Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Tennesseehorn said:

You children need to go to bed now.  It’s way past your bedtimes.  

Everyone is an internet millionaire and tough guy.  

Ironically, you are only an internet half millionaire, so I feel bad for you.

If you stay up a little longer, we’ll get you banned tonight.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, VRHorn said:

Ironically, you are only an internet half millionaire, so I feel bad for you.

If you stay up a little longer, we’ll get you banned tonight.

He's gone from -26 to -22. Looks like he's using a sock to pos rep himself. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm too lazy to go back and catch up....when and why'd this thread become a dick measuring contest?

Tinhorn came in here and implied McCain was no longer capable of typing his own tweets and then started telling everyone to get jobs or something. He also made a bet with someone that he made 5 times more than anyone else in the thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Pods said:

He's gone from -26 to -22. Looks like he's using a sock to pos rep himself. 

You act like I give a shit about what any of you think or say.  That fact that you seem to care what my rep is shows me you have no fucking life.  Go to bed children. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 13

So what are the correct tariffs to set?  If other countries have them on our goods, what should be our response?  Honest questions, because I would like the resident interenational trade exports to help me.  My inclination is tilted to the libertarian side where nobody has tariffs and it's free trade.  This is the real world though.  What's the best way then?

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Tinhorn came in here and implied McCain was no longer capable of typing his own tweets and then started telling everyone to get jobs or something. He also made a bet with someone that he made 5 times more than anyone else in the thread.

You are a fool and don’t even have a clue what you are talking about.  McCain is not doing his tweets he has fucking brain cancer.  

• Fuck You 9

16 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm too lazy to go back and catch up....when and why'd this thread become a dick measuring contest?

Trump supporter came in bragging about having a 6 and a 1/2-inch dick. 

Most of us were too embarrassed for him to tell him that he actually has a pretty small dick. 

When he found out he had a small dick, he started bragging about his salary. 

• Like 2

If you truly feel that the existing situation is unacceptable, you should lay out a framework for a new plan. What you simply cannot do is arbitrarily impose wild-ass tariffs because you needlessly increase the temperature in the room

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But it impacts his - and our - credibility when dealing with our (former) allies.

It will take decades to undo the damage, if ever.

Remember that, next time we need to build, say, an international military coalition. If you were Germany or France, or Canada, etc...would you join up, or say “gee, we would, but we’re gonna be washing our hair for the next 5 years?”

People remember when you treat them like shit and take their friendship for granted.

This x1000.  Even if Trump leaves office early, Pence steers us back on course and the next President is a diplomatic ringer that puts our allies at ease, every interaction with the US from this point forward is going to be mulled over with “another Trump scenario” as a worst case.  It’s taken decades to build up the relationships with the other G7 nations, and it was stewarded by both Republicans and Democrats during that time.  Trump is going to undo it all in 4 short years.

Here is an interesting thing to ponder: if 9/11 happened tomorrow, what would the reaction of the world be?  Who could we count on to support us in the UN?  Who would contribute in an alliance of multinational forces for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Edited by Goredho

6 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

Eh, this sums up my thoughts very well. I respect his service and the hell he endured, but throughout Trump's presidency he's been a whole lot of "wow, that deeply upsets me" while voting for 90%+ of his confirmations and legislation,

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Yup. McCain has real power to limit if not outright stop Trump's bullshit, and he chooses not to wield it. His refusal to act says a lot more than the occasional tweets about how Trump is doing bad things do.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking A. I’ve had enough of the “concerned diplomat” shit. I need some “dedicated fucking soldier” shit from these guys. Otherwise, they can fuck off.

This country’s worth fighting for. How about you do something for the good guys?

I agree, I wish our elected leaders did more acting than speaking in the past, that would have been ideal.

But would it have been pragmatic for a McCain or a Flake to take action earlier? Could it have backfired and only galvanized the other Republicans to defend the president and further suppress internal party dissent?  

If a senator was going to take action against the party and president, there would need to be some clearly defined objectives and assessments made if those objectives were realistic or even obtainable.  What would the potential costs be in taking those actions? Would they move Congress closer or further away from solving the problem at hand?

Seems like McCain and Flake are trying to actually LEAD and inspire more support among their colleagues to speaking out and ultimately act.  Maybe we should consider these realities before we kill the canary in the coal mine because he voted party line with the president in the past.

For me, the real criticism is not owed to McCain or Flake but to those Republicans that CHOOSE to remain silent in the shadows hoping the storm passes without a fight.  They are the true cowards. Their betrayal should not be forgotten.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

The look on Trump’s face is the same one John Bender gave Vice Principal Vernon when he got all those extra detention days in The Breakfast Club.

c8d47105_34b6_4ac9_b706_0d3286f9df0f_tex

so true

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Our idiot president seems to be under the impression that the United States government does not subsidize corporate America.

I mean, that is some next level WTF shit right there.

Because his business, and the only one he knows (cares about) was/is subsidized by FOREIGN governments 

So what are the correct tariffs to set?  If other countries have them on our goods, what should be our response?

Can't focus solely on labels like "tariffs" or you'll sound as ignorant as Drumpf. Some industries receive so many subsidies and other government welfare that trade would not be fair with no subsidies. Think about how the US cries about Airbus...

7 hours ago, Goredho said:

This x1000.  Even if Trump leaves office early, Pence steers us back on course and the next President is a diplomatic ringer that puts our allies at ease, every interaction with the US from this point forward is going to be mulled over with “another Trump scenario” as a worst case.  It’s taken decades to build up the relationships with the other G7 nations, and it was stewarded by both Republicans and Democrats during that time.  Trump is going to undo it all in 4 short years.

Here is an interesting thing to ponder: if 9/11 happened tomorrow, what would the reaction of the world be?  Who could we count on to support us in the UN?  Who would contribute in an alliance of multinational forces for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq?

George W Bush already ruined that.  We were attached by Saudi's and Afghans but we invaded Iraq and Bush told the world "Trust us."  That turned out well....

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

George W Bush already ruined that.  We were attached by Saudi's and Afghans but we invaded Iraq and Bush told the world "Trust us."  That turned out well....

Iraq War was a mistake but we gave their people a chance to create something better out of the ashes of the Saddam regime.  We fucked that up too in the short term but there’s still hope something good will come out of Iraq over the next 20 years.

We learned a valuable lesson from Iraq.  Democracy cannot be achieved through force in the Middle East by the United States.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I agree, I wish our elected leaders did more acting than speaking in the past, that would have been ideal.

But would it have been pragmatic for a McCain or a Flake to take action earlier? Could it have backfired and only galvanized the other Republicans to defend the president and further suppress internal party dissent?  

If a senator was going to take action against the party and president, there would need to be some clearly defined objectives and assessments made if those objectives were realistic or even obtainable.  What would the potential costs be in taking those actions? Would they move Congress closer or further away from solving the problem at hand?

Seems like McCain and Flake are trying to actually LEAD and inspire more support among their colleagues to speaking out and ultimately act.  Maybe we should consider these realities before we kill the canary in the coal mine because he voted party line with the president in the past.

For me, the real criticism is not owed to McCain or Flake but to those Republicans that CHOOSE to remain silent in the shadows hoping the storm passes without a fight.  They are the true cowards. Their betrayal should not be forgotten.

To your points in bold, these senators in particular seem to want to live in a world where Trump and the GOP aren't lock-step in with one another. This is not the world we live in, McConnell particularly paved the way to Trumpism during Obama's entire presidency, Trump and the Republican party are one in the same to any sane person. McCain, Flake, Corker, and the other few senators and Representatives that still have an (R) next to their name need to actually go against the grain and stop voting for damn near every confirmation and piece of legislation the party leaders are putting forth. McCain in particular can really fuck off because he acted as if McConnell wasn't following regular order during the first ACA repeal bill and then turned right around AND VOTED FOR a bill that will have almost just as much of an effect as first bill by removing the federal mandate. A bill that basically was shoved through as quickly as possible and was not something any Democratic senator supported.

7 minutes ago, retread said:

Our country will be a far far better place if McConnell got crushed by a hydraulic press. That piece of shit has done an impressive amount of harm to black and poor people's lives.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bolverk said:

The only disagreement I have with this is a fucking Baby Boomer calling a 20 yo girl part of the worst.generation.evar. No, you are fucker. Every stat he cites happened on the watch of the leadership of his generation - not hers.

Other than that, yeah, it is brutally honest.

That doesn't change the fact he's right and trying to set the next generation straight. You learn from history not to make the same mistakes.

21 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

To your points in bold, these senators in particular seem to want to live in a world where Trump and the GOP aren't lock-step in with one another. This is not the world we live in, McConnell particularly paved the way to Trumpism during Obama's entire presidency, Trump and the Republican party are one in the same to any sane person. McCain, Flake, Corker, and the other few senators and Representatives that still have an (R) next to their name need to actually go against the grain and stop voting for damn near every confirmation and piece of legislation the party leaders are putting forth. McCain in particular can really fuck off because he acted as if McConnell wasn't following regular order during the first ACA repeal bill and then turned right around AND VOTED FOR a bill that will have almost just as much of an effect as first bill by removing the federal mandate. A bill that basically was shoved through as quickly as possible and was not something any Democratic senator supported.

And let’s suppose the Republicans do act.  Will you applaud them for doing the right thing or will you vilify them for not doing it sooner?  

Which will you do first? 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

31 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Can't focus solely on labels like "tariffs" or you'll sound as ignorant as Drumpf. Some industries receive so many subsidies and other government welfare that trade would not be fair with no subsidies. Think about how the US cries about Airbus...

Ooh it sounds like a complex system.  How does it find a nice equilibrium?  Do countries ever make adjustments?  

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And let’s suppose the Republicans do act.  Will you applaud them for doing the right thing or will you vilify them for not doing it sooner?  

Which will you do first? 

Should I applaud them for doing their job and putting the country's best interests first instead of their party's? Sure I will, but our Republican congressmen/women need to be able to grow a backbone and shouldn't have to be constantly reminded to do the right thing.