Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

yeah, his "China virus "is a total distraction ploy and not even worth rising to the bait. 

It’s proof positive that all those people who said trump is finally taking this seriously are wrong. If he took the pandemic seriously he wouldn’t be trying to bait people and divide us with racist messaging.

Instead he sounds serious (albeit incoherent) for a few minutes a day, interspersed with race baiting and rage tweeting.

But why aren’t we all kumbayaing?????? It’s apparently everyone else’s fault for not falling in line with him because of the seriousness of the situation, which he has yet to give it.
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

But why aren’t we all kumbayaing?????? It’s apparently everyone else’s fault for not falling in line with him because of the seriousness of the situation, which he has yet to give it.

This is important.  They give an inch by pretending to get off their asses and they want the rest of us to respond by embracing him and thanking him for doing the "right" thing.  Bullshit.  You don't get off the hook for a bank robbery because you say you're sorry.

• Like 3

Trump is a wartime president against the invisible enemy known as Chinese virus.

“Anyone not rooting for the president is unAmerican.“

“We all need to think positive. Criticism of the president helps no one and only hurts our efforts”

“We need to look to the future and not the past.“

“No one could have predicted that this would happen.”

-You just wait. This thing is going to get spun and spun and spun.
The question is if Americans are worth a damn anymore. Are we Forest Gump or have we gone full retard?
And this election is going to be that litmus test to see if we are beyond saving as a civilization / country / philosophy (liberal democracy). 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Trump is a wartime president against the invisible enemy known as Chinese virus.

“We all need to think positive. Criticism of the president helps no one and only hurts our efforts”

The question is if Americans are worth a damn anymore. Are we Forest Gump or have we gone full retard?
And this election is going to be that litmus test to see if we are beyond saving as a civilization / country / philosophy (liberal democracy). 

They've already worked up and deployed these talking points.

Local Republicans are pushing hard to make the "it's the chinese viruse, we MUST hold china responsible!" narrative the dominant conversation.

Fuck them.  Fuck 'em to hell.  The narrative here isn't about the geese that got sucked into our engine - it's about the pilot who's flying the plane, and whether he can get us down safely or will kill us all.  Ignore the Republican narrative.  They are flailing.  The time has come to leave them behind, like the worthless sacks of shit that they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is important.  They give an inch by pretending to get off their asses and they want the rest of us to respond by embracing him and thanking him for doing the "right" thing.  Bullshit.  You don't get off the hook for a bank robbery because you say you're sorry.

The Squad seems to be Bending over backwards on twitter to pat Dotard on the back. It’s baffling. 

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

wtf.

so china attacks trump.  biden attacks trump.  therefore, biden is siding with china?

actually this makes perfect sense when you're using trump-logic.  everyone who isn't supporting the president is on #teamvirus and #teamchina.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

wtf.

so china attacks trump.  biden attacks trump.  therefore, biden is siding with china?

actually this makes perfect sense when you're using trump-logic.  everyone who isn't supporting the president is on #teamvirus and #teamchina.

Exactly my thought.  Biden is attacking the misguided trade war on China?  And?  IT IS FUCKING MISGUIDED AND PATHETICALLY EXECUTED.  These people, fuck.

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What did she ask?

She basically teed up a question for him to go off on the dishonest fake news media and (implicitly) Biden.

Something along the lines of, "people use the term Chinese food to refer to food that comes from China.  Isn't it just the same thing to call this the Chinese virus"?

Trump then riffed for about 5 minutes.

Edited by DDD Dad

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Let them run with that. Ignore it. He should be asked over and over again "why is the United States ranking dead last in diagnostic testing, who was held responsible for that error that will result in far more deaths and is that person still making decisions moving forward?" Other than follow ups on strategies being rolled out, the president needs to asked that everytime he's available. Everytime! "Why are we behind Bahrain in testing?" Why do we not have testing? Why isn't America first on testing? Why were we so dreadfully short on tests and why have we struggled to obtain them?"

Over and over. 

Even make shit up to play Trump land:  why has Nigeria and Guatemala outperformed us acquiring testing kits and containing this virus. Should we expect or government to be less effective than Guatemala going forward? 

Edited by Chooky
  • Like 2

I couldn't get tested if I wanted to. Due to the shortage of tests, the only people in Ohio who can get tested are health care workers and patients who are already in the hospital. Fuck you, Mike Pence, you lying piece of shit. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-confirms-first-coronavirus-cases-continues-testing-2020-mar

The state is limiting testing to those who are hospitalized and to healthcare workers. The Ohio Health Department says people with suspected symptoms should call a medical provider first, but seek immediate help if symptoms are serious, such as difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I couldn't get tested if I wanted to. Due to the shortage of tests, the only people in Ohio who can get tested are health care workers and patients who are already in the hospital. Fuck you, Mike Pence, you lying piece of shit. 

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-confirms-first-coronavirus-cases-continues-testing-2020-mar

an underrated part of today's shitshow presser, was when trump talked about his own test.  "i wasn't symptomatic, i wasn't showing any symptoms, everyone was like, you shouldn't get tested, but you guys, the press, wouldn't leave me alone about getting tested, so i did, i got tested, and then afterwards, everyone around me, all of my doctors, they all said, why did you get tested, you're not symptomatic, you didn't need to get tested, but i did, because of the press." (paraphrased, but i bet close to accurate).

1. the president should get tested, even if it's someone we all hate

2. no doctor would ever question it

3. considering there's no vaccine and pretty much no treatment, the word from the start was that symptomatic (but not dire) cases shouldn't be prioritized for tests, they should be quarantined.  it's the people like trump - old and fat - and exposed to the virus several times, who should be tested to prevent more spreading.

the richest country in the history of countries, and here we are prioritizing tests for a deadly worldwide pandemic.  thanks, china.

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Just remember Bourbon and social distancing on the ledge.  

37 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Dear leader himself said we could all get tests.  Thou for art not sake dear leader.

The great news for Trump in all this is that when he loses in November, I foresee sparse popular support for lengthy investigations and public hearings about his administration's innumerable transgressions. There will so much to address that ironically, he'll be saved by the necessary triage allocating resources to more critical targets. Reminds me of how the angels protect drunk drivers while the collateral innocents perish.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

3 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The great news for Trump in all this is that when he loses in November, I foresee sparse popular support for lengthy investigations and public hearings about his administration's innumerable transgressions. There will so much to address that ironically, he'll be saved by the necessary triage allocating resources to more critical targets. Reminds me of how the angels protect drunk drivers while the collateral innocents perish.

It is up to us to hound our representatives to make sure this doesn't occur.

32 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I think win or lose, there will need to be a Congressional investigation about our response.  Politics aside, we will need to dissect what went wrong.  Of course it will be political, but it would need to happen regardless.

So the OAN "reporter" asks the President if 'Chinese Food' isn't racist because it's just the title of where the food comes from, then 'China Virus' is also okay for the same reason.  

I'll accept that line of thinking if the President would then get asked, "Well, if you knew it a virus from China based on your in-house nomenclature...why didn't you look to China to see what they were doing about slowing the virus earlier on?"  

You basically saw that the China Palace restaurant in your city was causing food-poisoning and instead of calling them to see what tests and practices were working best, you called the Italian restaurant down the street to shoot the breeze with for a few weeks while shit was getting real.  

If Trumpkins think there's a reason of brilliance behind all his little nicknames and slights, then what is the endgame of calling it "China Virus"?  I'll put the O/U of older Trump supporters that die simply because they think by avoiding Chinese convenience store salesman with Corona beer specials, that they'll be fine.  

Finally, if gatherings/bars are allowed to reboot after 6 weeks or so from now...Corona beer needs to throw thousands of free Cinco de Mayo parties around the U.S. to celebrate.  I mean, I won't be attending but it'd be a hot look. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

If you say, "Chinese virus" I immediately know that you are (a) ignorant, (b) an asshole, (c) all of the above.  

It's like wearing a maga hat or kkk robes.  

Thanks for letting me know I can completely disregard any opinion you may have now or ever on any topic.  

• Like 8