?  Motherfuckers!  Don't they know what is at stake?  What about ME?"

I'm sure, but the whole, "Hey govs, you're on your own. I don't know any ventilators, never met any ventilators, so you're going to have to go out and meet them yourselves--" ought to bring on a whole lot of scorn by state leaderships across the US.

California has been assembling multi-pronged plans to address this and Newsome has yet to say, "Hoax this, mofo!"

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Your point?

Cuomo didn't have to point at a picture of Trump and make a gesture toward his crotch or rub the picture on his ass or lean to one side and lift a leg at the picture.  The weight of the situation defines Trump as a dreadful executive who not only did the minimum, but was also a detriment.  His incompetence now has a smell that wafts into the walls of every room he enters.  It' isn't necessary to announce that it stinks.  The country can smell it and some will pretend it's a lemon blossom.

13 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Man our kids are going to read about this shit one day and ask us how the fuck we let this orange tub of lard do this

I was learning about McCarthy in High School and was talking about the stuff I was being taught with two co-workers back in 1983. To my surprise the guy that was 60+ and my boss just went off on a rant pissed off that I did not understand how great and good a man McCarthy had been. So our kids will just have to be careful they may get fired (he did not fire me) by a closet Trumpkin that can't take it.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your point?

It's conceivable that Cuomo, because he is not a toddler like Trump, pulled his punches?

I know the current state of politics doesn't encourage adult behavior, but someone occasionally has to be one.

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Cuomo didn't have to point at a picture of Trump and make a gesture toward his crotch or rub the picture on his ass or lean to one side and lift a leg at the picture.  The weight of the situation defines Trump as a dreadful executive who not only did the minimum, but was also a detriment.  His incompetence now has a smell that wafts into the walls of every room he enters.  It' isn't necessary to announce that it stinks.  The country can smell it and some will pretend it's a lemon blossom.

That, too!

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Which is why I said his contempt for Trump is "palpable".

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, sometimes people, grown ups in public positions, hide their contempt when something larger is at stake.

Astonishing, I know.

They do have a responsibility to citizens and I see your point. but, whooo boy, if regular citizens cannot see past the President with respect to how competent leadership handles a crisis, then any citizen who does needs to ramp up the pressure ala Bloomberg.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's conceivable that Cuomo, because he is not a toddler like Trump, pulled his punches?

I know the current state of politics doesn't encourage adult behavior, but someone occasionally has to be one.

Did I say anything that would make you think I dispute this?

Sorry for being prickly, but I have no idea why you're trying to make this point about my post.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Which is why I said his contempt for Trump is "palpable".

I hear you.  I just wanted write something lengthy about Trump's performance actually having a smell to it and how half of Congress now has to be creative enough to argue that the hole in the port-o-potty at a chili festival has beautiful blue water and a soothing fragrance.

• Haha 1

Governors have a right to be pissed. I think Trump's context was that states shouldn't wait on the Govt to procure supplies and should try to get what they need. But that opens us up to states fighting for limited medical supplies and that's a whole other can of worms. 

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I started the process of refinancing my mortgage this morning.  Knocking off a point and half, paying it off 8 years earlier and saving 50k.  Thanks for crashing the economy Donald.

I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'm just proceeding. As a young person, is this the best time to buy a home? I've been saving up enough for a down payment, but should I let the housing market situation play out a little more or should I be actively looking to purchase right now? 

Open question for all. Would love some advice from older folks here. 

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Did I say anything that would make you think I dispute this?

Sorry for being prickly, but I have no idea why you're trying to make this point about my post.

No.  I was just making a general point, not a response to your post, specifically.

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'm just proceeding. As a young person, is this the best time to buy a home? I've been saving up enough for a down payment, but should I let the housing market situation play out a little more or should I be actively looking to purchase right now? 

Bro the longer this draws out the more people are going to lose their jobs, foreclosures will spike, and home values will plummet. Why rush into a new home now just because rates are low?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They do have a responsibility to citizens and I see your point. but, whooo boy, if regular citizens cannot see past the President with respect to how competent leadership handles a crisis, then any citizen who does needs to ramp up the pressure ala Bloomberg.

It's a tough call, but meeting Trump with trumpiness at this particular time is probably a mistake.

There's a difference between refinancing and buying.  Personally, I wouldn't be looking to buy a house right now.  There are too many unknowns in the near future.  For one thing, prices tend to peak in the late spring, so that's a headwind right there.  Interest rates are unlikely to spike much.  I'd be looking in the fall if I were inclined to buy any time soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No.  I was just making a general point, not a response to your post, specifically.

Sorry, like I said  . . . prickly.  I get to work from home for at least 2 weeks with a house full of kids and I'm already pulling what's left of my hair out.

• Like 1

Governors have a right to be pissed. I think Trump's context was that states shouldn't wait on the Govt to procure supplies and should try to get what they need. But that opens us up to states fighting for limited medical supplies and that's a whole other can of worms. 

They could try to secure individual rights to the ventilators and charge the other states ten times the price.  It's a big opportunity.  Big.  It'll be a fun game show kinda like that one where LaToya Jackson had to outwit Jose Canseco on a business deal and then the pretend CEO who sat in a higher chair than the rest of them to define his prominence ended up admonishing both of them anyway.  It's all good fun.  Do you not see the blockbuster appeal to this?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

They could try to secure individual rights to the ventilators and charge the other states ten times the price.  It's a big opportunity.  Big.  It'll be a fun game show kinda like that one where LaToya Jackson had to outwit Jose Canseco on a business deal and then the pretend CEO who sat in a higher chair than the rest of them to define his prominence ended up admonishing both of them anyway.  It's all good fun.  Do you not see the blockbuster appeal to this?

Chooky this is so big brained I feel inspired. How have you not been put in charge of this by Trump yet??

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's a tough call, but meeting Trump with trumpiness at this particular time is probably a mistake.

As much as I hate to admit it, you are correct. I think I'm suffering from that feeling of wanting to lash out. My parents and spouse's parents are no longer living but watching this unfold has been tough. It would be tough and painful regardless given the novelty of the virus, but knowing how priorities were set, etc it is maddening. I do hope people are taking notes, however.

4 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

someone just asked him about the stock market decline today and his response was we need to focus on the virus not the stock market. 

Wow

I would take that as more of moving goal posts.  He knows by now the market is proper fucked likely well past election day...  so he will focus on something that will get better by then (fingers crossed)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Any other president, past and future: "I'm not going to get into that right now.... we're all doing our best and trying to save lives blah blah blah..."

Trump: "10! The best!". 

seriously, he can never miss a chance to keep score. every politician by reflex should be saying “this isn’t about assigning a number, we can always do better, this is about real people and a horrible pandemic.”

trump, with no hesitation. 

awesome aya cash GIF by You're The Worst

42 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

someone just asked him about the stock market decline today and his response was we need to focus on the virus not the stock market. 

Wow

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

Broken clock, etc, etc.

Edited by Dnaguy