Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Any Trumpers on here that can explain what Bruce Ohr did to warrant being fired? 

Probably just pointed out some nonsensical bs from someone over at Fox, since we all know the producers of Foxnews basically run this country right now.

Things I learned this morning from Trump tweets.

• Bruce Ohr has some serious shit on Trump.
  • McGahn's departure is dependent upon the confirmation of Kavanaugh. Trump needs the seat in the SC filled, so when he goes against McGahn's advise and fires Sessions and pardons all his shitbag thug cronies, he's suited and booted for the inevitable constitutional crisis.
  • Trump finally learned how to spell the word counsel. Or someone stepped in and spelled it for him.

40 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Any Trumpers on here that can explain what Bruce Ohr did to warrant being fired? 

He is just the next boogeyman Trump has to create..

- rail on McCabe for 3 months.. out.. Who's next?

- rail on Peter Strzok for 3 months.. out. Who's next?

- rail on Bruce Ohr for 3 months...

Some guy we never heard of will come next after Ohr.. big bad and scary, no doubt.

5 minutes ago, retread said:

This is really the story of the last 30 years. It ties into everything.

Deficits, wage stagnation, kleptocracy, eroding middle class, regressive taxation, environmental degradation....and last but not least, the moral reversal that the measure of a mans worth is now the size of his wallet rather than the content of his character.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Would you not expect a lag? 

I wouldn't expect any effect on wages at all.   Corporations will generally pay employees the least that they can get away with.   When they pay more, it will be because they have to based on the labor market or the law.   Why would they pass along the tax windfall to employees rather than pocket the money?  At best they'd invest in growing the business, but I'm not so sure that's happening. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I wouldn't expect any effect on wages at all.   Corporations will generally pay employees the least that they can get away with.   When they pay more, it will be because they have to based on the labor market or the law.   Why would they pass along the tax windfall to employees rather than pocket the money?  At best they'd invest in growing the business, but I'm not so sure that's happening. 

Are you saying capitalism isn't always in the best interest of labor?

Shocking.

9 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Probably true.  It’s just weird to see a chart impliedly making the argument that profits and wages should move anything close to hand in hand, especially on the time scale they are showing there.  

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Probably true.  It’s just weird to see a chart impliedly making the argument that profits and wages should move anything close to hand in hand, especially on the time scale they are showing there.  

It was marketed as being a good thing for workers.

Clearly, it was oversold.

12 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think it only aims to show who is benefiting from Trump's tax cut for the rich. The rich. Only, Trump didn't call it a tax break for the rich.

Winning!

15 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

The tax bill was sold as instant pass-through for labor.   Remember all of the attribution of the bonuses to the tax bill?   

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I continue to believe several congressmen are going to jail based on Mueller’s investigation. I think the ties to dirty Russian money goes much deeper than anyone could have imagined before all of this started.

Although things get lost in the tumble of so much daily news about this treasonous moron, months ago some of us opined similarly. Someone even wondered if the GOPs could be brought down en masse in a RICO prosecution. I think the party's complicity is what keep them trying to kill this investigation. They care about their own skins far more than they do about Trump's.

Trump needs to end up like Benito Mussolini.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The tax bill was sold as instant pass-through for labor.   Remember all of the attribution of the bonuses to the tax bill?   

The bonuses were accelerated because their value as a tax deduction was more under the higher 2017 rates than the lower 2018 rates.  I’d bet many people didn’t get more they just got it earlier.  

Flood has a masters and doctorate from UT.

Here’s a fun fact about Flood. He was representing Aubrey McClendon in the criminal antitrust investigation that led to the indictment and Aubrey crashing his natural gas powered Tahoe into a bridge the following day. He’s also a huge douche.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One takeaway from all this is Hillary’s private server appears to be more secure than the government’s or the DNC’s.

shit man, most public infrastructure is less secure than your fucking facebook account. Police bodycams, public works, voting systems, pretty much every important system that should be more secured, isnt.

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

shit man, most public infrastructure is less secure than your fucking facebook account. Police bodycams, public works, voting systems, pretty much every important system that should be more secured, isnt.

I'm guessing that the top IT guys at Facebook are making about 5x that of the top Government IT guys. Funny how smart, competent people tend to flock to higher paying jobs. 

57 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Although things get lost in the tumble of so much daily news about this treasonous moron, months ago some of us opined similarly. Someone even wondered if the GOPs could be brought down en masse in a RICO prosecution. I think the party's complicity is what keep them trying to kill this investigation. They care about their own skins far more than they do about Trump's.

Trump needs to end up like Benito Mussolini.

going to need a bigger hook.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Malcolm Nance has been beating that drum for nearly two years. Saw a presentation that he made a few weeks ago over his new book on YouTube the other day, scared the shit out of me (when I compared what he said a year ago and his predictions becoming correct) but made a ton of sense as to why Trump and everyone in his circle are behaving the way that they are. This shit is running deep, I expect years of extra indictments from this shit show. 

8 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I'm guessing that the top IT guys at Facebook are making about 5x that of the top Government IT guys. Funny how smart, competent people tend to flock to higher paying jobs. 

There's also a genuine issue in the government tech sector in that it's really hard to find good programmers who don't/never have smoked weed or taken other drugs. FBI and NSA are massively understaffed because of that, and definitely contributes to our nation's overall dogshit stance on cybersecurity. 

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

The good news for this administration is that the deplorables have no idea how to read a fucking graph.  Benghazi!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

McGahn appears to be getting fired in retaliation for 30 hours of interviews with Mueller, even though Trump’s legal team (Cobb/Dowd) allowed it without asserting any privilege.

McGahn has been looking for the exit for a while.  That’s why he brought on Emmett Flood, to replace him. 

I’m surprised he’s hung around this long but from my understanding, he’s the main guy helping with all the judicial appointments inside the WH.

6 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

And your boy in Florida's first move was to come out and throw up the white racist bat signal and use a "Monkey" phrase when referring to his black opponent.

It's almost like there is a republican playbook on these things.  Hate & fear hate & fear hate & fear

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

And your boy in Florida's first move was to come out and throw up the white racist bat signal and use a "Monkey" phrase when referring to his black opponent.

It's almost like there is a republican playbook on these things.  Hate & fear hate & fear hate & fear

The GOP made a Faustian bargain a long time ago to pander to the absolute worst voters that America has to offer.