Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

How much can we really know about what makes Hillary Clinton tick? The right has managed to sustain a routine spewing of circumstantial evidence about her for the better part of three decades. The left has defended her. Meanwhile, she's obviously built an impenetrable public image. I don't think think either side really knows her beyond conjecture.

Just now, ndawg said:

How much can we really know about what makes Hillary Clinton tick? The right has managed to sustain a routine spewing of circumstantial evidence about her for the better part of three decades. The left has defended her. Meanwhile, she's obviously built an impenetrable public image. I don't think think either side really knows her beyond conjecture.

Look at the issues she’s pushed hardest on over her career... Health Care, child issues, and democracy promotion.  

It’s not that difficult to read the tea leaves on Hillary Clinton 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look at the issues she’s pushed hardest on over her career... Health Care, child issues, and democracy promotion.  

It’s not that difficult to read the tea leaves on Hillary Clinton 

You listed 3 extremely vague categories of policy and I cannot think of a single win on any of them.

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Big by 1960s standards, so probably only 7-inches or less. 

Forget about the witch hunt. No "Collusion"!!!! We need to emergency fund a time machine. I know the decade I will choose. DO SOMETHING! Singapore is the prettiest town in Korea!!!

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You listed 3 extremely vague categories of policy and I cannot think of a single win on any of them.

Because healthcare reform is so easy.  CHIP was a Hillary program.  She also did a lot for getting the 9/11 first responders taken care of.  She pissed the fuck out of Putin too by calling him out on his fraudulent elections.  

We get it, you hate her.

Hillary exaggerates her role in SCHIP. She basically made sure Bill didn't ignore the bipartisan-sponsored bill because Bill was wanted a balanced budget and to work with Republicans.

So she helped. That was good.

So where the hell is she? What is she actually doing?

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

The sad irony is that most Democrats wouldn't know how to fight "dirtier" even if they wanted to.

Racist dog whistles don't appeal to non-racists. That's kind of a problem with that strategy. Is Trump's opponent in 2020 supposed to come up with a nickname for Trump like "crooked" Hillary or "lyin'" Ted or "little" Marco? You can't compete with Trump by sinking to his level. That pig has spent his whole life in the mud. That's his home field. 

I wish someone would tell him to his face to grow the fuck up. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Idiocy, lies have a home among trump supporters and donut men.    It doesn't work on people who care about integrity.   Al Franken was forced out by his side for poor judgement, while the other team promoted a child predator.    One side inherently gives a shit about the rules.

And that side lost, and will continue to lose.  "Rules" are for losers.  

55 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I agree. Lies, dishonesty, hypocrisy, adoption of un-American values aren’t going to be tolerated by the Democratic Party. 

Trumpism has bought into tribalism, us-vs-them, identity politics that put winning above country.

Democrats need to be the alternative to trumpism. 

That alternative is a losing strategy.

53 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

You do that, and you’ll “win” the same way the GOP wins with Trump.  In other words, you’ll accomplish none of the things you actually want except for sick burns and bragging rights over the other side, and every time you try to do anything constructive the mongoloid wing of your coalition will crush it. Everyone, including you, will be worse off for it.  And the cycle will continue.

Also, you won’t be as good at that as the Trumpkins, because you’ll come off smug, haughty, angry and annoying instead of salt of the earth, angry and annoying.  So, you won’t win, anyway.

Just voting out Trumpkins and rising above it is a much better plan in every respect. 

52 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

watching you become unhinged was humorous at first, then became somewhat annoying, but i've finally realized that it's scary. you've become convinced more lies and a more ignorant electorate is the solution to the lies and ignorance that has infected our democracy. 

Now y'all are starting to get my point.  There IS no "winning move."  None.  We can let Trump and Trumpism destroy the village....or we can "destroy the village in order to save it."  Those are the realistic choices in front of us.  "Doing it the right way, being constructive, and governing for the good of the country" ain't going to happen, because that strategy WILL NOT WIN.

Those are our choices -- not IF the country is destroyed, but by whom.  Which is exactly why I've been sounding the goddamned alarm about the destruction of norms since November 2016.  Once we go down that road.....there's no going back.

It's like a football game where the other team gets to hold with impunity, gets to chop-block every play, gets to trip, clip, etc.  That team is going to win.  Every damned time.  You can rant about the integrity of the game.  You can say "we don't play that way," and keep playing by the rules.  You'll lose the game.  And probably get your knee destroyed in the process.  If you want to win, you have to play by the new rules -- hold, clip, chop, etc.  And now, you've got a game that's a disgusting farce, a mockery of fair play, and dangerous for all involved.  Once you decide that rules and norms don't matter, there are NO GOOD CHOICES.  That's where we are.  No good choices.

Our choice is "let Trumpism win, and destroy the country," or "fight back using the same tactics, and destroy the country."  Pick.  Because the dreamworld in which integrity and fair play win is just a fantasy.

33 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So where the hell is she? What is she actually doing?

Seeing that she holds no elected office it seems pretty normal Hillary isn't in the news (except for Hannity rants). Failed candidates that hold no office yet continue to insert themselves into the news are an issue (see Palin). 

Edited by RPM

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

because you're actively working to destroy the country (your stated end goal) through lies and misinformation. that level of betrayal is treasonous.  you've become the person you abhor.

That's my rhetorical point, dude.

When folks actively lobby for and espouse a game where the rules are "hold, clip, chop block, and cheap shot".....then we end up with a game where those are the new rules, and WE ALL LOSE.

Millions of us have fought hard against that new regime.  We warned that we are careening towards an inevitable outcome.  To no avail.  To ZERO avail.  My point is that NOTHING MATTERS ANYMORE.  

Fight clean?  WE ALL LOSE.

Fight dirty?  WE ALL LOSE.

All options on the table are "LOSE."  There is no winning anymore.  Just teams, and pain.  That's the way it is now.  You can sit back and lose, or you can seek to inflict pain on the folks who did this.  I"m a vengeful, petty man in my heart.  I say go with "inflict pain."  Won't solve a goddamned thing (nothing will).  But it'll make me feel better for a moment.  And isn't that what it's all about these days?

Brisket is correct in that there are no good scenarios for the United States over the next decade+ but that doesn’t mean people should stop fighting for what they believe in or work towards a better future for others.  

The biggest threat to the future of the United States is apathy among the population.  

Trumpism won’t last but the damage could be anywhere from corrosion to catastrophic.

Hillary was right when she said we are going to find out who we are in the 2016 election.  Well, we found out and it’s really ugly.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Christian nation folks.  What would Jesus do and all that. 

Sessions certainly is a Christian Nationalist.  It's just those those folks like the idea of child migrants being murdered following deportation, something which will absolutely happen because of Session's decision.

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's my rhetorical point, dude.

When folks actively lobby for and espouse a game where the rules are "hold, clip, chop block, and cheap shot".....then we end up with a game where those are the new rules, and WE ALL LOSE.

Millions of us have fought hard against that new regime.  We warned that we are careening towards an inevitable outcome.  To no avail.  To ZERO avail.  My point is that NOTHING MATTERS ANYMORE.  

Fight clean?  WE ALL LOSE.

Fight dirty?  WE ALL LOSE.

All options on the table are "LOSE."  There is no winning anymore.  Just teams, and pain.  That's the way it is now.  You can sit back and lose, or you can seek to inflict pain on the folks who did this.  I"m a vengeful, petty man in my heart.  I say go with "inflict pain."  Won't solve a goddamned thing (nothing will).  But it'll make me feel better for a moment.  And isn't that what it's all about these days?

here's another analogy:

you're on a plane when all of a sudden it hits nasty turbulence. multiple crew members are hurt and many passengers are screaming and crying. certain of your impending death, you whip your dick out and start finger banging the 60-something grandmom passed out in the seat next to you.

a few minutes later the plane clears the storm and you're sitting there with your dick in your hand wondering what happened.

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

here's another analogy:

you're on a plane when all of a sudden it hits nasty turbulence. multiple crew members are hurt and many passengers are screaming and crying. certain of your impending death, you whip your dick out and start finger banging the 60-something grandmom passed out in the seat next to you.

a few minutes later the plane clears the storm and you're sitting there with your dick in your hand wondering what happened.

Pics of grandmom plz.

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

here's another analogy:

Oh, and to go with your metaphor, the plane has to be (1) in freefall, (2) with a pilot actively flying it into freefall, and (3) the remaining crew and most of the passengers saying "this is fine" and refusing to do a gotdamn thing about it.

So, are we talking like, a Helen Mirren grandma type?

• Like 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and to go with your metaphor, the plane has to be (1) in freefall, (2) with a pilot actively flying it into freefall, and (3) the remaining crew and most of the passengers saying "this is fine" and refusing to do a gotdamn thing about it.

So, are we talking like, a Helen Mirren grandma type?

As if we could be that lucky.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And it rallies their base.  They are ready to fight and die for their God-king.  52% of them support suspending the next presidential election if Trump called for it.  The enemy cannot be reasoned with.  It cannot be persuaded.  It can only be defeated.  Which will require more zeal and effort than the enemy can deploy.  They've set the bar pretty fucking high, so the opposition better get with the goddamned program.

Lie.  Manipulate.  Threaten.  Instill fear.  Prey on that fear.  Those are the tools of victory.  Use them.

I'm nobody here but fuck this way of thinking. If they're Gerrymandering congressional districts, we should push for fair, representative districts. If they're blatantly lying, point out their lies and tell the truth.  If they're tolerant of pussy grabbing and corruption, all the more reason to differentiate ourselves by having zero tolerance of that when it's on our side. Their ends justify the means bullshit is a big part of what's gotten us to this point. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

here's another analogy:

Wait, hypothetically speaking of course, did this person bust a nut? 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The difference between Hillary and Trump is their motivations.  Hillary actually wanted to accomplish shit for the benefit of the United States.  

Trump just wants to promote himself and not get punished by daddy Putin. 

You know what, you’re right.  When I think of Hillary I think of her pure intentions.  Altruism. I’m tearing up right now just thinking of her selflessness.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

This is your assumption that I believe most don't agree with.

We need patience. See Mueller. See the 2018 midterms. See the 2020 presidential elections.

I would love for your assumptions to the contrary to be correct.  I really and truly would.

I just don't think they will be.  I think that Mueller will be neutered via pardons and the Senate refusing to convict (if Trump even gets impeached).  And I don't think that the systemic advantages the GOP has built-in can be overcome.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bojack said:

I'm nobody here but fuck this way of thinking. If they're Gerrymandering congressional districts, we should push for fair, representative districts. 

One problem here:  historically, redistricting has mostly just swung from gerrymandering one direction to doing the same the other way around.  There doesn't seem to be any REAL impetus to ignore demographics and design districts according to other, more supportable demographics.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It's like a football game where the other team gets to hold with impunity, gets to chop-block every play, gets to trip, clip, etc.  That team is going to win.  Every damned time.  You can rant about the integrity of the game.  You can say "we don't play that way," and keep playing by the rules.  You'll lose the game.  And probably get your knee destroyed in the process.  If you want to win, you have to play by the new rules -- hold, clip, chop, etc.  And now, you've got a game that's a disgusting farce, a mockery of fair play, and dangerous for all involved.  Once you decide that rules and norms don't matter, there are NO GOOD CHOICES.  That's where we are.  No good choices.

To be fair we have a damn good record against Texas Tech.

4 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

I agree. Lies, dishonesty, hypocrisy, adoption of un-American values aren’t going to be tolerated by the Democratic Party. 

Trumpism has bought into tribalism, us-vs-them, identity politics that put winning above country.

Democrats need to be the alternative to trumpism. 

Fox was touting that well before Trump though.  He just followed suit.