Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

6 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

PPP transfer payments to businesses came at a cost of $258,000 per job.  That’s ridiculous.

Alright I read it. Not worth a point by point refutation, but this has to be either a serious misrepresentation of how the funds are allocated, or there was a huge amount of fraud. If it’s the second that’s on DOJ.

Only the first 100k of annual salary (prorated over the eligible time period) was eligible for calculation, so it wasn’t going to fat executive salaries. Lender fees were paid directly by the gov and 60% of eligible funds had to go towards payroll , and jobs had to be retained at the same level of compensation for loan forgiveness. I’m not an economist but I have a big problem with their methodology that came up with only 3M jobs saved by the PPP, and only an 8% reduction in small business closures. It is a disingenuous way to analyze the use of the funds and they are begging the question. The authors admit there is no true control group, but they don’t acknowledge that a control group would have most likely shown complete loss of jobs and permanent shuttering of the businesses in that group.

And again the premise that paying the money directly into UI would have been more efficient and efficacious is ridiculous. There would have been no jobs for them to go back to after the 2-6 months of benefits were paid out 

similar arguments were made when the auto industry and financial sector bailouts happened in 2007. They were expensive but necessary to prevent total collapse in those areas which would have had catastrophic consequences on us all. Of course investors and executives benefited disproportionately but it was better than the alternative 

I briefly worked as an employed physician at a hospital that was part of a nationwide chain. The payer mix was heavily Medicare. About 6 months in the hospital CEO called me in for a meeting and explained we were losing money on every Medicare spine fusion we did. I know what that procedure pays, I know how many hours in the OR it takes for me, what the implant cost is, and it’s a 2 day hospital stay 90% of the time. They should have been clearing 10-20K per Medicare case depending non levels comorbidities and other factors, which I told him. He then condescendingly explained to me how the accounting dept allocates overall hospital costs based on DRG, and higher DRGs were assigned a proportionately larger share of all the overhead. Meaning inpatient medicare spine would always show a loss on their books. 

I told him ok I’ll take all my medicare cases to hospital Y down the road

His reaction was

image.gif.98250bc795ab77d2144befbea17c76b8.gif

And I started planning my exit that day

TLDR lies, damn lies and statistics 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The three most pretentious labels are libertarian, progressive and perhaps the worst: economically conservative/socially liberal. Not all but many of the people with these labels can’t state their political beliefs in much depth.

examples

• I’m a progressive I support student loan debt elimination. Ask them what is stopping additional  student debt with the next generation of college students and the progressive is perplexed.  Eliminate that future debt too!  Many can’t think past step 1 of their idea.
  • im a libertarian and the govt should provide national defense. What about airports or air traffic control? Well I guess those are necessary. But that’s it’s defense and airports.  You could them itemize 50 necessary govt functions that the libertarian would agree is necessary.

and ultimately they support candidates that have zero chance of winning but they pat themselves on the back for fighting the good fight. That and a nickel will get you jack squat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

You’ve said this before and it never stops being stupid. I’ve already explained to you why but you don’t listen so fuck off. 

But what you’ve explained is bullshit, and easily refuted by a host of graphs and charts posted of the Biden thread as recently as yesterday. Sorry your “explanation” holds less weight, I’ll work on considering random internet poster political bent over folks that study and release the statistics next time.   Deciding you don’t feel like taking into account income taxes or lack thereof doesn’t mean shit to the discussion. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The three most pretentious labels are libertarian, progressive and perhaps the worst: economically conservative/socially liberal. Not all but many of the people with these labels can’t state their political beliefs in much depth.

examples

• I’m a progressive I support student loan debt elimination. Ask them what is stopping additional  student debt with the next generation of college students and the progressive is perplexed.  Eliminate that future debt too!  Many can’t think past step 1 of their idea.
  • im a libertarian and the govt should provide national defense. What about airports or air traffic control? Well I guess those are necessary. But that’s it’s defense and airports.  You could them itemize 50 necessary govt functions that the libertarian would agree is necessary.

and ultimately they support candidates that have zero chance of winning but they pat themselves on the back for fighting the good fight. That and a nickel will get you jack squat.

I have a good friend who owns her own real estate brokerage.  Last year she loudly announced that she was a libertarian.

I was like, "You can't be a libertarian -- you work in an industry that requires you to have a state license."  She said that did not prevent her from being a libertarian.  I was like...

dazed-and-confused-rory-cochrane.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

But what you’ve explained is bullshit, and easily refuted by a host of graphs and charts posted of the Biden thread as recently as yesterday. Sorry your “explanation” holds less weight, I’ll work on considering random internet poster political bent over folks that study and release the statistics next time.   Deciding you don’t feel like taking into account income taxes or lack thereof doesn’t mean shit to the discussion. 

Lots of words from a really stupid and arrogant guy. Grow the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Naw, fatty isn’t stupid, he’s just an enormous asshole who enjoys benefitting from living in a society while contributing the absolute minimum that he can to said society.

He’s approaching Sack level at this point and that ain’t easy to do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He’s worse than Sack. Sack pretends to be decent. Fatty just owns that he’s a horrible human being.

Lol. Being angry at me is easier than just applying yourself. Be better. 

59 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Lots of words from a really stupid and arrogant guy. Grow the fuck up. 

Yet another post of name calling, and nothing to contribute.  I’m completely surprised at this turn of events. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Being angry at me is easier than just applying yourself. Be better. 

Yet another post of name calling, and nothing to contribute.  I’m completely surprised at this turn of events. 

Being angry at you is easier than just applying myself? What are you even talking about. No one is angry. You’re just an admitted piece of shit

Naw, fatty isn’t stupid, he’s just an enormous asshole who enjoys benefitting from living in a society while contributing the absolute minimum that he can to said society.

Not so sure about that first part. He did repeat a talking point lie, but when challenged, cut an ran away, either because he knew it was a lie, or because he looked it up and didn’t like facts.

Republicans are all about running up the tab, than leaving before the check arrives, then cry about spending.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

10401DB3-1C3A-4CC6-BD8D-C4260EDA9E86.gif.401cbdc9724c1fef3cb95ae65a4ecfe2.gif

Yeah there’s nothing contradictory about libertarians and fire departments. Now, if it’s that phony, American, right wing conception of libertarianism, fine. But an old fashioned Euro-style libertarian? Fire departments (and all of those other wonderful public utilities/services) are not only embraced by them but they’re also required. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Alright I read it. Not worth a point by point refutation, but this has to be either a serious misrepresentation of how the funds are allocated, or there was a huge amount of fraud. If it’s the second that’s on DOJ.

Tired William Barr GIF by GIPHY News

You do know that PPP was designed by the trump admin to have zero oversight, right? It was a handout to shareholders and a perversion of public policy, exactly like virtually every other trump policy. 

Nevermind that the country was in the middle of the summer of love with police departments brutalizing protesters and black folks for funsies. It was a smash and grab from future taxpayers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Tired William Barr GIF by GIPHY News

You do know that PPP was designed by the trump admin to have zero oversight, right? It was a handout to shareholders and a perversion of public policy, exactly like virtually every other trump policy. 

Nevermind that the country was in the middle of the summer of love with police departments brutalizing protesters and black folks for funsies. It was a smash and grab from future taxpayers. 

What party controlled the House when the CARES act was passed? Who controlled the lege when the PPP extension act was passed? Who signed it?

Just now, Sawbonz said:

What party controlled the House when the CARES act was passed? Who controlled the lege when the PPP extension act was passed? Who signed it?

McConnell's Senate bill is what ultimately passed into law. The house passed several other bills that never even came to the senate floor for debate.

Trump signed it into law.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

McConnell's Senate bill is what ultimately passed into law. The house passed several other bills that never even came to the senate floor for debate.

Trump signed it into law.

So you’re saying the house didn’t vote on the bill?

7 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Ah yes, the house is at fault in this prisoners delimma, of course! They passed several bills. None of them were even debated in the senate. 

If the house hadn't passed it, you'd bitch about how they care about politics more than Americans.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Captainant said:

Ah yes, the house is at fault in this prisoners delimma, of course! They passed several bills. None of them were even debated in the senate. 

If they hadn't passed it, you'd bitch about how they care about politics more than Americans.

So you agree this was a bipartisan bill

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

13 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You are dumbass.

Like serious level of dumbassedry.

7 hours ago, tchookem said:
8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:
My party only does good things. You’re party only does bad things. 

I doubt anyone seriously thinks their party only does good things. My problem (the problem that drove me from the GOP) is that the GOP is proud of the bad things it does.

My party usually does good things when they can be bothered to get off their lazy asses and do anything at all. It seems to happen once every 15 years or so.

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The funniest part are the republicans talking about giving away free shit to win votes, but balk at taxing churches. Talk about free shit….

Those churches are tax free political advocacy organizations for the GOP! Of course they'd balk at impairing one of their competitive advantages

25 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Stupid constitution. 

Yeah, pesky fact that the thing never once mentions income tax or property tax.  The very issue some have with how churches/religions are treated by our governments local and federal.  

Shit, my bad.  You maybe suggesting that it was intended to evolve with the issues of the day?  Like a well armed militia of private citizens could eventually be intended to mean us all packing AR-15's out in the open in public?  'Cause I'm all for that.

I'm actually fine with the taxation of the "income" of personnel in how it's deductible.  If they're doing outreach and good works in the community, they should be treated like any other c3/c4.  I think we're in agreement there.  But I think their waiver on property taxes is bullshit.  A legit non-profit renting office space in a building in Austin still pays a NNN lease.  A huge chunk of that is property taxes baked into their payment.  But a church somehow gets a complete avoidance of property taxes?  That part is beyond a paradox.  I just can't wrap my head around that.