Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

giphy.gif

Is irony COMPLETELY fucking dead?

No, nobody around here is coming for books.....because the last I checked, none of the posters here are REPUBLICAN governors or school board members. You know, the people who actually are, in real-time, banning books, right here in the USA.  If you are truly a champion of "free speech" meaning speech and dissemination of ideas without government intrusion, then you very much should be up in arms.  But not about this thread.  Rather, you should be utterly pissed at the lockstep goosestepping from your own political party.

But you're not.  Because the irony thing.

It’s not even irony, dude. It’s just straight up dishonest by this point.

Back when all that secret police bullshit was happening in Portland, I made it a point for everybody to keep repeating “DONALD TRUMP IS A DOMESTIC TERRORIST.”

So new sentence:

”RIGHT WINGERS/REPUBLICANS ARE LIARS.”

Edited by hpslugga

49 minutes ago, Goredho said:

LOL @ accepting health information from this guy...

Part of the problem with this country is that there are so many people gullible enough to believe that just because they say on a reality tv show that there is donkey semen and donkey urine in those mugs that there is actually donkey semen and donkey urine in those mugs. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

It has everything to do with free speech. If JR was echoing your views, then you would have no problem with him. And like I said, I've never listened to JRE other than random clips, and mostly ones posted here. I prefer reading books. I'm sure all you little Adolphs will be after those next.

You actually did get me there, if Joe Rogan said things that are true and helpful as opposed to things that are fake and actively harmful, I would have no problem with him at all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

Lmao bro. You and your cloak room buddies are the ones who are bent out of shape. I don't listen to JRE or really give a shit about Joe Rogan other than I would like the guy to continue to have the right of FREE SPEECH that you left wing nutjobs want to take away from him. Nice try dumbass. 

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Part of the problem with this country is that there are so many people gullible enough to believe that just because they say on a reality tv show that there is donkey semen and donkey urine in those mugs that there is actually donkey semen and donkey urine in those mugs. 

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-people-left-disgusted-at-semen-scene-that-got-fear-factor-cancelled-20210809

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/fear-factor-warns-donkey-semen-drinking-contestants-not-talk-media-reports-article-1.1014860

https://www.grunge.com/172601/the-real-reason-fear-factor-was-canceled/

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Lol @ being threatened by him. If he's so dumb why do y'all care so much?

For the same reason that I hate scammers who prey on the elderly -- because I give a shit about other people, and society as a whole.

I'm not gullible.  I won't fall for a scam claiming to be an IRS agent about to have me arrested.  So why do I care that such scammers exist?  Because my fellow human beings are victimized by them.  When I got a call from a terrified old woman (widow of a former client -- she called me because I was the only lawyer she knows), who had an "IRS agent" on the other line threatening to have her arrested, my blood boiled.  Not because the scammer was hurting or terrorizing me...I was angry because he was terrorizing someone else.

This is our point, dude.  As a society, we should give a damn about conduct that harms people, INCLUDING conduct that only harms OTHER people.  Because we live in a society, a collection of human beings that is interconnected.  And, you know, if you have a moral compass, you should particularly care about such things.

But I absolutely get your point.  In 2022 America, "to hell with everyone but me" is our national creed.  You are living and preaching it to the fullest, so good on ya.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

For the same reason that I hate scammers who prey on the elderly -- because I give a shit about other people, and society as a whole.

I'm not gullible.  I won't fall for a scam claiming to be an IRS agent about to have me arrested.  So why do I care that such scammers exist?  Because my fellow human beings are victimized by them.  When I got a call from a terrified old woman (widow of a former client -- she called me because I was the only lawyer she knows), who had an "IRS agent" on the other line threatening to have her arrested, my blood boiled.  Not because the scammer was hurting or terrorizing me...I was angry because he was terrorizing someone else.

This is our point, dude.  As a society, we should give a damn about conduct that harms people, INCLUDING conduct that only harms OTHER people.  Because we live in a society, a collection of human beings that is interconnected.  And, you know, if you have a moral compass, you should particularly care about such things.

But I absolutely get your point.  In 2022 America, "to hell with everyone but me" is our national creed.  You are living and preaching it to the fullest, so good on ya.

Sure you do. 

Nothing in his conduct hurt anyone but you and your feelings. It's hilarious you guys are still dying on this hill. His doctor prescribed him medication that many others have been prescribed and guess what...he passed the virus quickly.

I'd argue he probably didn't even have to take the medication his doctor prescribed for it to be mild because it's mild for almost everyone. 

But hey please keep caring

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Sure you do. 

Nothing in his conduct hurt anyone but you and your feelings. It's hilarious you guys are still dying on this hill. His doctor prescribed him medication that many others have been prescribed and guess what...he passed the virus quickly.

I'd argue he probably didn't even have to take the medication his doctor prescribed for it to be mild because it's mild for almost everyone. 

Lmao bro. You and your cloak room buddies are the ones who are bent out of shape. I don't listen to JRE or really give a shit about Joe Rogan other than I would like the guy to continue to have the right of FREE SPEECH that you left wing nutjobs want to take away from him. Nice try dumbass. 

43 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

It has everything to do with free speech. If JR was echoing your views, then you would have no problem with him. And like I said, I've never listened to JRE other than random clips, and mostly ones posted here. I prefer reading books. I'm sure all you little Adolphs will be after those next.

gWlTXj.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Sure you do. 

I don't know. This virus seems to have caused your brain damage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Well, when you have govt officials like Psaki implying for big tech to censor him I think that crosses a line. We don't need govt officials pressuring big tech to censor anyone. They're in bed with them anyway as their lapdog so not even sure why they're saying it publicly. 

How do you feel about having the most watched cable news network actively coordinating with the White House in real-time during a violent insurrection?  You know, since you seem to be quite bothered by any intersection of the government and private businesses?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I don't know. This virus seems to have caused your brain damage. 

No, he's right.  For almost everyone, it's mild.  But for some, it's really fucking bad and kills them.  To the tune of nearly 1 million americans in 2 years, more than any other infectious disease than the Spanish flu.  But, I mean, his math checks out.  In fact, it would check out if we had a viral illness that only killed 10% of people, and the other 90% had mild cases.   "Nearly everyone" would have a mild case.  And we'd have 35 million dead Americans, but what's important is that "nearly everyone" will be fine.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You’re not saying you think those confirm that there was actually donkey semen and donkey urine in those mugs, are you?

Yep.  There is evidence that it was real and just your assertion that it wasn’t.  If you want to be paid attention to, refute the incident with sources and evidence.  I’ll be happy to change my opinion from Rogan will do anything for ratings to Rogan will pretend to do anything for ratings.

The relevance of Joe Rogan getting people to drink donkey piss and jizz on Fear Factor to the current controversy is this:

Broprah will do literally anything for a ratings point.

That’s cool.  Lots of other people will, too, and not all of them are mainstream science and medical skeptics.  But just know what you are consuming.

It’s could literally be piss.

32 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Well, when you have govt officials like Psaki implying for big tech to censor him I think that crosses a line. We don't need govt officials pressuring big tech to censor anyone. They're in bed with them anyway as their lapdog so not even sure why they're saying it publicly. 

You're absolutely right: she shouldn't have said that, and she shouldn't be commenting on a podcaster period. But do you honestly believe that any of Spotify's actions have been driven by fear of government sanctions because Jen Psaki said "do more" in a press conference? C'mon, man.

It's interesting how when the sitting president was calling the media the "enemy of the people" the redhat gang cheered it on, and when a press secretary says that a company is being irresponsible with what they choose to sponsor it's the end of free speech.

Buncha useful idiots.

Also @TurkeyChew are you really @Chrispy reincarnated?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I really can't tell if you're this stupid, a piece of shit or some "perfect" combination of both.  

Mtv Nyc GIF by Paramount+

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's interesting how when the sitting president was calling the media the "enemy of the people" the redhat gang cheered it on, and when a press secretary says that a company is being irresponsible with what they choose to sponsor it's the end of free speech.

Buncha useful idiots.

I plead the 5th.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, he's right.  For almost everyone, it's mild.  But for some, it's really fucking bad and kills them.  To the tune of nearly 1 million americans in 2 years, more than any other infectious disease than the Spanish flu.  But, I mean, his math checks out.  In fact, it would check out if we had a viral illness that only killed 10% of people, and the other 90% had mild cases.   "Nearly everyone" would have a mild case.  And we'd have 35 million dead Americans, but what's important is that "nearly everyone" will be fine.

But we don't have 35M dead. We have a virus with a 99.9% survivability rate. And we have plenty of people who's doctors have prescribed them Ivermectin and other drugs during the course of treatment. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

Speech that can cause harm is not protected, hence you can't yell fire in a crowded theater.  Hate speech is not protected, either.  Joe spreads misinformation about a deadly plague and throws the N word around, so If the powers that be wanted to take JRE off the air, they'd be justified in doing so.

But no one has actually suggested this.

But you just keep on defaulting to "but our freedoms!" like Tucker taught you, you brainless mark.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Buncha useful idiots.

Narrator: Yes, he is.

11 minutes ago, maninblack said:

But we don't have 35M dead. We have a virus with a 99.9% survivability rate. And we have plenty of people who's doctors have prescribed them Ivermectin and other drugs during the course of treatment. 

Correct.  We have nearly 1 million dead.  We have 140 thousand children who have lost a primary caregiver due to COVID.  We have a real track record of therapeutics helping to keep those losses AT THAT LEVEL (several therapeutics have passed muster in genuine studies...ivermectin is not one of them, but you do you).  As in, the losses would be WORSE without them.  Even WITH the therapeutics, nearly 1 million dead and 140 thousand kids lost a primary caregiver (as just two metrics of this being a serious fucking public health problem).  And yes, we had hospitals and health care professionals crashing out.

I gotta say, I admire you sticking with the "it's no big deal" narrative for this long.  It's impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

You actually did get me there, if Joe Rogan said things that are true and helpful as opposed to things that are fake and actively harmful, I would have no problem with him at all. 

It's funny how often these guys accuse us of feeling this way like it's some horrible thing. They just really don't have much going on upstairs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yep.  There is evidence that it was real and just your assertion that it wasn’t.  If you want to be paid attention to, refute the incident with sources and evidence.  I’ll be happy to change my opinion from Rogan will do anything for ratings to Rogan will pretend to do anything for ratings.

You didn’t provide evidence that it was real. You posted links to some tabloids.

Here’s how I would know it was real. And let’s not bother with the disturbing subject of how they harvested the so-called donkey semen, what would be involved in capturing a mug full of that. If you want me to believe someone drank donkey urine, show me one long unedited shot of a donkey pissing into a bucket and then a person taking a sample and drinking it. I’d also like to see an interview with an executive from the insurance company who sold the producers of the show their policy saying they approved the “stunt.” (The fact that they referred to it as a stunt in the video should be a dead giveaway.)

Go back to the editing room, remove the shot of the donkey, splice in a shot of a buffalo, and *poof*, they’re drinking buffalo semen and buffalo urine. They’re not aspiring circus geeks. They’re aspiring actors. They signed non-disclosure agreements to not give up the lie just like anyone whoever worked for (or fucked) Donald Trump. Those tabloids aren’t evidence of anything.

The burden of proof isn’t on me. Just because they show you a mug full of, say, a mixture of buttermilk and yogurt, and call it donkey semen, right after they showed you a shot of a donkey, doesn’t make it donkey semen. They’re lying to you. Just like David Copperfield never actually made the Statue of Liberty disappear. It’s not reality. It’s a television show. It’s a fake.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  We have nearly 1 million dead.  We have 140 thousand children who have lost a primary caregiver due to COVID.  We have a real track record of therapeutics helping to keep those losses AT THAT LEVEL (several therapeutics have passed muster in genuine studies...ivermectin is not one of them, but you do you).  As in, the losses would be WORSE without them.  Even WITH the therapeutics, nearly 1 million dead and 140 thousand kids lost a primary caregiver (as just two metrics of this being a serious fucking public health problem).  And yes, we had hospitals and health care professionals crashing out.

I gotta say, I admire you sticking with the "it's no big deal" narrative for this long.  It's impressive.

Out of the dead would you care to characterize those deaths?

Also why is the Biden admin asking hospitals to now report Covid data differently than the past two years?

49 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Speech that can cause harm is not protected, hence you can't yell fire in a crowded theater.  Hate speech is not protected, either.  Joe spreads misinformation about a deadly plague and throws the N word around, so If the powers that be wanted to take JRE off the air, they'd be justified in doing so.

But no one has actually suggested this.

But you just keep on defaulting to "but our freedoms!" like Tucker taught you, you brainless mark.

cc: @badlegaltakes

6 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You didn’t provide evidence that it was real. You posted links to some tabloids.

Here’s how I would know it was real. And let’s not bother with the disturbing subject of how they harvested the so-called donkey semen, what would be involved in capturing a mug full of that. If you want me to believe someone drank donkey urine, show me one long unedited shot of a donkey pissing into a bucket and then a person taking a sample and drinking it. I’d also like to see an interview with an executive from the insurance company who sold the producers of the show their policy saying they approved the “stunt.” (The fact that they referred to it as a stunt in the video should be a dead giveaway.)

Go back to the editing room, remove the shot of the donkey, splice in a shot of a buffalo, and *poof*, they’re drinking buffalo semen and buffalo urine. They’re not aspiring circus geeks. They’re aspiring actors. They signed non-disclosure agreements to not give up the lie just like anyone whoever worked for (or fucked) Donald Trump. Those tabloids aren’t evidence of anything.

The burden of proof isn’t on me. Just because they show you a mug full of, say, a mixture of buttermilk and yogurt, and call it donkey semen, right after they showed you a shot of a donkey, doesn’t make it donkey semen. They’re lying to you. Just like David Copperfield never actually made the Statue of Liberty disappear. It’s not reality. It’s a television show. It’s a fake.

I'll totally agree that reality TV shows often don't deal in reality, but if you want to debunk what one depicts, the burden of proof actually *is* on you.  You state something that could have happened (the old switcheroo) and provide no evidence that it did.  You are basing your belief that the switcheroo happened solely on your distrust of reality TV shows, and that is just your own confirmation bias at work.  Further, David Copperfield actually cannot make the statue of liberty disappear.  It's contrary to the laws of physics.  But two fame hungry thots absolutely could chug a gallon of donkey juice each.

Finally, the point isn't that those videos are real.  Let's take your assertion at face value and say that the donkey juice episode was 100% made up bullshit for TV.  So Joe Rogan projected a fiction where contestants pretended to drink donkey piss and jizz.  He did it to entertain people, attract viewers, get higher ratings and make more money.

Is a person like that -- who has no problem dealing in fiction presented as reality in order to build their empire -- a reliable source of medical information that could have life and death consequences?  For me, no.

But your donkey juice mileage may vary, lol.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

You're absolutely right: she shouldn't have said that,

How many times are we going to say it’s not one thing, but when someone points out it is that thing, we rebut with “yeah they shouldn’t do that, but…”.    

Yeah Jen shouldn’t be using the weight of the Oval Office to put pressure on private businesses, but you see here’s why it’s not a big deal this time. Stacy A has no problem shutting down businesses for a virus she obviously takes so seriously she can’t be bothered to put on a mask, but this is why it’s different this time…  Joe B thinks it’s ok to drop the hard R, but this is why it’s different than Joe R’s jokes.   We’ve left irony a long time ago for full blown hypocrisy, but I know, the last guy. 

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Unlike you, I don't need to characterize one million Americans dead to make my position not seem insane. 

Not to mention the folks suffering from long covid.  And then things like this.

I don't think I care about Rogan either way all that much.  But this thread full of his defenders showing off their love of harmful stupid is really something.