Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Interesting there's nothing on this thread about the president's attacks on the Fed. (edit: until The post right above mine, posted at the same time)
In my world, this is the biggest story. It seems like in my industry nobody thought the leopards would eat OUR face. 

Another interesting note is Russia dumped 80% of their US debt over the last two months, apparently $80 billion worth.  Wanna see shit really hit the fan, wait until China starts dumping treasuries and don’t show up for the next auction.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tuco said:

He will also blame the deficits on it (higher interest payments) to cover for increased spending and decreased revenue.

Follow-up...

From a CNBC article in March:

Let's engage in some grammar school math. Take the CBO estimate of debt held by the public of $16.5 trillion in 2020. A 5 percent average interest rate on that amount comes to annual debt service of $825 billion, an unfathomable amount. (In 2017, interest on the debt held by the public was $458.5 billion, itself a scary number.)

Here's the danger:

According to the CBO, individual income taxes produced $1.6 trillion in revenue in fiscal 2017.

• Under this 2020 scenario, one-half of all personal income taxes will go to servicing the national debt.
  • Annual debt service in 2020 will exceed our newly increased defense budget of $700 billion in FY 2018.
  • Annual debt service would equal our Social Security obligations.

Note: We are using FY 2017 budget numbers for comparison. It is likely that all the numbers will be higher in 2020 but the proportions will likely be similar or worse.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Trump accuse the Fed and Janet Yellen of keeping rates low to aid Obama Marx? Yet now, he wants the Fed to keep rates low to aid him. We're about to see a tweet, interview or speech where he'll say the Fed "isn't being fair to me". Because again all that matters is if he feels someone or something is being fair to him. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Topics I would most like to see Donald Trump debate an expert on:

1.  science (any kind)

2.  economics

3.  history

4.  oh hell, anything

I would legit pay cash money to watch Trump do what Obama did and stand up in front of Congressional Democrats for 80 minutes on live TV and answer questions on policy.

1999 Aggie Student body president, CIA Agent and Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd:Trump Is Being Manipulated by Putin.

Texags: Trump's not the one being manipulated by Putin, it's Hurd.

jjeffers1
L
AG

People like Will Hurd are the ones that have been manipulated. The Russians meddled to stir up distrust in our government and fan the flames of partisanship. They want us fighting amongst ourselves, no matter who the President is. 

The Russians just put out the jug-lines. The media, liberals, and fake Republicans are the ones that took the bait.

Owlagdad said:
Ya know, Will-- there are times you need to keep your damned mouth shut.
Like McCain, Hurd is on a side. It isn't our side.

So is OP Will Hurd ****posting on TexAgs carrying water for himself?

Where's your AgTag will?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1.  science (any kind)

2.  economics

3.  history

4.  oh hell, anything

I agree with you.

Obama would have and came across very knowledgeable. Trump?, no way. He doesn’t read or study and truthfully neither does his followers. They just believe whatever Fox News tells them. 

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1.  science (any kind)

2.  economics

3.  history

4.  oh hell, anything

I'd like to see him play Jeopardy by himself where the only topics deal with verified facts about his own life. He'd be ineligible for Final Jeopardy with a negative score in the thousands.

Trebek: The answer is: The woman he would most like to fuck in the White House.

Trump: Who is Melania?

Ent-Ent!

Trebek: Sorry, no.

Trump: Oh shit, I meant Ivanka! No I didn't. I didn't say that. You're the puppet!

Trebek: Ivanka would have been the correct answer.

Trump: You're fired.

Trebek: I'm sorry, wrong show. Pick a category.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

1999 Aggie Student body president, CIA Agent and Texas Republican Congressman Will Hurd:Trump Is Being Manipulated by Putin.

Texags: Trump's not the one being manipulated by Putin, it's Hurd.

That's a beautiful case study into Trumpkinism.  Any news item that runs remotely counter to Trump is immediately slandered, regardless of whatever hypocrisy it reveals.

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Aren't there like 20 of these from different events already?

Rich older guy fucks a hot young broad...

1920s: "What a ladies man!"

1930s: "What a ladies man!"

1940s: "What a ladies man!"

1950s: "What a ladies man!"

1960s: "What a ladies man!"

1970s: "What a ladies man!"

1980s:" What a ladies man!"

1990s: "Hmm, a ladies man, I guess."

2000s: "Seems kind of gross.

2010s: "Sex pest if not full-on rapist."

You can see why the olds are completely incapable of adjusting to the modern political environment and simply do not give a shit about all 15,000 of the stories about Trump being a sex pest.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I would legit pay cash money to watch Trump do what Obama did and stand up in front of Congressional Democrats for 80 minutes on live TV and answer questions on policy.

This is one thing the limeys got right.  When you watch the PM have to stand up and getting freaking roasted by the House of Commons, it is absolutely awesome.

I admit I never knew about this until I was working overseas and a Brit in our compound would always put this on every Wednesday(?) afternoon.  Five minutes into the first session and I was hooked.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/news/parliament-government-and-politics/parliament/prime-ministers-questions/

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

You can see why the olds are completely incapable of adjusting to the modern political environment and simply do not give a shit about all 15,000 of the stories about Trump being a sex pest.

nah i don't buy that. they'd have their pitchforks on the south lawn if it was obama. 

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know, it put a torpedo in Gary Hart almost immediately, among others.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There's a key difference between Obama and Trump when it comes to popular acceptance for their sexual adventures... I'll give you 3 guesses.

Tan Suit?  Spicy Mustard?  I still have one left, right?

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't know, it put a torpedo in Gary Hart almost immediately, among others.

If Hart had owned it and ridden it out, he would've been fine. His problem was not owning it and trying to fake a different image.

"Look, I like women and women like me. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not ashamed of it, either," is a message people can respect. It's a huge part of why people like Trump. Confidence is most of the ballgame.

Edited by bad_teammate