CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Did you know that there is no such testing readily available in NY state?

The tests are available through quest and labcorp and most major lab providers. Quest direct will let me book a test online at one of their NYC centers, but that does not necessary mean the test is available if there is some other sort of issue.  What leads you to believe that they are unavailable in NYS? 

16 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus fucknuts, stop complaining about being blocked.  Grow up.

Complaining? Numbnuts, I'm requesting to be put on ignore by that bipolar mess. I don't know why she doesn't ignore all these people she negs 24/7? She even said it made her Surly experience 1000 better.  She missed the hole that hate filled though so poor @Bravogot unignored it looks. It would make everyone's experience better if she stopped her antics with many us. Just put the whole lot of us on ignore. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Reminder about China - they are still pursuing COVID-zero. We gave that up a long time ago. The Olympics will be interesting given China’s stance on eliminating COVID. 

Yeah.....they are 100% committed to an unsustainable policy.  What's their exit plan?  Will be interesting to watch.  Also, glad I'm not someone who intends/hopes to travel to or do business in China.

20 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Some of y'all are probably excited about this

I'll happily administer the tests as long as I get to pick the participants!

Also, ok you all have had your fun bickering back and forth about who's on ignore and whose not, but jesus fuck it's time to act like you aren't 10 and move on.  

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The tests are available through quest and labcorp and most major lab providers. Quest direct will let me book a test online at one of their NYC centers, but that does not necessary mean the test is available if there is some other sort of issue.  What leads you to believe that they are unavailable in NYS? 

1.  They are not free and in fact, can be quite expensive. 

2.  They do not have the same detail that the ones for Texas Cares shows. 

3.  I know this because we made the decision to pay for them for anyone who wanted one back in June 2020.  

Also, they were not accurate.  Someone who had previously tested positive for COVID went in and had one in June 2020 (they tested positive in March 2020), and nothing registered.  So, problems all around really.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

Complaining? Numbnuts, I'm requesting to be put on ignore by that bipolar mess. I don't know why she doesn't ignore all these people she negs 24/7? She even said it made her Surly experience 1000 better.  She missed the hole that hate filled though so poor @Bravogot unignored it looks. It would make everyone's experience better if she stopped her antics with many us. Just put the whole lot of us on ignore. 

Are you ever going to stop being a whiny cunt?  You have repeatedly posted lies and misinformation, and you got called on it.  And now all you do is complain.  Do us all a favor and post less.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yes, places accept a card or a photo of it, that is easily faked. This is the problem.  There needs to be a better system PERIOD for both proof of vaccination AND proof of recovery, not the shitshow in place now.

I thought NY had a pretty good vaccine passport app? CA’s has a QR code you can scan to verify, and overall it’s worked pretty well - my booster was uploaded into the system in a few hours. My understanding is France has an even better app that allows for contact tracing. I have no idea why folks are in a position where they have to carry their CDC cards (well I do but you know what I mean). 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

1.  They are not free and in fact, can be quite expensive. 

2.  They do not have the same detail that the ones for Texas Cares shows. 

3.  I know this because we made the decision to pay for them for anyone who wanted one back in June 2020.  

Also, they were not accurate.  Someone who had previously tested positive for COVID went in and had one in June 2020 (they tested positive in March 2020), and nothing registered.  So, problems all around really.  

You said that they were not readily available.  These are all different issues. And you appear to be basing your conclusion on an assessment from 18 months ago? A few things have probably changed since then. 

These tests can be readily ordered through most lab facilities (some directly by an individual without going through their doc). Pricing ranges, but I can pull straight cash homey pricing at $40-60 dollars. The tests produce the same kind of detail that I got from the CPL lab here in Texas, qualitative and semi-quantitative results.

Here are the performance characteristics for the tests under current EUA: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/eua-authorized-serology-test-performance

Edited by Anastasis

Assuming we are past the omicron surge — and the CMO who sends me the super secret emails says we are (if you don’t believe me look at the NYT 7 day avg it suggests the same) — it’s time to open up fully. This surge had similar ICU utilization as the biggest previous surge with 3 x the average daily new cases. Everyone who wants the vax/booster can or has had it. The rest can get fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

She’s crazier than a shithouse rat.  Ignore her.  

I’ve never heard about rats being crazy, much less shit house rats. But given your expertise as a connoisseur of watching rats fuck I’ll take your word for it that they can be crazy. 

Not sure what any of that has to do with Penelope though. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Haha 5

Kids don’t need to hide their faces with masks nor do they need a vaccine from something that is less deadly to them than the flu. I mean unless it’s a 300 pound 13 year old, zero reason for them to even think about Covid.  What leftists have done to kids the last two years in the name of Covid is some shameful shit and makes me hate them more than I already did.  

• Fuck You 5

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Kids don’t need to hide their faces with masks nor do they need a vaccine from something that is less deadly to them than the flu. I mean unless it’s a 300 pound 13 year old, zero reason for them to even think about Covid.  What leftists have done to kids the last two years in the name of Covid is some shameful shit and makes me hate them more than I already did.  

Meanwhile Austin hospitals are filling up with kids with Covid. 

AUSTIN, Texas — Austin Public Health reports that COVID-19 infections among children are rising and that in the past two weeks, 91% of the children admitted to our pediatric hospitals were unvaccinated.  

APH said only 26% of children in Austin-Travis County have been fully vaccinated, compared to a vaccination rate of more than 70% in the general population of the city and county.

Edited by 4th&Five

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Please remember this sudden concern for the education of our nation's youth the next time you're voting on a measure to increase public school funding or make higher education a realistic goal for low income households.

But you now care about kids longer than you usually do (only up until birth), so we're making progress!

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, We’reTexas said:

I thought NY had a pretty good vaccine passport app? CA’s has a QR code you can scan to verify, and overall it’s worked pretty well - my booster was uploaded into the system in a few hours. My understanding is France has an even better app that allows for contact tracing. I have no idea why folks are in a position where they have to carry their CDC cards (well I do but you know what I mean). 

New York state absolutely does.  However, if you did not get vaccinated in New York state, nope.  NYC has an app, but you just load pics.  The New York State one is verified with the state database (so that you have to be in the database to be able to get the passport).  Of course, there were still people committing fraud (there was a nurse or something that was working with others to submit false info to the state database for a significant fee, and they got caught and charged with a felony), but it was much easier to catch people than just idiots buying fake cards on eBay.  

The whole US needs ONE database.  Everyone should have the same.  And all municipalities and states should have the same requirements.  This piecemeal bullshit is just that.

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m about to shoot a doe so we can have blackstrap tor dinner.  Y’all have fun tonight.  

E3C8386E-A50D-4660-96CF-63655A1C2106.jpeg

So when Johnny says that he "spends more time outdoors than 99% of the world" what he really means is anywhere that he can bring an off-road vehicle and/or gun* that is still within cell range for the occasional messages board post.

*NTTAWWT it's just a funny observation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Meanwhile Austin hospitals are filling up with kids with Covid. 

AUSTIN, Texas — Austin Public Health reports that COVID-19 infections among children are rising and that in the past two weeks, 91% of the children admitted to our pediatric hospitals were unvaccinated.  

APH said only 26% of children in Austin-Travis County have been fully vaccinated, compared to a vaccination rate of more than 70% in the general population of the city and county.

Admitted for Covid?

The kid fear mongering is so tired. Nobody that has half a brain or has had any kids that have had Covid is scared of them getting it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 7

5 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Admitted for Covid?

The kid fear mongering is so tired. Nobody that has half a brain or has had any kids that have had Covid is scared of them getting it. 

Kids getting Covid leads to teachers and staff getting Covid leads to schools closing, which we’ve seen a lot of the last 2 weeks. 

3 hours ago, Bravo said:

Do us a favor and block us you crazy harassing bitch. 

Says the guy who has been arguing with an actual Dr., posting complete bullshit for the last 12 hours.  You have been called on it multiple times and you KEEP DOING IT.  Since you are a newer member to these forums than I am, let me let you in a little secret.  You are blocked.  However, when you keep posting nonsense, I can go post by post and see what you have said.  When you continue to lie and post bad info, and troll, you will get negged.  And FYI, negging a post isn't trolling.  It is not shocking that you actually do not know what trolling is.  There is a whole laundry list of things of which you are ignorant.  Post less.

58 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

She’s crazier than a shithouse rat.  Ignore her.  

A fine human being, ladies and gentleman.  Someone who when a woman stands up to his bullshit calls her crazy, because God forbid the "weaker" sex disagree.  You are a hateful, spiteful human being.  I feel for the people who know you in real life and have to put up with you on a regular basis.  

3 hours ago, Passive Aggressive Coach said:

I have repeatedly asked that you stop posting vaccine and COVID misinformation.  You keep coming back and doing it.  You are on my ignore list, but I can still chose to read individual posts.  You have doubled down on stupidity, and then rather than just going away as you should have, you came back and made another used name.  I also find it funny that the "many of you" are the worst posters on this site by a long shot who have shown themselves to be nothing but trolls.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You said that they were not readily available.  These are all different issues. And you appear to be basing your conclusion on an assessment from 18 months ago? A few things have probably changed since then. 

These tests can be readily ordered through most lab facilities (some directly by an individual without going through their doc). Pricing ranges, but I can pull straight cash homey pricing at $40-60 dollars. The tests produce the same kind of detail that I got from the CPL lab here in Texas, qualitative and semi-quantitative results.

Here are the performance characteristics for the tests under current EUA: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/eua-authorized-serology-test-performance

Considering that I am trying to find one currently and cannot, not even through my doctor (I am at Cornell-Weil Presbyterian and also have a concierge clinic), not one that gives me the detail I need, that should tell you something.  And my info is more recent, as I just talked to my Dr. two weeks ago while setting up my physical.

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Considering that I am trying to find one currently and cannot, not even through my doctor (I am at Cornell-Weil Presbyterian and also have a concierge clinic), not one that gives me the detail I need, that should tell you something.  And my info is more recent, as I just talked to my Dr. two weeks ago while setting up my physical.

What detail do you need exactly that you can't find?  If you want semi-quant spike it is test #164090 at LabCorp: https://www.labcorp.com/tests/164090/sars-cov-2-semi-quantitative-total-antibody-spike

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And the closest labcorp to CWP is 3 blocks away. They have appts available at 11:15AM on Monday. 

Thanks Biden.  

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I haven't seen APH make this distinction.  If the data from other regions that do report it in that way are applicable here, probably 50/50.  

I figured. 

I can’t believe that 2 years in there’s still people and media outlets trying to alarm people about kids and Covid. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I will be speaking to my Dr.  

There may very well be something unique to access in New York, but down here getting an antibody test is extremely easy.  I can literally get one at the grocery store.  The biggest access barrier is the fact that the in-store Quest is on the other side of the store from the beer aisle.  

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’m about to shoot a doe so we can have blackstrap tor dinner.  Y’all have fun tonight.  

E3C8386E-A50D-4660-96CF-63655A1C2106.jpeg

Seems like a pretty easy shot.

Never got deer hunting. Always seemed to easy to me. 

At least with a turkey you had to chase the fucker around. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

I’ve never heard about rats being crazy, much less shit house rats. But given your expertise as a connoisseur of watching rats fuck I’ll take your word for it that they can be crazy. 

Not sure what any of that has to do with Penelope though. 

Johnny is the master when it comes to paying to watch rats fuck. Most here don’t have the means to watch, but he does.

Personally I’ll never get the attraction. But people do have some weird fetish’s. Who are we to judge?