Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

34 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

We can't combat this level and spread propaganda. Filled with despair that this is so easily believed by so many people who are looking in their hearts for someone to hate 

100% chance this is brought up within the next month by my in-laws.  It's going to take every ounce of my strength not to just absolutely berate them.

Last time I talked to my mom she told me she had recently seen on fb that someone was walking around the hike and bike trail with a machete and I need to be careful if I venture downtown.  I pointed out that it's legal to walk around town with an AR15, which seems like a bigger problem and she argued that a machete in the wrong hands is much more dangerous.

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 3

35 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Last time I talked to my mom she told me she had recently seen on fb that someone was walking around the hike and bike trail with a machete and I need to be careful if I venture downtown.  I pointed out that it's legal to walk around town with an AR15, which seems like a bigger problem and she argued that a machete in the wrong hands is much more dangerous.

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

machete kills fanart GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wait a minute. I thought pretty much every school has a bag or two of kitty litter. When I puked up my lunch in the second grade hallway I'm pretty sure that was what they threw on top of the mess to keep people from slipping/walking through it until the custodial staff could clean it up. It's like in cold climates and keeping rock salt/ice melt in the garage. You keep it handy just in case.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

100% chance this is brought up within the next month by my in-laws.  It's going to take every ounce of my strength not to just absolutely berate them.

Put in a litter box next to shitter and let the games begin!

“Biff, I didnt know you own a cat.”

“We don’t own anything. They prefer to be called furries”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Wait a minute. I thought pretty much every school has a bag or two of kitty litter. When I puked up my lunch in the second grade hallway I'm pretty sure that was what they threw on top of the mess to keep people from slipping/walking through it until the custodial staff could clean it up. It's like in cold climates and keeping rock salt/ice melt in the garage. You keep it handy just in case.

And, according to the article, most schools that actually have kitty litter on site keep it for not only vomit but also for blood in case of a shooting.

So if anyone in your life spews this nonsense, throw that back in their face and watch their teeny brains catch fire.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't defend Rogan but even he spouting off a FW: FW:FW:FWD:FW story about high school furries is a new low.

So when did he switch from "bro I'm just asking questions" and being ignorant as fuck, to outright lying in support of the radical right agenda?  He clearly doesn't know anyone with this experience. So he's just an abject fucking liar who needs his bullshit "both sides" card yanked.

Edited by ChuckNorrisActionJeans
ragey grammar
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

So when did he switch from "bro I'm just asking questions" and being ignorant as fuck, to outright lying in support of the radical right agenda?  He clearly doesn't know anyone with this experience. So he's just an abject fucking liar who needs his bullshit "both sides" card yanked.

Yeah, stating that he knows a teacher who teaches in a school where this happened is pretty specific. People should ask him  for the name of the school. Shouldnt be that hard, hell just give us the teacher's name, and we can probably figure out the school. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yeah, stating that he knows a teacher who teaches in a school where this happened is pretty specific. People should ask him  for the name of the school. Shouldnt be that hard, hell just give us the teacher's name, and we can probably figure out the school. 

It's the kind of lie a kid in high school will tell.  A grown-ass man ought to know better.  Don't care, got 10's of millions, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's the kind of lie a kid in high school will tell.  A grown-ass man ought to know better.  Don't care, got 10's of millions, I guess.

Maybe he's not lying.  Maybe somebody he knows told him "my wife is a teacher and they have a litterbox for furries at her school", just wondering if Rogan was stupid enough to believe it and put it on his show.

• Hook 'Em 1

As a point of order, I will state that Rogan is not right wing. He is, however, profoundly moronic, and these days the two things tend to blend together. Recall that he endorsed Bernie in the last election, much to the detriment of the Sanders campaign. And no, it was not a ploy. Rogan is incapable of trickery because, well, he is highly regarded 

• Hook 'Em 1

the new 'Jesus as a disappearing hitchhiker' or 'gang members will kill you if you flash your headlights' urban legend...
on the whole, humans are pretty fucking stupid
One time, this cheerleader from the opposing school promised to blow the whole team if they won. They had to pump 3 gallons of sperm out her stomach.

It was Vidor. It's the Vidor Cheerleader story

17 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

As a point of order, I will state that Rogan is not right wing. He is, however, profoundly moronic, and these days the two things tend to blend together. Recall that he endorsed Bernie in the last election, much to the detriment of the Sanders campaign. And no, it was not a ploy. Rogan is incapable of trickery because, well, he is highly regarded 

and once bernie was out, he jumped right on the trump bandwagon, publicly.  possibly even before bernie was officially out of the race.

back when he was endorsing bernie, it was more about "being the outsider and bucking the system and blazing your own trail (like bernie has done)".  then he went right to trump which was probably where he belonged the whole time.  

this is all just remembering shit from 2 years ago from this board.  i've never listened to one minute of his podcast and try to limit the clips as well.

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And, according to the article, most schools that actually have kitty litter on site keep it for not only vomit but also for blood in case of a shooting.

interesting.  when i first saw mention of kitty litter + active shooter, i was thinking basically "what do we do if we're locked in this classroom for 9 hours with a bunch of little kids that have to pee and poop" and figured kitty litter was a potential solution.  oh well.

back to the subject at hand - this is all how it starts.  it always starts with something crazy.  if 1 is normal, 10 is batshit, and you're aiming to get something done near the 3-4 range, you start shouting about 10.  then when you walk it back, your ideas sound kinda reasonable. 

i don't know what they're building up to here, but it reminds me of the arguments against gay marriage.  when that stuff started, it was like, "oh, so now you're saying i can just marry my next door neighbor's ferret?"  because that's the same thing when you're a mouth-breathing fucking idiot.

essentially, they're trying to point out the ridiculousness of "a genetic 'boy' who identifies as a 'girl'" by comparing it to a human who identifies as a cat or a dog.  they're trying to normalize that comparison.  that should tell you everything you need to know. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

As a point of order, I will state that Rogan is not right wing. 

Whether he is genuinely right wing or not, his show consistently promotes right wing viewpoints while criticizing those of the left. Rogan may claim to be a liberal or a libertarian or whatever, but he’s either too stupid to understand that he’s actually a reactionary fuck or he’s lying to create an illusion of credibility to his anti-left bullshit.

The podcast Decoding the Gurus did a great episode demonstrating that Rogan is a consistent right wing hack. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Maybe he's not lying.  Maybe somebody he knows told him "my wife is a teacher and they have a litterbox for furries at her school", just wondering if Rogan was stupid enough to believe it and put it on his show.

I definitely think it's this. It was probably one of the right wing media people he knows. 

Rogan is right wing. They just started calling themselves libertarians so they wouldn’t be associated with right wing. Just being pro marijuana doesn’t mean you are liberal. But like all messaging from the right, it worked. And now you hear all of libertarians aligning with the right and “leaving” the Democratic Party just in time for midterms. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

One time, this cheerleader from the opposing school promised to blow the whole team if they won. They had to pump 3 gallons of sperm out her stomach.

Hide contents

I thought that was Rod Stewart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

I think we’re all missing the big story here. Applying the axiom that every rightwing accusation is a confession, there is apparently a weird new trend of conservatives dressing up like animals and shitting in litter boxes. 

So they've stopped shitting in each other's mouths?

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

Hide contents

And those three gallons of sperm turned into... Joe Rogan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Rogan is right wing. They just started calling themselves libertarians so they wouldn’t be associated with right wing. Just being pro marijuana doesn’t mean you are liberal. But like all messaging from the right, it worked. And now you hear all of libertarians aligning with the right and “leaving” the Democratic Party just in time for midterms. 

problem with talking to libertarians is that you're no more than 2 degrees of kevin bacon from someone advocating for eliminating statutory rape. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2