Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

CNN just read Ryan’s entire statement. It’s actually much harsher than I would have expected from that pussy. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you what passes for courage and wisdom among the lackeys in the Trump Party.

"Russia is not our ally."

Stay tuned for an announcement from these same courageous orators that the Pacific Ocean is not a small, inland lake.

There is nothing too bad that can happen to these humanoid things willing to sell out the United States. We're not as great as we like to tell ourselves, but we're damn sure worth saving and improving.

hivsooz8dpb01.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, slorch said:

I definitely keep asking, " what would a republican do?"

Why? Trump is the leader and face of the Republican party.  He shares the party’s values and advances its agenda.  You’re seeing it right in front of you.  That’s your team.  Own your treachery.   

• Like 1

What did they talk about for 2 hours anyway?  I doubt they really had buttseks, but that's a long ass time, so what else could they have been doing?  I can't imagine Putin listening to Trump's inane ramblings for 2 hours, and Trump doesn't have the mental capacity to take 2 hours worth of instruction from Putin.

It should only last about 15 minutes.  I imagine something like this:

Putin: You need to make sure all US elections only use Pravda Model 7 voting machines.

Trump: Where do you have Crooked Hillary's emails?  We need to end this Witch Hunt.  I'm the greatest human ever.

Putin: Remember, Pravda Model..

Trump: All these people coming from shithole countries are turning America brown.  We need to build the wall now. Vlad, how can

Putin: Repeat after me, Pravda Model.

Trump: The Fake News...

Putin: To hell with this, I'm going to make Paul Ryan President instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

What did they talk about for 2 hours anyway?  I doubt they really had buttseks, but that's a long ass time, so what else could they have been doing?  I can't imagine Putin listening to Trump's inane ramblings for 2 hours, and Trump doesn't have the mental capacity to take 2 hours worth of instruction from Putin.

It should only last about 15 minutes.  I imagine something like this:

Putin: You need to make sure all US elections only use Pravda Model 7 voting machines.

Trump: Where do you have Crooked Hillary's emails?  We need to end this Witch Hunt.  I'm the greatest human ever.

Putin: Remember, Pravda Model..

Trump: All these people coming from shithole countries are turning America brown.  We need to build the wall now. Vlad, how can

Putin: Repeat after me, Pravda Model.

Trump: The Fake News...

Putin: To hell with this, I'm going to make Paul Ryan President instead.

You jest, but I'm confident that it went down basically just like that. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement today on President Trump’s meeting and press conference with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki:

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world. 

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

5 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Why? Trump is the leader and face of the Republican party.  He shares the party’s values and advances its agenda.  You’re seeing it right in front of you.  That’s your team.  Own your treachery.   

But Gorsuch and Kavanaugh and tax cuts!

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

This has to result in the end of the Republican party as we know it, right?

On 7/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, GRHorn said:

Why are you quoting Russian state TV?  I feel like you’re sowing discord. 

Your president acting in line with Russia’s best interests while the rest of your party tries to burrow their heads farther in the sand is the problem, dumbass.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
"Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

We could just "wait" or, and hear me out on this one, Congress could actually do something about it. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ), Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, released the following statement today on President Trump’s meeting and press conference with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki:

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate. But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin. He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.

“It is tempting to describe the press conference as a pathetic rout – as an illustration of the perils of under-preparation and inexperience. But these were not the errant tweets of a novice politician. These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule, his violent disregard for the sovereignty of his neighbors, his complicity in the slaughter of the Syrian people, his violation of international treaties, and his assault on democratic institutions throughout the world. 

“Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency. That the president was attended in Helsinki by a team of competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful and inexplicable.

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant. Not only did President Trump fail to speak the truth about an adversary; but speaking for America to the world, our president failed to defend all that makes us who we are—a republic of free people dedicated to the cause of liberty at home and abroad. American presidents must be the champions of that cause if it is to succeed. Americans are waiting and hoping for President Trump to embrace that sacred responsibility. One can only hope they are not waiting totally in vain.”

Mr. McCain

Mr. McCain Aye

And fuck you if you still think it matters that he condemns him but still votes for everything Trump does.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This has to result in the end of the Republican party as we know it, right?

For the first time today I see an avenue toward a Democrat takeover of all branches. I can see Trump taking this so far that the upcoming election and also 2020 see either old-school Republicans or Trumpkins splitting off into a third party just to get on the ballot. Or else a bunch of them running as independents, which in either case would split the standard GOP votes.

The good news for the country if that happens, at least in my opinion, is that Democrats couldn't possibly rule effectively and efficiently for more than 4 years and we'd be back to a standard two party split by the time the 2024 election finishes.

And here is where I'll throw in my dream of the new Republican party actually being conservative in terms of spending, government size, and personal liberties. Yeah, yeah, I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, retread said:

If it doesn't and if it hardens the 35-40% Trumpers, then we're headed for civil war.

So be it.   It’s probably naive to think the civil war was the only major bloody internal conflict the US would ever have.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Mr. McCain

Mr. McCain Aye

And fuck you if you still think it matters that he condemns him but still votes for everything Trump does.

He doesn't vote for anything anymore, I don't think.   Isn't he on his death bed in Arizona?   If so, staying in office and preventing an R replacement is probably the best thing he can do to oppose Trump. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

For the first time today I see an avenue toward a Democrat takeover of all branches. I can see Trump taking this so far that the upcoming election and also 2020 see either old-school Republicans or Trumpkins splitting off into a third party just to get on the ballot. Or else a bunch of them running as independents, which in either case would split the standard GOP votes.

The good news for the country if that happens, at least in my opinion, is that Democrats couldn't possibly rule effectively and efficiently for more than 4 years and we'd be back to a standard two party split by the time the 2024 election finishes.

And here is where I'll throw in my dream of the new Republican party actually being conservative in terms of spending, government size, and personal liberties. Yeah, yeah, I know.

I think that we will both be disappointed.

I don't think today impacts the Senate in 2018.  I think D House in 2018, D POTUS and Senate 2020.  And it stays that way for 6-8 years. 

1 hour ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'm probably one of the few on here that actually loves America

I mean this with all sincerity.....

Go fuck yourself. You don't have any fucking place to determine who does or does not love America, you piece of shit.

• Like 4

What I'm trying to parse here is how an American with notoriety would get up on a stage on foreign soil and say bad things about our government institutions.  I mean, did he learn nothing from the Dixie Chicks?  Seems like they were boycotted, vilified and threatened with death by the very same group of people who support this guy for saying things a lot less damaging to the interests of the United States. 

How does one maintain such cognitive dissonance?  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Nothing about our economy has changed to allow this party to exist as one of 2 majors.

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Putin in on the platform, Trump is stepping up on to it.  Note the look of fear on Trumps face as he navigates steps. 

We may be seeing cracks in his certitude and brashness. He may be realizing that he's a traitor.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

DiPwahnW0AAwXWX?format=jpg&name=large

Caption needed.

Imagine this microphone here is his dick, and here are his balls.  What I did was, I fondled them nice and easy, getting underneath them and rubbing the taint, as I puckered my lips in preparation for kissing the tip.  And that was just the beginning!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

They just voted for Berezowski. The idea that people still think that these old school Rs are just waiting to finally break free from Trump is laughable. They love him. They love him all day and night. They are only Gary Johnson voters in front of the press.