Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

The.

Senate.

That's it.  That's the firewall that cannot and will not be breached.  Give up your foolish dreams of a functioning Republic that even remotely follows the rule of law.  You don't live in that.  You live in a country where the ruling party has pledged its full, simpering, spineless fealty to an orange turd.  That orange turd will rule until he decides not to.  And he will never decide not to be king of the world (which is exactly what he thinks his exalted office is).

Just stop.  The firewall will not be breached, and you know it.

Things can change and those jokers in the Senate aren’t Trumpkins, they’re cold blooded calculators.  They aren’t loyal to Trump, they’re loyal to themselves.  All it takes is Trump to become more of a liability than an asset and the entire dynamics change.  They will turn on Trump if it suits them.  

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Things can change and those jokers in the Senate aren’t Trumpkins, they’re cold blooded calculators.  They aren’t loyal to Trump, they’re loyal to themselves.  All it takes is Trump to become more of a liability than an asset and the entire dynamics change.  They will turn on Trump if it suits them polling in their respective states show that prolonged support of Trump will result in lowering of their poll numbers and/or increases their risk of getting primaried. 

Fixd.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Things can change and those jokers in the Senate aren’t Trumpkins, they’re cold blooded calculators.  They aren’t loyal to Trump, they’re loyal to themselves.  All it takes is Trump to become more of a liability than an asset and the entire dynamics change.  They will turn on Trump if it suits them.  

Sigh.  Do we really have to go through the fucking flowchart ANOTHER FUCKING TIME?

The GOP is fully owned by Trump and the Trumpkins.  It is the Party of Trumpism.  That is literally all that it stands for now: it is a single-issue litmus test party - "are you loyal to God King Trump?  If Yes, you are GOP, if not, begone."

The GOP is owned by Trumpists.  They are the only voting bloc that matters, and a GOP candidate CANNOT be re-elected without them.

THEREFORE, betrayal of Trump is a fatal move for any GOP official, because the base that is the entire party now will punish you.

THEREFORE, these "self-interested" Senators will perform exactly the calculus you suggest, but the answer will be clear: always be loyal to Trump.

You live in a fantasy world where the GOP base eventually turns on Trump.  That. Won't. Ever. Happen.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sigh.  Do we really have to go through the fucking flowchart ANOTHER FUCKING TIME?

The GOP is fully owned by Trump and the Trumpkins.  It is the Party of Trumpism.  That is literally all that it stands for now: it is a single-issue litmus test party - "are you loyal to God King Trump?  If Yes, you are GOP, if not, begone."

The GOP is owned by Trumpists.  They are the only voting bloc that matters, and a GOP candidate CANNOT be re-elected without them.

THEREFORE, betrayal of Trump is a fatal move for any GOP official, because the base that is the entire party now will punish you.

THEREFORE, these "self-interested" Senators will perform exactly the calculus you suggest, but the answer will be clear: always be loyal to Trump.

You live in a fantasy world where the GOP base eventually turns on Trump.  That. Won't. Ever. Happen.

I’m not as certain as you are.  They haven’t even finished counting the votes in the midterms but the results are indicating Trumpism isn’t going to be sustainable.  I believe the GOP leadership wants out of their Faustian bargain with Trump but they don’t want to pay for it.  

I have no illusions about the senate failing to convict but you also have to look at it from Trump’s perspective.  

I see no other way out for Trump except resignation and a Pence pardon.  I have no idea when that will happen.  It could be next year, it could be after he loses reelection in 2020, it could be January 19th 2025.  

But that’s how it’s going to end, outside of him dying in office.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I believe the GOP leadership wants out of their Faustian bargain with Trump but they don’t want to pay for it.  

I don't give a fuck if GOP leadership wants out of their stupid bargain.  The Universe doesn't give a fuck either.  They struck their bargain, there are no refunds, there are no exchanges.  ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

There is no getting out of this.  "I could shoot a man in the fact on Fifth Avenue and not lose supporters."  It may be the only perfectly true thing he's ever said.  The GOP sold its soul to Trumpism.  It's never going to be able to undo that transaction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't give a fuck if GOP leadership wants out of their stupid bargain.  The Universe doesn't give a fuck either.  They struck their bargain, there are no refunds, there are no exchanges.  ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

There is no getting out of this.  "I could shoot a man in the fact on Fifth Avenue and not lose supporters."  It may be the only perfectly true thing he's ever said.  The GOP sold its soul to Trumpism.  It's never going to be able to undo that transaction.

Oh, the GOP will keep the Trumpism, they just want to ditch Trump. 

Trumpism will be on the ballot in 2020 regardless of what happens. 

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

They were warned. You do not dance with the devil unless .. 'twas the devil which brung you.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This is right.  For years, the GOP Establishment was an early-stage addict.  Sure, they were dabbling in populism and nationalism, but they had the demons under control.  The Establishment was in charge.  They were just using extremists to gain an edge and it was working for them.   

Then a new batch of primo populist shit hit the streets in 2016 and everything spiraled.  Shit got out of hand and it happened fast. Suddenly the GOP Establishment is nothing but a pathetic, hopeless junkie.  It no longer controls its demons - it is completely controlled by them.  The GOP doesn’t just casually use populism to feel powerful anymore; now it has no choice. It has to mainline that shit straight into its veins.  

The Establishment might want to kick its angry nationalist voter habit.  Truly truly want to.  But it can’t.  After so many years of using the rabble to get ahead, GOP political life is now entirely dependent on that rabble.  Abandon the demons, and your career dies.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

All it takes is Trump to become more of a liability than an asset and the entire dynamics change.  They will turn on Trump if it suits them.  

And if what has happened to date doesn’t get them to that point, nothing will.  In other words, I’m afraid you’re wrong on this point.  If he’s still alive, Trump will be in office well past 2020.  

• Like 1

Is this non-US citizen's death worth risking the lives of Americans? Turns out if you talk shit about the House of Saud, you're probably going to have a bad time. 

I just don't see how people expect Trump to denounce this easily without pissing off one of our most powerful allies in the region. 

• Fuck You 21

6 minutes ago, Vein said:

Is this non-US citizen's death worth risking the lives of Americans? Turns out if you talk shit about the House of Saud, you're probably going to have a bad time. 

I just don't see how people expect Trump to denounce this easily without pissing off one of our most powerful allies in the region. 

What power do you think Saudi has over the U.S.? 

How could they materially retaliate against actions we take against them? Think it through. We protect them militarily and fund their day to day operations by purchasing their oil. 

Do you really think they have the option to tell us to fuck off? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not standing up to Saudi Arabia puts more lives in jeopardy. 

We don't need to put our nose in Saudi Arabia's business on this one. That journalist was an idiot for going back to the middle east and got himself killed due to his rhetoric against the Royal Family. We are never going to change how the middle east is and we need to accept that. It will only cost us lives and tons of money if we cause an unstable situation that we keep doing and doing.. I'm sorry he was murdered but that's just not worth disrupting the relationship we have with Saudi Arabia. It's simply not worth making things worse. 

Edited by Vein
  • Fuck You 14

10 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

What power do you think Saudi has over the U.S.? 

How could they materially retaliate against actions we take against them? Think it through. We protect them militarily and fund their day to day operations by purchasing their oil. 

Do you really think they have the option to tell us to fuck off? 

What I know is that a ton of people in the middle east have hated America all of their lives and I'm done fucking with the middle east. This journalist had a death wish for the people he was messing with and he got what was coming. I can't say I have a lot of remorse because of how naive he was returning to the middle east. 

Cut the line on this one. There is zero reward.

• Fuck You 16

27 minutes ago, Vein said:

Oh for fucks sake.

15 minutes ago, Vein said:

I'm sorry he was murdered

No, you really aren't. Just be honest. But it's fine. We're proving how much the Saudis have us in their backpocket. They can order and execute a state sanctioned hit on a person who is supposed to be under our protection and the highest office in the land simply does not give a shit. Thankfully, Congress seems to not feel the same way. 

It's a matter of risk and reward for me. I'm not putting America at any more risk in the middle east because of this man's death wish. This is the kind of situation that could snowball into more people getting killed. STOP FUCKING WITH THE MIDDLE EAST. 

• Fuck You 8

It's a matter of risk and reward for me. I'm not putting America at any more risk in the middle east because of this man's death wish. This is the kind of situation that could snowball into more people getting killed. STOP FUCKING WITH THE MIDDLE EAST. 

Then stop being their whore. Stop selling them top tier weapons.

Pathetic whores. Trump and the Trumpkins all.

9 minutes ago, Vein said:

What’s your stance on the US supporting Isreal