2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 hours ago, thepop said:

I know this has already been discussed to an extent but I just can't believe these numbers

It really doesn’t matter if they are just canabalizing Election Day ballots. I don’t think that’s the case and I think we will see big numbers of total voters, but it’s certainly not a slam dunk to be the case. A vote cast with trepidation at 7:59 on Election Day counts the same as one slammed down on day 1 of EV, but I’d think- especially the yutes- you want to bank those votes early because they’d be less reliable to vote on Election Day than someone like FondrenRoad. 

I think there's definitely a little bit of reason for concern. There's an easy button to the whole thing which is AZ+FL. Both of those should be called on election night and that gets Biden past the post without much fanfare or drama. I'm becoming pretty confident in the Rust Belt, but I'm really hoping for Florida (I think AZ is already over with). I'm not going to start giving too much thought to the possible shenanigans unless Trump wins Florida and the Rust Belt is either Trump or too close to call on election night with mail-ins still uncounted.
So once again Florida is important. That always turns out well so I feel good.
200.gif

Florida is the election night key (assuming no Texas shocker). Biden wins, it’s over, because his chances of getting to 270 that night with one of AZ, GA,or NC along with it skyrocket, almost to the point where there’s just no fucking world where he gets FL but can’t get to 270 even without one of the rust belt three that we’ll be waiting on (and are liable to be stolen by SCOTUS if close). Biden is right to be hammering Florida.
  • Hook 'Em 1

That takes the same chance Hillary took; assume you win the Midwest and go for the blowout.  Fuck that.

He has to go for the win in the sunbelt, in particular Florida. SCOTUS has given us multiple signals they’re willing to simply toss votes. Trump will be given the election if it comes down to the three slower counting rust belt states.

17 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The problem with punching Cruz is that he would kiss your ass after.  

That’s pretty funny. I voted for Cruz three times in my life (maybe 4?) before he kissed Trumps ass and became dead to me. All that being said- prior to his trumpkin turn I still had him top 3-5 punchable faces ever. It transcends party and ideology and favorability. He has an extremely punchable face. 

15 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Because every election we deal with this shit.  Steve and Karen from Ohio.  It's how we end up with throwing ourselves at the coal industry and other shitty industries.  GA, TX, and AZ, are now part of the electoral map.  This will be the last election where that happens and it's only happening now because of Biden and Trump's geographic bias.

The media is even worse about this.  They're basically camped out in PA right now and meanwhile, Biden is flipping GA, AZ, and maybe TX.

The closer you are to nyc the more important you are in the eyes of the media. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Counterpoint: Trump is a fascist authoritarian with an entire criminal political organization supporting him, and a stacked Supreme Court that has a debt to repay to him.

Thinking that this election is going to be determined solely by how many people vote for each candidate in each state is magical thinking.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

But don’t you see, states want to announce a winner on the night of the election. Even though they literally never do that.

The news media helped this misconception with the Gore-Bush fiasco. Anchors everywhere kept claiming that the American people were agonizing every day about the time it was taking. We must have a result for the suffering common man and woman!

I knew literally no person who cared more about speed than accuracy. Another thing I despise about the TV news is when they claim to speak for the American people. I think the outlets were angonizing over the delay because it was actual news which they're just not very good at handling especially when they're following a predictable template. 

The meat puppets on TV were sure that what we needed was what they wanted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I understand the sentiment, but El Paso is undergoing a medical emergency with COVID right now and it could be a tricky needle with respect to his message. 

Maybe visiting the nearby area but not specifically a community that is stressed with hospital capacity?

I think it is a little different if only because Joe isn't holding rallies and he isn't even doing the typical meet & greet public events - he's essentially doing drive-in events and holding press conferences in the cities he visits.

I think it would send a pretty powerful message for him to visit El Paso and surrounding areas and talk about his plan to help these communities deal with COVID and articulate just how little Trump is doing to help us deal with the pandemic.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

But don’t you see, states want to announce a winner on the night of the election. Even though they literally never do that.

Right,  the news-ish groups "call" winners based on exit polls and the running count vs the outstanding vote by county or precinct.  The Secretary of State for each state rarely certifies an election on the day of.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Why?  In the only scenario in which the election is close, midwestern downscale whites will be the ones who decide the winnner.

Because he finds it embarrassing to speak to downscale whites. Plenty on here do. There’s a sneering classism prevalent on this site. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

I hope so.

You can hope so. I say but for the grace of God go I. I come from a long line of lower middle class people and watched my parents break out of that after I was in my teenage years. Being a “downscale white” isn’t necessarily a moral failing. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Left Coast said:

Fun California poll in:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-10-27/biden-headed-for-historic-margin-in-california-poll-shows

Biden headed for historic margin in California, poll shows

Biden up 65%-29% overall, including up 61%-34% among white voters.

When we pack the Supreme Court we need to pass a new law that says if you win a state by more than 30% then the electoral votes are doubled. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

One minute prior to this:

Mr. President, we've got to be discrete about this, but if we can keep the nig- African Americans from the polls in Philadelphia, me might hold Pennsylvania. But we've got to be quiet about it, sir.

One minute after:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

Here is a good article on what happens after the polls close.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/22/election-night-marks-the-end-of-one-phase-of-campaign-2020-and-the-start-of-another/

This is an interesting part where Governors can submit conflicting results that Congress must accept.

Each state is supposed to submit one set of electoral votes to Congress, and that’s what usually happens. Following the disputed Hayes-Tilden election of 1876, in which three states submitted two conflicting sets of returns, Congress passed the Electoral Count Act to try to set rules in case such a thing ever happened again. Under that law, if two conflicting sets are submitted – say, one by a Republican-run legislature and one by a Democratic governor – and the House and Senate cannot agree on which set is the legitimate one, then the electoral votes certified by the state’s governor are supposed to prevail. (Even stranger things are possible: In 1960, Hawaii’s governor first certified Vice President Richard Nixon’s electors, but after a recount certified Sen. John F. Kennedy’s electors. Both slates of electors met and voted for their pledged candidate; when the time came for Congress to decide which slate was the legitimate one, Nixon voluntarily deferred to Kennedy.)

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You can hope so. I say but for the grace of God go I. I come from a long line of lower middle class people and watched my parents break out of that after I was in my teenage years. Being a “downscale white” isn’t necessarily a moral failing. 

I come from the same people. I fully support making fun of people who should know better at every class level.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texastough said:

Nah, we just make fun of stupid people, low or high class. 

Nah. There’s plenty of talk specifically about “the poors” on here that’s class driven. Which is fine- it is what it is and the way it’s always been. Most pols care about the poor to the extent that they can take advantage of them. 

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: Trump is a fascist authoritarian with an entire criminal political organization supporting him, and a stacked Supreme Court that has a debt to repay to him.

Thinking that this election is going to be determined solely by how many people vote for each candidate in each state is magical thinking.

Seriously, what the fuck can dotard do to a Supreme Court justice?  They will go his way because they are traitorous shitbags, not because they owe dotard anything. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Nah. There’s plenty of talk specifically about “the poors” on here that’s class driven. Which is fine- it is what it is and the way it’s always been. Most pols care about the poor to the extent that they can take advantage of them. 

That's just the erroneous American way of looking at class. America is essentially 99.999999999% middle class. The rest are the worthwhile people.

Fwiw, I come from a long line of construction workers. My Aunt and mother were the first generation in their family to graduate high school.

Just now, G650 said:

That's just the erroneous American way of looking at class. America is essentially 99.999999999% middle class. The rest are the worthwhile people.

Fwiw, I come from a long line of construction workers. My Aunt and mother were the first generation in their family to graduate high school.

I don’t understand what you are saying with the last sentence in your first paragraph. 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don't sense anybody sneering when they make references like that. Its either policy talk to benefit the underprivileged, or references to the dumbasses that support trump. 

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I agree and that's a good reason to make community college free to those that want it. Obviously it won't fix everything and will take a generation or two to show it's true efficiency, but I think it would make a difference in the lives of millions. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

FDR used to talk to them. He won their hearts and minds and won landslide after landslide and won congress for 2 generations. 

He won them with more than talks, though the (relatively few) fireside chats did help. FDR gave their sons jobs.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok. Basically contention is 99% of Americans are “middle class” and they all suck?  Just wasn’t sure if I was reading correctly. User name to post content strong to very strong. 

Yeah but

i'm actually on the side of the working man when we are talking about Americans. We have no upper class.

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Seriously, what the fuck can dotard do to a Supreme Court justice?  They will go his way because they are traitorous shitbags, not because they owe dotard anything. 

You don't think they have compromising dirt on Kav and ACB?  Do you not know how the mafia operates?  "Take my  orders, or I reveal this shit."  Again, stop thinking of the Trump regime as a government, and start thinking of them as a criminal enterprise, and everything starts to make sense.