Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Shocking I know, but I agree with sawbonz. I don't want to be there, I don't want to be lobbing cruise missiles into the region, shit I dont want to have anything to do wiht the region at all.  But you use chemical weapons against your people, and well fuck it, you got it coming to you. Neutralize the capability. I hope Mattis has free reign to do it, dont pull punches, and get the fuck away from it ASAP. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Fuck trump. He’s a moron. This is the morally correct response to a horrible situation. 

i tend to agree, especially from a multilateral standpoint. i do not have to like trump, as a matter of fact, i loathe that he is our president. however, there is a certain line i feel, when it comes to gassing women and children, that MUST be answered.

about the only criticism i can muster is that it took so long, but coordinating with the UK and france, as well as getting assets in place could take some time.

it's a strike also against russia and russian interests, which is a first for this administration, outside of twitter threats. which were stupid as fuck.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Good point. America really is a rudderless ship right now.

it is from a presidential standpoint, but we have the joint chiefs who actually do understand both tactics and strategy, even if our president only understands the former.

• Like 1

^^that and telegraphing it was going to happen and especially not offering safe harbor to the poor innocent civilians are reasons to pillory Trump. But we cannot allow chemical weapons attacks to go unanswered 

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i tend to agree, especially from a multilateral standpoint. i do not have to like trump, as a matter of fact, i loathe that he is our president. however, there is a certain line i feel, when it comes to gassing women and children, that MUST be answered.

about the only criticism i can muster is that it took so long, but coordinating with the UK and france, as well as getting assets in place could take some time.

it's a strike also against russia and russian interests, which is a first for this administration, outside of twitter threats. which were stupid as fuck.

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Enough time to allow Assad to move all his good shit to Russian bases.

Putin's probably calling all the shots here anyway. Trump pops off and threatens to leave. Generals say we can't right now. Syrians are gassed on someone's orders. No doubt Putin had some say. Putin knows that we'll bomb Syria. Syrian people suffer.

Edited by retread

Hey, it would be great if we were serious about Syria; had the best interests of the population in our plans, coordinated with partners and had a good plan to execute.  I am highly skeptical that any of that happened. This is theater until proven otherwise. If it knocks out their ability to lob gas shells, that's great. I'm not optimistic that was the goal or is an achievable one by airstrikes. 

well now, it DID get some coordination

DatMdxDW0AEpnOp.jpg:large

Edited by cactusflinthead

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

^^that and telegraphing it was going to happen and especially not offering safe harbor to the poor innocent civilians are reasons to pillory Trump. But we cannot allow chemical weapons attacks to go unanswered 

i agree wholeheartedly with the first two points. 

remember when trump criticized obama for telegraphing strikes? yeah. tweet for all occasions.

i'm watching footage on cnn of a missile acting like a ufo

I used to feel that way.

I also used to believe this country had some moral authority.

I used to think a lot of things that experience and reality have cured me of. Evil people gonna do evil shit. We can’t stop them. Especially when we have no strategy, no end game.

More people will die. Nothing good will come of this.

Flags will be waved. lather, rinse, repeat.

I just get this shitty feeling that this is exactly what Russia wants. They're going to say we killed some of them, escalate the conflict with us, and all the while we have our President getting charged for a series of things. The West will not know how to organize as well without us having competent leadership to drive a strategy.  This will allow Russia to dictate terms far better than with someone else at the helm. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear

3 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I just get this shitty feeling that this is exactly what Russia wants. They're going to say we killed some of them, escalate the conflict with us, and all the while we have our President getting charged for a series of things. The West will not know how to organize as well without us having competent leadership to drive a strategy.  This will allow Russia to dictate terms far better than with someone else at the helm. 

Putin sips on vodka in Moscow. Syrian civilians die. More chaos and friction is added to the mix in the US political scene. The US president is continued to be weakened.

If Trump starts feeling froggy, Putin will call and remind him of the kompromat that he has.

Edited by retread

The part about our allies being in a shitty situation is key.

We just did something that’s based on moral authority. But at the very top, with the very person who ordered this action, we have none. The citizens of our allies are not going to be enthusiastic about throwing in their lot with the United States of Trump.

Shocking I know, but I agree with sawbonz. I don't want to be there, I don't want to be lobbing cruise missiles into the region, shit I dont want to have anything to do wiht the region at all.  But you use chemical weapons against your people, and well fuck it, you got it coming to you. Neutralize the capability. I hope Mattis has free reign to do it, dont pull punches, and get the fuck away from it ASAP. 

This is where I’m at as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

also, half joking, half stealing from my best friend: if there's a pee tape, putin will utilize it as this escalates with syria and russia.

I dont recall what thread i mentioned it on, but if putin doesn't deploy the pee pee tapes by sun up, he doesnt have them. 

So:

1.  I see that we launched strikes against Syria which I am in favor of because if you launch chemical weapons against your own people you need to get your shit fucked up. 

2.  I also see this thread has ballooned by nine pages since I skimmed it this morning and I'm wondering what the hell else has happened in the interim.  

Just going to say it now, Trump is not capable of effectively pulling off a successful wag-the-dog campaign.

It’s not in him because it’s not about him.  

Do you think he’s gives a shit about Syria right now? No, he’s thinking about Michael Cohen and James Comey.

His tweets today were a dead giveaway where his priorities are.  Fox News isn’t going to play wag-the-dog either like they did with Iraq.

This Syria business will be over within the week.

39 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Hey, it would be great if we were serious about Syria; had the best interests of the population in our plans, coordinated with partners and had a good plan to execute.  I am highly skeptical that any of that happened. This is theater until proven otherwise. If it knocks out their ability to lob gas shells, that's great. I'm not optimistic that was the goal or is an achievable one by airstrikes. 

well now, it DID get some coordination

DatMdxDW0AEpnOp.jpg:large

Our allies have to be skeptical too.  Overcommit and they will find themselves hanging in the breeze while Trump does what he does with his people around him--allow them to take the punishment.  

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

What makes you think Putin doesn't want Trump to remain in office???  

Pooty wants American chaos.  At this point, deploying pee pee tape would have peak effect imo. 

Edited by Anastasis

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Pooty wants American chaos.  At this point, deploying pee pee tape would have peak effect imo. 

Or it would hasten the pace of his ejection out of office..... Maybe Putin wants El Donaldo exactly where he is right now and understands the noose was tightening the past few weeks.  Nothing like a good military strike for Americans with the moral high ground to build some credibility back.  Perhaps....

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Put in will get to sell more weapons to Syria. 

I just hope for Iran’s sake, no more Trump bastards turn up. 

Except Russian troops are in harm’s way. We already kicked the shit out of some “mercenaries. “ When we do the same to Russian regulars he’s in a tight spot. Anything short of nuclear and we annihilate them, and I don’t think he’s ready to die 

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Except Russian troops are in harm’s way. We already kicked the shit out of some “mercenaries. “ When we do the same to Russian regulars he’s in a tight spot. Anything short of nuclear and we annihilate them, and I don’t think he’s ready to die 

If Mattis is truly calling the shots, we aren’t bombing Russians for now.