Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, Mole said:

What's weird is how popular rabies was in the early 2000s.

Fads, man.

Which reminds me....one day, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yoladu said:

a truly odd, reflexive comment. He is like Pavlov's Dog. The word mansion is uttered, the his response is always going to include, "i've seen better", no matter the context. - just a reflex.

He was torn between two strains of idiocy there.  

1.)  He instinctively wanted to use the word "mansion" to discredit McRaven and Obama as if they allowed Bin Laden to languish too long in a very comfortable setting like he was being allowed to enjoy his remaining days sitting in a country club.  And, of course, that's dumb.

2.)  By using the word "mansion" that electric synapse in his brain, that is now piece of yarn connected to a rusty hinge, got frightened at the thought that someone might assume that Bin Laden knew more about luxury and elegance than he did.  And, of course, that's dumb too.  But give him a break.  He's dumb as fuck.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fads, man.

Which reminds me....one day, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me. And it'll happen to you too!

46 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Haha, better chart

iinbqpz4mu27out2e9mlqq.png

2007/08 were brutal for Bush. Over 1,200 death in Iraq after we had come to the realization that there were no WMDs and us being there was pointless coupled with the collapse of the economy. 

If Trump takes us into a pointless land war in Iran and the economy crashes, he'll dip down into the 20's. Shit, he has a great economy and the world is relatively peaceful right now and he still can't get above 45%. 

18 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

2007/08 were brutal for Bush. Over 1,200 death in Iraq after we had come to the realization that there were no WMDs and us being there was pointless coupled with the collapse of the economy. 

If Trump takes us into a pointless land war in Iran and the economy crashes, he'll dip down into the 20's. Shit, he has a great economy and the world is relatively peaceful right now and he still can't get above 45%. 

You know how I found out there were no WMDs?  Letterman told me.  It was some Top 10 list of why we haven't found them.  "Number 6:  We've only searched 98% of the country" or something.  I was stunned.  Wait?  That's settled then?  I had no idea.  I totally thought WMDs were there, it was just a matter of time. 

48 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

These are old numbers, but damn look at that spread.

Graphic21.png

I thought about this some time back, and the only thing that I can think of that R's are this strong on Trump for is.....they spent 8 years bitching about everything under the sun with Obama.  Now, they have a Republican president who is an utter piece of shit.  But, he's Republican!  And they can't bring themselves to the reality that what they want to support is worse in every way than what they were bitching about previously.  Hence, they just say they support him and go on their way.

This doesn't count the true believers that are 30-35% or whatever.  Those folks will go to their deaths believing in Trump.  I'm convinced some of this group would die for Trump.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

He was torn between two strains of idiocy there.  

1.)  He instinctively wanted to use the word "mansion" to discredit McRaven and Obama as if they allowed Bin Laden to languish too long in a very comfortable setting like he was being allowed to enjoy his remaining days sitting in a country club.  And, of course, that's dumb.

2.)  By using the word "mansion" that electric synapse in his brain, that is now piece of yarn connected to a rusty hinge, got frightened at the thought that someone might assume that Bin Laden knew more about luxury and elegance than he did.  And, of course, that's dumb too.  But give him a break.  He's dumb as fuck.  

that is some dead-on spooky Vulcan stuff right there.

Image result for mind meld

They need to stop attending these "press conferences."  Let the WH put out their public release of the day, and then fact check it.  Stop giving these clowns another forum to lie to the American people.  The real journalism is reporting what our government is doing.  Not reporting evasions and propaganda.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

They need to stop attending these "press conferences."  Let the WH put out their public release of the day, and then fact check it.  Stop giving these clowns another forum to lie to the American people.  The real journalism is reporting what our government is doing.  Not reporting evasions and propaganda.  

It could be argued that would be fine with the administration.  Wouldn’t want any pesky reporters asking us uncomfortable questions or trying to hold us accountable.

There’s a reason the Trump administration only does press briefing once a month now. 

From the article:

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump’s repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit. That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

The discovery alarmed some advisers to President Trump, who feared that his daughter’s practices bore similarities to the personal email use of Hillary Clinton, an issue he made a focus of his 2016 campaign. Trump attacked his Democratic challenger as untrustworthy and dubbed her “Crooked Hillary” for using a personal email account as secretary of state.

Some aides were startled by the volume of Ivanka Trump’s personal emails — and taken aback by her response when questioned about the practice. Trump said she was not familiar with some details of the rules, according to people with knowledge of her reaction.

The White House referred requests for comment to Ivanka Trump’s attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell.

In a statement, Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Lowell, acknowledged that the president’s daughter occasionally used her private email before she was briefed on the rules, but he said none of her messages contained classified information.

The modern GOP.
They are all in on the luby's business plan.  All old white people all the time. 
It's a losing strategy. 

They already won. They are tearing the country apart and rigging elections and alienating allies while increasing debt and undermining protections.

This is your Republican Party. This is what they want. There will be no compromise. No civility. Fuck our feelings.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It could be argued that would be fine with the administration.  Wouldn’t want any pesky reporters asking us uncomfortable questions or trying to hold us accountable.

There’s a reason the Trump administration only does press briefing once a month now. 

But they aren't holding the administration accountable at the press conferences.  They're just getting fed lies and repeating those lies.  They should be making the administration uncomfortable by reporting on the troops sent in a stunt to 90 miles from the border, by reporting on the fires in California, yet more gun violence today in the hospital, the money funneled by the NRA to politicians, going to the kiddy concentration camps, the effects of the tariffs.  Asking questions, only to be repeatedly evaded or lied to is a fools errand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

But they aren't holding the administration accountable at the press conferences.  They're just getting fed lies and repeating those lies.  They should be making the administration uncomfortable by reporting on the troops sent in a stunt to 90 miles from the border, by reporting on the fires in California, yet more gun violence today in the hospital, the money funneled by the NRA to politicians, going to the kiddy concentration camps, the effects of the tariffs.  Asking questions, only to be repeatedly evaded or lied to is a fools errand.

The White House will hold press briefings, our tax dollars pay for it.  

Do you want the NYT, Wapo, CNN asking the questions or do you want the Daily Caller, Gatewaypundit, Breitbart?

I think the cable news channels should stop televising them live and some of them have but never stop challenging them when given the opportunity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

They already won. They are tearing the country apart and rigging elections and alienating allies while increasing debt and undermining protections.

This is your Republican Party. This is what they want. There will be no compromise. No civility. Fuck our feelings.

Biggest mistake in American history was not holding the Confederates criminally responsible for treason.  There should have been Nuremberg style trials and executions where warranted.  

I hope we don't make that same mistake again.

• Like 5

But the caravan.  We gotta get the military there.  It's an INVASION!

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/troops-us-mexico-border-come-home-1005510

The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive. 

Democrats and Republicans have criticized the deployment as a ploy by the president to use active-duty military forces as a prop to try to stem Republican losses in this month’s midterm elections.

The general overseeing the deployment told POLITICO on Monday that the first troops will start heading home in the coming days as some are already unneeded, having completed the missions for which they were sent. The returning service members include engineering and logistics units whose jobs included placing concertina wire and other barriers to limit access to ports of entry at the U.S.-Mexico border.

All the troops should be home by Christmas, as originally expected, Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan said in an interview Monday.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

You know how I found out there were no WMDs?  Letterman told me.  It was some Top 10 list of why we haven't found them.  "Number 6:  We've only searched 98% of the country" or something.  I was stunned.  Wait?  That's settled then?  I had no idea.  I totally thought WMDs were there, it was just a matter of time. 

I knew there were no WMDs the moment U.S. forces rolled into Baghdad without ever having been attacked with WMDs. If there is only one reason a dictator uses WMDs, it's to hold on to power. If Saddam had them, he would've used them by then. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

14 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

the days of the Trumps fleecing the country while congress refused to do anything about it are done.  Thank god for the Blue Wave 

Can't wait for Team R to start bitching in, oh, late January that the House Dems don't want to govern; they just want to investigate all the time.  

Expect Trump to start using this angle ASAP concerning the 2020 cycle:  "elect Republicans; we actually govern".

• Like 1

Just imagine if Trump used his stranglehold on the GOP for benevolent and altruistic purposes.

The most infuriating thing about the Trump administration is he could have taken the Republican Party in any direction he wanted and he decided to go with nationalism based on a constant stream of outright lies, nepotism, and corruption.

Such a squandered opportunity. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Just imagine if Trump used his stranglehold on the GOP for benevolent and altruistic purposes.

The most infuriating thing about the Trump administration is he could have taken the Republican Party in any direction he wanted and he decided to go with nationalism based on a constant stream of outright lies, nepotism, and corruption.

Such a squandered opportunity. 

That's the only direction Trump knows.  Look at his business "background".  Look at all the dealings, the failings, everything.  It's all he knows.

This is a man who's charitable foundation used charitable proceeds to pay for a painting of himself.

Trump wouldn't know benevolence if it bit him on the ass, much less what it means to be benevolent.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1