2020 Texas HS football

LTtxfan

Reasons Westlake could win:

Defense holds SLC to 20-27 points

Offense lights up SLC defense 

Reasons SLC could win:

Teams are essentially playing against themselves, so Westlake offense won’t surprise SLC
(The two Dodges have been sharing all their secrets for several seasons and Riley knows how Todd thinks)

Ewers goes wild

I hate this game. SLC could pull the upset. Strangely, I liked our chances better last week against North Shore. Teams like NS think that because they are superior to Westlake athletically, that they will just win w their speed and size advantage. SLC won’t have that misconception. They will try to out-think Westlake and they have the brains to do it. I’ll be at the game so I’ll share some pics tomorrow. I have my usual bad feeling about the game, lol. 

Thanks, everyone, for your amazing insights, especially @Beau Vine and @Helobious. I learn more on this thread than all the other ones put together.

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

You are on the wrong channel.

On my cable the rerun is on a fox sports alternate channel.

Thanks.  But on mine the rerun is on the main Fox Sports SW, which is 54 for Spectrum-Austin.  Same channel the 5A games were on last night. Same channel that will be showing the Westlake-SLC game tonight.

But I finally found the live game on an alternate FSSW plus channel down at 319.  Strange.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Thanks.  But on mine the rerun is on the main Fox Sports SW, which is 54 for Spectrum-Austin.  Same channel the 5A games were on last night. Same channel that will be showing the Westlake-SLC game tonight.

But I finally found the live game on an alternate FSSW plus channel down at 319.  Strange.

Guess they don’t care about Dallas vs Houston in Austin, lol.

Either way, glad you found it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Continuing theme. Team with the best OL wins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is football at all levels except maybe the NFL and even there the OL can’t be mediocre.

Average QBs and WRs with time and RBs with holes will almost always outperform the team with a special position player or two who has no time or space.

See Texas football sucking for the last decade...
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

so how does katy compare to southlake and westlake?

I thought the D2 bracket was pretty weak this year.

I know the transitive property doesn’t always work, but Katy lost to Katy Tompkins. And Tompkins got blown out by North Shore in the playoffs. 

And of course North Shore lost last week to Westlake.