Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I had an argument with an acquaintance who is firmly of the belief that this is no different than what OBAMA! did.  Never mind that what OBAMA! did was exactly what W, Clinton, GHW Bush and Reagan did.  OBAMA! set the standard.  Never mind the shift in policy.  OBAMA! is exactly as guilty.  There is no difference in separating every family versus only separating a few.  OBAMA!

Fucking idiots.  I would seriously like to see a comprehensive survey of IQ distribution across Trump supporters and everyone else.  I'm betting the mean would be at least 5 points lower for the Trumpkins, and maybe more.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And he has no idea how this plays with mainstream America, because Miller has never been around them

Even W wasn’t this tone-deaf. 

Shrub wasn’t the smartest man but he had a soul.  This isn’t a d or r issue, it is a “damn am I a fucking human being worthy of the most basic human right?!” I noticed Nate who didn’t challenge the practice, only that his god king was called out. You wrong bro, give it up

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Shrub wasn’t the smartest man but he had a soul.  This isn’t a d or r issue, it is a “damn am I a fucking human being worthy of the most basic human right?!” I noticed Nate who didn’t challenge the practice, only that his god king was called out. You wrong bro, give it up

W was and is a decent human being. Yes, he made some huge policy missteps that cost a lot of lives, but he was also a human being who get the weight of it. Remember him standing there - and taking it - when a gold star mother ripped him? And he took it.

“And she said it wasn't until they were both back on the president's Marine One helicopter, heading toward the White House, that Bush addressed the incident.

'That mama sure was mad at me,' Perino recalled the president saying as he looked out the window. 'And I don't blame her a bit.'”

That is so far beyond trump, it ain’t even funny.

Miller knows exactly what he’s doing.  
The moral outrage is exactly what he wants.

Yes.

His death - alone, reviled, and utterly unloved - will be one that the whole world should celebrate.
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

90% approval by Republicans is absolutely ridiculous.

But that base is eroding. They're showing up in less than prior numbers for their own primaries. There are more Democrats showing up for theirs.  So 90% in 2018 isn't the same number as 90% of their followers in 2016.  And where do the Independents stand?  Without them, neither party has a real shot. 

Edited by Mdhorn

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Except it’s not involuntary.  

He’s probably asexual.

And I’m convinced “shithole gate” was all Stephen Miller.

Tell me have you seen her him, Tell me have you seen her him, 

44 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And he has no idea how this plays with mainstream America, because Miller has never been around them

Even W wasn’t this tone-deaf. 

They should know what a terrorist starter kit looks like.  

Edited by Mdhorn

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Miller knows exactly what he’s doing.  

The moral outrage is exactly what he wants.

No, Rudy knows what he is doing with his crazy comments, but Miller/Trump do not.

Miller and friends are playing a stupid fucking game that could put even more R seats into play in November.  All we need is video of little kids and parents being separated, and Pelosi and Schumer might as well start ordering new name plates for their desks, doors, etc.

How is that good for Trump in 2019?  

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Miller and friends are playing a stupid fucking game that could put even more R seats into play in November.  

What makes you think they give a shit about that? 

They have yet to be held accountable for anything...ANYTHING.

They want to normalize their true colors.  This is one step in that process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

What makes you think they give a shit about that? 

They have yet to be held accountable for anything...ANYTHING.

They want to normalize their true colors.  This is one step in that process.

I'm fairly certain that if Mueller finds Trump and his inner circle doing all kinds of shady shit, that a Democrat-led Congress will have no problem impeaching.  Miller will fully go down with Trump.

Rudy's comments are a good way to distract from the Trump Foundation going down.  They are politically harmless in the general scheme of things, because they basically reaffirm what many already suspect.  Most important of all, they aren't going to drive many people to the voting booth, who weren't already planning on being there.

Separating families could, and probably will, drive plenty to the voting booth.  At the very least, it could depress turnout among more moderate Republicans, who will feel like they have few fucks to give.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

You’re underestimating Trump.

Trump will turn on the GOP if he has to, he has no loyalty but to himself.

If push comes to shove he will give the democrats everything they want to remain in power and the democrats will jump at the opportunity.

The remaining GOP members in Congress will go along with it because they’re still terrified of Trump and his loyal base.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rudy's comments are a good way to distract from the Trump Foundation going down.  They are politically harmless in the general scheme of things, because they basically reaffirm what many already suspect.  Most important of all, they aren't going to drive many people to the voting booth, who weren't already planning on being there.

Separating families could, and probably will, drive plenty to the voting booth.  At the very least, it could depress turnout among more moderate Republicans, who will feel like they have few fucks to give.

If my social media feeds are to be believed, college educated suburban white women...the type who are mostly apolitical or more religious than political at least...are absolutely mortified by this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would love for Trump to embrace the Democrats.

HIs followers would lose their shit.  THAT would push them away from him.

Would it?

Trump embraced Kim Jong Un, Putin, and Xi just this month.

His supporters don’t care. In fact, they’d love to see Trump crush the “RINOs”

28 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Would it?

Trump embraced Kim Jong Un, Putin, and Xi just this month.

His supporters don’t care. In fact, they’d love to see Trump crush the “RINOs”

His followers are a cult.  Brainless zealot imbeciles, all.  They’ll like whatever Trump tells them to like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

His followers are a cult.  Brainless zealot imbeciles, all.  They’ll like whatever Trump tells them to like.

His supporters like the fight of Trump.  It doesn’t matter what or who Trump is attacking, just that he is attacking.  He represents power they wish they had because they are so helpless with all their perceived grievances.

That’s why they’re so loyal to him.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Let’s be honest Hugo...

No, that’s incidental.  A means to an end.

If Trump started pushing for reparations, his supporters wouldn’t turn on him.  If he pushed for a second MLK day or pardoned a black drug dealer, his supporters would stick with him.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No, that’s incidental.  A means to an end.

If Trump started pushing for reparations, his supporters wouldn’t turn on him.  If he pushed for a second MLK day or pardoned a black drug dealer, his supporters would stick with him.

Yes - bc he’d be dog whistling the entire time.  

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

90% approval by Republicans is absolutely ridiculous.

Except, as we see here among many of the normally conservative posters here, there is a significant percentage of people who do not say they disapprove of Trump as a Republican, but rather they chose to no longer call themselves Republican.

I suspect that group is an additional 5 to 10 percent off the 2016 convention era Republicans.

FACTCHECKER.SURLY

Who's played more golf, Obama or Trump?

Facts:

In a year and a half, Trump has golfed 115 times.

Obama golfed 322 times in 8 years, or about 40 times a year, so he would have been at 60 at this point in his presidency. 

Based on that, most people would conclude that Trump plays more golf, but they'd be wrong.  Why?  Because they haven't applied the standard Obama equivalence ratio.  Once applied, Trump's number drops from 115 rounds of golf to a mere 6.

Decision:

Obama played WAAAAAY more golf than Trump.  It's an indisputable alternative fact.

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If my social media feeds are to be believed, college educated suburban white women...the type who are mostly apolitical or more religious than political at least...are absolutely mortified by this. 

Pics of college educated suburban white women?

9 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

FACTCHECKER.SURLY

Facts:

Obama golfed 322 times in 8 years, or about 40 times a year, so he would have been at 60 at this point in his presidency. 

Based on that, most people would conclude that Trump plays more golf, but they'd be wrong.  Why?  Because they haven't applied the standard Obama equivalence ratio.  Once applied, Trump's number drops from 115 rounds of golf to a mere 6.

Decision:

Obama played WAAAAAY more golf than Trump.  It's an indisputable alternative fact.

Not only that but Obama wasn't playing golf at a property where he would make a profit off the American people. I never thought I'd see a president do that much less see one do it and get away with it. The last 2 years have really showed me that Congress is far more corrupt that I ever thought before. 

• Like 1

His supporters like the fight of Trump.  It doesn’t matter what or who Trump is attacking, just that he is attacking.  He represents power they wish they had because they are so helpless with all their perceived grievances.

Correct. Trump is the president for impotent losers. And aggies. But I repeat myself.
Not only that but Obama wasn't playing golf at a property where he would make a profit off the American people. I never thought I'd see a president do that much less see one do it and get away with it. The last 2 years have really showed me that Congress is far more corrupt that I ever thought before. 

Sheeeeeeit....wait till they REALLY get going. They’ve made it clear that they’d sell this country to a terrorist intent on installing a caliphate if they thought it would give them (1) more power (2) for a longer time. There is no bottom for these power-hungry treasonous cowards. None.

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

FACTCHECKER.SURLY

Facts:

Decision:

I LOVE golf. If I had time, I would play 2-3 times a week. That said, I haven't picked up a golf club in about 9 months due to having a 1 year old. 

Of all the arguments regarding Trump vs. Obama, I wish the golf thing would go away. Yeah, Trump is a fucking horror and it's sickening how much he plays at his courses. But Obama played a FUCK TON of golf for a man in his position as well. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I LOVE golf. If I had time, I would play 2-3 times a week. That said, I haven't picked up a golf club in about 9 months due to having a 1 year old. 

Of all the arguments regarding Trump vs. Obama, I wish the golf thing would go away. Yeah, Trump is a fucking horror and it's sickening how much he plays at his courses. But Obama played a FUCK TON of golf for a man in his position as well. 

Completely misses the point.  I doubt we would hear that much about Trump's golf if he had not made it such a huge issue when Obama did it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Completely misses the point.  I doubt we would hear that much about Trump's golf if he had not made it such a huge issue when Obama did it.

Totally agree!

Or this:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/245884-trump-i-would-rarely-leave-the-white-house

Real estate mogul and reality TV star Donald Trump (R) says he wouldn’t get out much if he wins the Oval Office next year.

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump, 69, tells ITK. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

and for those keeping score:

https://trumpgolfcount.com

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It's a lot easier if you just accept that whatever Trump says about anything is diametrically opposed to either truth or public perception. 

If he says he won't play golf, he plans to play golf. 

If he says his followers are the smartest people in history, it's because he read somewhere that they're a bunch of idiots. 

If he says there's no collusion.........

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Not as much as Dubya. 

Is Baron actually Donald’s son?   Dad is 72, son is 12.  Never see them together.  No inkling of someone trying to pass along life lessons, how to make the family “business” work.  The Donald wants to make everything personal, why are Melania and Baron such sacred family members?   

58 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's a lot easier if you just accept that whatever Trump says about anything is diametrically opposed to either truth or public perception. 

If he says he won't play golf, he plans to play golf. 

If he says his followers are the smartest people in history, it's because he read somewhere that they're a bunch of idiots. 

If he says there's no collusion.........

Biggest case of projection I have ever seen.  Anytime he is critical of critical of someone, take their name out, add his and see if the sentence sounds more accurate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Is Baron actually Donald’s son?   Dad is 72, son is 12.  Never see them together.  No inkling of someone trying to pass along life lessons, how to make the family “business” work.  The Donald wants to make everything personal, why are Melania and Baron such sacred family members?   

Do you want him passing along life lessons?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup it’s anger and do something. What something is, they don’t know because real policy is complicated and takes some level of education to grasp.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/16/why-the-classical-liberal-is-making-a-comeback-218667

“I really call myself a classical liberal more than a conservative.”

Protests like the above have become common as of late from certain quadrants of the self-proclaimed, free-thinking “Intellectual Dark Web,” a loose confederacy of free speech absolutists that includes figures like the atheist writer Sam Harris and Peter Thiel sidekick Eric Weinstein. The “classical liberal” label has until now mostly been the domain of libertarian types and conservatives on the never-Trump end of the spectrum, such as Bill Kristol and much of the National Review staff, who are eager to root themselves in a tradition that connects the Founding Fathers to conservative philosophical icon Edmund Burke. Its recent surge in popularity, however, has come from twin phenomena—those conservatives’ intensifying desire to distance themselves from a Trump-ified Republican Party, and the term’s discovery by that new clique of anti-PC voices placing themselves in opposition to the supposedly illiberal campus left.

Interesting article.  There has to be a refuge for the more intellectual GOP types who simply can't go left to Progressive Land, and who won't follow the shit-stain which is Trumpism and the path of his dullard followers.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Dude. This fucking guy made golf a campaign issue. He spent most of a decade criticizing Obama for the amount of golf he played. It's fucking relevant. 

Not as much as Dubya. 

Who cares. It’s the sum of all behaviors. Neither consumed hours of tv or spent hours on Twitter daily.

If a man needs golf to unwind or mull over issues or have meetings- great. Or fish. Or hunt. As long as he does his job.

Dwelling on golf is like dwelling on Tan Suits when there are so many other issues with this president- daily.

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

W was and is a decent human being. Yes, he made some huge policy missteps that cost a lot of lives, but he was also a human being who get the weight of it. Remember him standing there - and taking it - when a gold star mother ripped him? And he took it.

“And she said it wasn't until they were both back on the president's Marine One helicopter, heading toward the White House, that Bush addressed the incident.

'That mama sure was mad at me,' Perino recalled the president saying as he looked out the window. 'And I don't blame her a bit.'”

That is so far beyond trump, it ain’t even funny.

Yes.

His death - alone, reviled, and utterly unloved - will be one that the whole world should celebrate.

I’m gonna call you on that one. His soliloquy on Karla Fay Tucker told me all I needed to know about his humanity.