Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, TahoeHorn said:

Translation:  Don't nominate somebody so bad he loses to a Dem.

I think there is a lot of truth in that statement in heavily gerrymandered, illiterate Alabama.

I think the better question is why the gop, with all the control and influence they have in that heinous backwater, would put forth such a candidate?  Those are your folks...  let that roll around in your brainpan 

• Like 1

The simplest answer is that the Tahoe wing of the GOP has lost control of the party.  They didn't support Moore in the Primary and he won and Blankenship may be about to do the same thing.

Edited by kevwun

10 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The simplest answer is that the Tahoe wing of the GOP has lost control of the party.  They didn't support Moore in the Primary and he won and Blankenship may be about to do the same thing.

My wing is the power nationally and in some states.  It is not the power in the reddest states.

1 minute ago, TahoeHorn said:

My wing is the power nationally and in some states.  It is not the power in the reddest states.

Nationally?  

Huh.  Maybe you missed who the President -- of the nation -- is.

Tahoe and his ilk are like the deluded toddlers that we all once were on the carnival airplane ride:

4in1_018.jpg

There they sit, pulling back on the yoke, THINKING  they are controlling the aircraft.  They have no control.  They will go EXACTLY as high and fast as the deranged carny at the controls wants them to go.

You control jack shit, Tahoe.  But you need to FEEL like you control something.  So, spineless weakling that you are, you get in line with Trumpism, so you can claim "see, what I wanted to happen happened!  I'm good!"

As the rest of us stand outside the barrier, watching your deluded fantasy unfold at the hands of this:

trump-carny-photoshop.jpg?quality=95

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wait--Tahoe has a "wing" of the party?  I don't think that's right--"blind loyalist" isn't a wing of any party.  Anatomically speaking, he's the appendix of the party.  Nobody's sure why he'd still be there, but there is he is anyway and damned if he's going to leave willingly. 

• Like 1

Tahoe doesn't support Blankenship, but with better workplace safety laws (something Tahoe also doesn't support), Blankenship would be in prison right now and unable to sully the GOP's good name with a primary win tomorrow night.

This Don Blankenship thing is completely hilarious.  If you were to come to me and say, "Ghost--who would be the absolute worst fucking candidate in the world for the Republicans to put up against one of the endangered Democratic senators," I'd say "well, that's hard to say, since I don't know every person in North Dakota, Missouri, Montana, Indiana, and West Virginia, but I'm sure there are a lot of abysmal people."

"But Ghost--if you had to choose . . . ."

Well--it'd be hard to go against that asshole mine owner who killed a bunch of mine workers in West Virginia.

41 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I guess dementia comes with old age. Your tried and true "now is not the time challenge Trump" strategy worked like a charm.

You're standing in the corner with your dick in hand while the Trumptards are off to the races. Secretly, I'm guessing you aren't terribly bothered by the whole anti-minority angle, so you're probably also giving it a couple tugs to see if you can recapture the glory of the 70's.

Edited by Blotto

That's the thing that blows my mind even more about the situation.  Moore had some ability to fire people up and Trump clearly does.  Don Blankenship is the least inspiring politician I think I've ever seen.  It's like watching a terrible actor who's so nervous he's about to shit himself.

Edited by kevwun

4 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Newish here, SKJ. Not sure if you shared, but I'd be interested to know what the heck is going on with this post. Former LEO? Military?

It is known that I've let a sordid life. 

Melania strikes again:

"The *new* White House “Talking with Kids about Being Online" booklet hyped as "a booklet by First Lady Melania Trump and the Federal Trade Commission" is almost identical to a booklet released by the Obama admin"

• Like 2

oh, man, that's going to leave a mark. they put a picture of the first lady and her seal on an intro page and her "be best" logo on the end of an identical flyer.

i'm starting to feel sorry for her. either she's chronically stupid, or her people keep setting her up as a plagiarist.

24 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Melania strikes again:

"The *new* White House “Talking with Kids about Being Online" booklet hyped as "a booklet by First Lady Melania Trump and the Federal Trade Commission" is almost identical to a booklet released by the Obama admin"

2157046B-86EC-4D64-AC13-5C54B2123343_zps

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Is "Be Best" actually supposed to be broken English, or is there some other sense to it that I'm missing? 

Michelle Obama did “Be Better” as her advice to men so yeah, there’s your explanation.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Is "Be Best" actually supposed to be broken English, or is there some other sense to it that I'm missing? 
Read (on Twitter) that Michelle's was "be better", but IDK if true. One upping Obama's title would be funny.

Bwoken Engrish was my first thought too, although for Mel it would be "be duh best".

There is no Tahoe wing of the Republican party. There WAS a Tahoe wing of the party. Brisket, GoLL, longhornmatt and others were in it, but they have a sense of decency and propriety and have abandoned ship rather than sink with the mutated shitrats.

Now it's just Tahoe and a bunch of racist shitheads he says he doesn't support, but will reliably bring donuts for and volunteer 3 1/2 full work weeks a year to help further their anti-American agenda. 

Edited by Pods

There is no Tahoe wing of the Republican party. There WAS a Tahoe wing of the party. Brisket, GoLL, longhornmatt and others were in it, but they have a sense of decency and propriety and have abandoned ship rather than sink with the mutated shitrats.
Now it's just Tahoe and a bunch of racist shitheads he says he doesn't support, but will reliably bring donuts for and volunteer 3 1/2 full work weeks a year to help further their anti-American agenda. 

Aww—that’s the first time anybody ever said I have a sense of decency.

Thanks, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Maybe Melania  is trolling Trump? That would be epic if she hates her fucking husband sooo much, she wants to stick it to him by saying Obama = Be Best

I think it's pretty clear that she is directly trolling him with the social media bully campaign. 

• Like 1

Anyone mention the Melania q that came up during the briefing today?

Someone asked about rumor that Melania lives with her parents in suburbia instead of at the White House. Haven't seen it reported before.