Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Trump's conspiracy theories have been harder to track down lately. The last Hillary email tweets generated from a Tucker Carlson blog. He's probably now just resorting to getting his tweet topics from the comments section of breitbart articles or texags posts. 

If this interests you, I suggest following Matt Gertz. Connecting Trump tweets to Fox segments is his forte

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It will be far more profitable for FOX to fan the flames of revolt if Trump is ever impeached than it will be to turn on him.  Such a turning will only be a move to the next guy up.  The network isn't going to suddenly move away from their base, nor are they even going to try to reeducate their base.  They will go along to whatever degree necessary to maintain viewership.

Of course, they’ll flame the fans...until they wont.  It will feel like a hard stop.  Just like w Nixon there will come a point when even his staunch supporters turn.  Fox will flip.  It’s only a matter of when.   

Fox and Trump currently have a symbiotic relationship.  Trump promotes Fox News and attacks their competitors through his tweets.  In return, Fox News promotes Trump and attacks his competitors through their programming.

Like all Trump relationships, it will fall apart at some point.  I think it’s safe to calculate Fox News has the most leverage in this relationship.

When Trump’s con has gone stale with the public, his promoting of Fox News will become more of a liability than an asset.  

That’s when Fox will pivot.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Meaning this is false.

Trump has created Cult 45, and they will exist and be a force even after he leaves office.  You don't get to create a cancer like this and just cut it out easy-peasy.  You have to go through chemo that may kill the patient.

I don’t disagree the Trump cult exists and they will be a force post trump but I think you’re underestimating how easy the Trump cult can become the Pence cult with a little manipulation and messaging.

Herding Aggy is the Fox News business model. 

Who was the Trump cult before they became the Trump cult?  They were the type of people that voted for Mike Pence. It’s not going to be difficult to change the flavor of the kool-aid.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So are we still in “Ermagod the republic won’t survive so let’s all turn into depraved pieces of shit” mode or are people starting to come around to the fact that justice will be served and we’ll become a stronger nation because of this dark period in our history?

Both

Brisket’s Ledge vs cautious optimism

1 hour ago, Lagunamadre said:

You mean Pence. 

Good thing about Trump is he keeps us all engaged while he burns the Country to the ground. Pence would bore us all to sleep and we'd wake up one day in the Handmaid's Tale. 

No one will ever use the term "personality" in reference to Pence, let alone "cult of." Pence will never win a national election. If he thought he had a chance then he would've run in 2016. 

270c0afe3.png

Opinions of the president reflect the fundamental cleavage of class, which has long divided Americans along political as well as economic lines. Trump’s approval is overwhelmingly concentrated in less affluent, less educated, more working-class states. It is positively associated with the share of workers in blue-collar working-class jobs (0.76), and negatively associated with income (-0.72), wages (-0.79), education (measured as the share of adults with a bachelor’s degree and above, -0.86), and the share of workers doing knowledge, professional, or creative work (-0.72).

Some old charts I hadn't seen before.  Just incredible.  Out of income, wages, working-class jobs, professional work, and education, the single biggest predictor for Trump Disapproval is education.  

https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/02/the-geography-of-trumps-first-year-job-approval/553124/

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Both

Brisket’s Ledge vs cautious optimism

not sure if you've noticed, but even brisket is starting to back off his ledge. whether he wins or losses, we should all be forever grateful for beto's meteoric rise for putting an end to brisket's incessant 'the only way to politic these days is by being a complete piece of shit.' 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t disagree the Trump cult exists and they will be a force post trump but I think you’re underestimating how easy the Trump cult can become the Pence cult with a little manipulation and messaging.

Herding Aggy is the Fox News business model. 

Who was the Trump cult before they became the Trump cult?  They were the type of people that voted for Mike Pence. It’s not going to be difficult to change the flavor of the kool-aid.

Completely disagree.  Trumpkins love Dotard because he's an "outsider" and "talks like us".  He's a career grifter and well known celebrity, so they literally have no expectations for him to tell the truth. 

Pence is just another politician and won't get a free pass for lying his ass off.  They support Trump because he is "anti-establishment". 

The Trump cult used to be the segment of society that was systematically stamped down and powerless for years. They voted R but didn't have any excitement over it. Then Trump dog whistled them back into normal existence and gave them a legitimate voice again. 

These people won't fervently support another normal Republican moving forward. They will want a Trump disciple. 

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Completely disagree.  Trumpkins love Dotard because he's an "outsider" and "talks like us".  He's a career grifter and well known celebrity, so they literally have no expectations for him to tell the truth. 

Pence is just another politician and won't get a free pass for lying his ass off.  They support Trump because he is "anti-establishment". 

The Trump cult used to be the segment of society that was systematically stamped down and powerless for years. They voted R but didn't have any excitement over it. Then Trump dog whistled them back into normal existence and gave them a legitimate voice again. 

These people won't fervently support another normal Republican moving forward. They will want a Trump disciple. 

If Trump stroked out today, which direction do you think Fox News would go?

Fine, but that's a failure of the Democratic party to reach a crucial part of their coalition as much as it's something the President is doing. 44% of the US electorate are white voters without a college degree, vs 30% who do. People of all races without college degrees are left behind in our economy and have anxieties that need to be addressed, and education may be the greatest correlating factor but not NOT a sufficient remedy.

Barack Obama won because he effectively spoke to their pain. At the same time, Democrats across the board lost their support because they did not address their problems. Hillary Clinton's proposals basically amounted to more table scraps for everyone, while Donald Trump promised to restore their dignity, as false and corrosive as his approach was. 

My point is that while Democrats and progressives can pat themselves on the back for being smart, they will not be able to put together a stable national majority until they are willing to offer something other than a pat on the head and whatever shrinking portion of our economy is left after they enjoy the prime cuts. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 8

But it literally came out of the blue, correct?  No one else on planet earth suggested it was doctored until Trump just tweeted he was "caught" doing so?
Maybe the Mueller report on obstruction is about to come out and dotus has seen it. And surely it references dotus admitting on television he obstructed justice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wait, what’s the Lester Holt thing about? Did I miss a conspiracy theory?

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I'm guessing he's accusing Holt of editing the tape to make Trump say he fired Comey because of the Russian Investigation since it's admitting to obstruction of justice.

Actually, this is the point I think we're at:

1 -- Trump himself comes up with outlandish conspiracy theory (based on zero evidence)

2 -- Fox, Breitbart, Daily Caller all "report" what he said.

3 -- Trump re-tweets Fox, Breitbart, Daily Caller as VERIFICATION of the false story that he planted in the first place.  It's on these credible news sites, it MUST BE TRUE!  And Trump is just re-tweeting what the REAL, "fair and balanced" media is reporting!

That's the stage of propaganda that we're in now.

And it will work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, this is the point I think we're at:

1 -- Trump himself comes up with outlandish conspiracy theory (based on zero evidence)

2 -- Fox, Breitbart, Daily Caller all "report" what he said.

3 -- Trump re-tweets Fox, Breitbart, Daily Caller as VERIFICATION of the false story that he planted in the first place.  It's on these credible news sites, it MUST BE TRUE!  And Trump is just re-tweeting what the REAL, "fair and balanced" media is reporting!

That's the stage of propaganda that we're in now.

And it will work.

Prepare for the next stage:

What I want:

Bezos, Gates, and Buffet to spend their "Fuck you" money in politics until every last Trumpkin is booted from office. Literally outspend the Kochs and every other comparatively poor Republican donor until they all just stop because its futile to try to outspend Bezos, Gates, Buffet, etc... Same for Google, Apple, and all the forward thinking tech companies. Let's counter all the money that supports stupidity for profit with money for thoughtful, sound, reasonable policies. Is that too much to ask?

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This wouldn't punish Bezos. It will punish U.S. consumers the same way tariffs punish consumers. I don't think there has been a President in my lifetime that has interfered more in the market place than Trump, the "successful businessman" candidate.

18 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

What I want:

Bezos, Gates, and Buffet to spend their "Fuck you" money in politics until every last Trumpkin is booted from office. Literally outspend the Kochs and every other comparatively poor Republican donor until they all just stop because its futile to try to outspend Bezos, Gates, Buffet, etc... Same for Google, Apple, and all the forward thinking tech companies. Let's counter all the money that supports stupidity for profit with money for thoughtful, sound, reasonable policies. Is that too much to ask?

This is a great idea. Why don't the oligarchs have more power? It's bullshit. 

What isn't a great idea: campaign finance reform. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, longhorndude said:

That reminds me, need to get to Twin Liquors for dollar days...gotta load up for football season and the continued shit show that is trump.

Same here. In several days, my drunken ire will shift away from Trump and be directed at Herman/Beck unless of course the offense has a remarkable turnaround.

22 minutes ago, F250 said:

This wouldn't punish Bezos. It will punish U.S. consumers the same way tariffs punish consumers. I don't think there has been a President in my lifetime that has interfered more in the market place than Trump, the "successful businessman" candidate.

It's probably very difficult to "punish" somebody that has $150B. 

3 hours ago, Bojack said:

If FoxNews has any part in taking him down, they're going to have to be very slick about it.  I never would've thought we'd be at this point where we're hoping perhaps Rupert Murdoch will do the right thing and help save the country.  

Fox News has already had some incredibly high-profile folks take a shit on Trump.  As I said, they didn't say what they said on the air without a Murdoch signing off on it.

People don't realize (or they've forgotten) that Murdoch and Co. are not committed to Trump, they are committed to profits.  Murdoch has said more than once that he would have a left-leaning network if it made more money, and let's not forget, Rupert has heaped praise on Obama in the past, including back in 2008.

People also forget that Murdoch has multiple media organizations that have no problem getting down and dirty and tossing favored candidates aside and that will cozy up to politicians of any stripe.

If Trump goes down bigly, Murdoch is not going to let Fox News go down defending him, because Murdoch's sons plan on Fox News being around for a very long time and they could give a shit about Trump.

Many Fox News fans are also willing to go along with whatever they are told.  Bill O'Reilly showed that their loyalty is to the network, not the personalities.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fox and Trump currently have a symbiotic relationship.  Trump promotes Fox News and attacks their competitors through his tweets.  In return, Fox News promotes Trump and attacks his competitors through their programming.

Like all Trump relationships, it will fall apart at some point.  I think it’s safe to calculate Fox News has the most leverage in this relationship.

When Trump’s con has gone stale with the public, his promoting of Fox News will become more of a liability than an asset.  

That’s when Fox will pivot.

Imagine what happens if Fox News just completely stops covering Trump, or covers the negatives and says they are negatives?

Where are his followers going to go for talking heads?  The Blaze?

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Man, this guy...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-says-hell-eliminate-pay-raises-for-civilian-federal-employees-next-year-1535652233

Trump Says He’ll Eliminate Pay Raises for Civilian Federal Employees Next Year

It's actually kind of brilliant in a sick way.  "We're not going to give lazy public employees raises until wages come up in the private sector! I'm with the real hard American workers!" Then do absolutely nothing to raise wages, but get all the Trumpeter to say, "He's one of us! Fuck the gubment!"  

9 minutes ago, Dertyberd said:

It's actually kind of brilliant in a sick way.  "We're not going to give lazy public employees raises until wages come up in the private sector! I'm with the real hard American workers!" Then do absolutely nothing to raise wages, but get all the Trumpeter to say, "He's one of us! Fuck the gubment!"  

How does that compute with their lie that wages went up with the tax cuts....