Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Skyline said:

I'm not sure where else to ask this so I'm just proceeding. As a young person, is this the best time to buy a home? I've been saving up enough for a down payment, but should I let the housing market situation play out a little more or should I be actively looking to purchase right now? 

Open question for all. Would love some advice from older folks here. 

Also expect lots of people in the short term to take their house off market to keep sick people out which will make it more of a seller’s market over the next month or two. 

43 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

isn’t the test just a mouth swab?

this fucker didn’t get tested, did he?

ImpeccableValuableChuckwalla-size_restri

At least that is what the doc made it sound like in the presser. Says person taking the test has to clean up before the next test because the person being swabbed sneezes/coughs all over the tester.

Edited by DanTheHorn

8 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

ImpeccableValuableChuckwalla-size_restri

At least that is what the doc made it sound like in the presser. Says person taking the test has to clean up before the next test because the person being swabbed sneezes/coughs all over the tester.

Why am I hard?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

is she aware there's no additional lulu discount for said employment? if not, i wouldn't say anything at this point.

it pays better than teaching 3 yoga classes a week, ergo she can buy more Lulu. I'm surprised she didn't just agree to take payment in Lulu gift cards. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

The thing is, I wouldn't blame any president for a stock market crash in the wake of a virus which requires commerce to mostly cease for several weeks. I blame this dumbass for thinking he needed to lie to avoid a crash, and it crashed anyway, and probably worse than if he had a competent response from the very beginning. 

This.  Nobody blames Sully for the birdstrike.  But what he fucking did AFTER that was the deciding factor in whether people lived or died.  They still fucking crashed, but it was a lot better than if Captain Shitshispants was flying it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  Nobody blames Sully for the birdstrike.  But what he fucking did AFTER that was the deciding factor in whether people lived or died.  They still fucking crashed, but it was a lot better than if Captain Shitshispants was flying it.

That's President Shitshispants to you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Captian Shitshispants was my nickname in elementary school

and middle school. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The thing is, I wouldn't blame any president for a stock market crash in the wake of a virus which requires commerce to mostly cease for several weeks. I blame this dumbass for thinking he needed to lie to avoid a crash, and it crashed anyway, and probably worse than if he had a competent response from the very beginning. 

With these types of things, it isn't even that hard for a President to do.  He just needs a little empathy and honesty.  The experts do the real heavy lifting.

"This is a very difficult time, but we are going to get through this together.  We have had some logistical problems, but we are working out the kinks.  As President, the buck stops with me, but this crisis is unprecedented, and I appreciate that Americans have been patient as we work through this.  We have the best doctors in the world working as hard as they can on this as well.  I know that we are asking a lot of you, but social distancing will help save the lives of many of your fellow Americans.  While its nothing compared to the anxiety and fear you are facing, my family is also being cautious.  Melania has quarantined herself in our Manhattan home while I am quarantined in the White House.  We never plan on being in the same room as each other again, and honestly, she has been quarantined for about 2 years already, but the rest of you will be able to get back to the business of your daily lives when this is over.  Most importantly, don't worry.  You'll survive and America will survive and come out stronger than ever."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Of course he does.

He gets to work out some new xenophobic dog whistles - he has his greatest hits for the blacks and the browns, he’s going to have to workshop with Stephen Miller for some for the yellows.

During the presser today he said something about original source as an afterthought. I wish the press would have asked him about it. You know he won't be able to keep it buried for long. 

59 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

What Newt is saying is the news media is telling truths he doesn’t want to hear. That doesn’t mean they are dishonest. It means they are inconvenient to his agenda. Thats not the same thing at all, and he should be ashamed of himself. 

It's really far worse than that.  Trumpco has been masterful at taking a politicocultural item with a tiny particle of truth, e.g. "the media is biased and sometimes less than honest," and blows it up into a grand, self-serving trope to cover all sorts of gaslighting and misrepresentations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

He totally blames China

I told you fuckers to get out ahead of this and call it the Trump Plague.  Diaper Don once again beat us to the punch.  Now he’s tied it to China and all his followers will forever have “Chinese Virus” rattling around in their cobwebbed melons instead of “Trump Plague.”  

The way to beat this guy is to infect those who still support him with little two-word prions that bore holes in the part of their brains that generates unwavering love for him.  “Trump Plague.”  “Trump Crash.”  “Trump Depression” (it’s coming).  Get those thoughts into the dopes’ heads and their enthusiasm for their fraud messiah will wane.  

Edited by BrickHorn

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

What Newt is saying is the news media is telling truths he doesn’t want to hear. That doesn’t mean they are dishonest. It means they are inconvenient to his agenda. Thats not the same thing at all, and he should be ashamed of himself. 

you're talking about the guy that divorced his wife on her death bed you know...

13 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Also expect lots of people in the short term to take their house off market to keep sick people out which will make it more of a seller’s market over the next month or two. 

Plus, in the next few months a bunch of old people are going to die and their houses will be on the market.

• Like 1