Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

I remember when Schumer was going to give him $25B in exchange for DACA. Too bad! 

@StevenTDennis

Ways this wall shutdown fight could have been avoided in the previous 2 years:
1) Trump could have said yes to the bipartisan bill for $25B/10 for walls and such in return for DACA path to citizenship, etc. 
54 Senate votes easily would have gone much higher with Trump support

2) Trump could have accepted other DACA-for-border offers made by Democrats.

3) Republicans could have passed a mandatory wall funding program in a reconciliation package (Cruz & Co. suggestion). They didn't even try to pass a budget resolution this year, which is a pre-req.

4) Nuclear option, pushed today by Trump and Steve Daines. End the filibuster. Requires 51 Republicans to back. Mitch McConnell opposes as do many other Republicans who signed a letter from Susan Collins backing the legislative filibuster.

5) Get Mexico to pay for it. Democrats from the beginning have asked why Mexico isn't paying.

6) Comprehensive immigration overhaul. Lamar Alexander urged Trump to be "Nixon-to-China." Ds would have gone along with a lot more on legal immigration  changes -- the holdup on the DACA/wall deal -- if the 11 million had been addressed.

Edited by retread

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On the topic of govt workers that are expected to show up to work and get paid later, how long would any of us agree to that pay plan?  A month?  Two?

at some point I would think it would be illegal to require someone to work without pay, or the uncertainty of pay.   If you don’t show up, we are going to fire you, but if you do show up we’re not paying you.  

Wife and I talked about this last night.

We are probably outliers in a sense we have savings, no car payments, little debt (other than the house) and I make decent coin.  We will be ok.  What is bothering her is the prospect of working for who knows how long with no paycheck to show for it.  Sure, as an essential fed, she will get the money back eventually....but as she pointed out, it's just tiresome to her mentally, to know that she's expected to work with an IOU in lieu of pay for an indeterminate amount of time....and this time, it's different (all 3 parties control government, and its over a fucking wall).

She loves her job, and she knew she wanted to do this when she was in junior high.  She never changed her degree, never had a second thought, anything.  She's one of those who gets to work half an hour each day to go over things to make sure there is nothing amiss, no surprises, etc.  She loves her workplace, loves the responsibility, even loves her pay.

But, she's getting tired of this.  To answer your question, she said 2 months.  After that, she's gonna start looking.  And that prospect really disappoints her.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Beware of Dworkin. He's a nutjob. 

Indeed he is, but the story is very interesting.

New Jersey prosecutors have collected evidence that supervisors at President Trump’s Garden State golf club may have committed federal immigration crimes — and the FBI as well as special counsel Robert Mueller have played part in the inquiry, the Daily News has learned.

Anibal Romero, a Newark attorney who represents several undocumented immigrants who used to work at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, said Friday he recently met with investigators from the state attorney general’s office and handed over fraudulent green cards and Social Security numbers that management at the club allegedly procured and gave his clients, Victorina Morales and Sandra Diaz.

Morales, a Guatemalan national who is still employed at the club but has stopped going to work, and Diaz, a Costa Rican national who used to work there and has since obtained legal status, are among at least five undocumented housekeepers at the club who allege they were set up with fraudulent documents and subjected to abuse and racial harassment.

Morales and Diaz first came forward with their allegations in interviews with The New York Timesearlier this month.

Both women allege management at the Trump club knew they were undocumented and set them up with fake work documents.

In Morales’ case, Romero said a supervisor compiled all of her information and then took her photo in the laundry room of the club.

A few days later, the boss — who’s not being named by The News — told Morales he had received her fake documents and said he would hold on to them.

“This was a practice and pattern,” Romero said. “My clients felt like they were trapped and they felt like the fake documents could be used against them.”

“It is unacceptable for any government agency to have persons in custody sign documents in a language they clearly do not understand,” Cuz’s statement said.

While the Department of Homeland Security said that Maquin had not been taking food or water for a few days, Cuz also said his daughter had, in fact, been eating and drinking in the time up to their border crossing.

The statement also noted that despite media and government reports, the family has not yet been informed about the cause of Maquin’s death.

http://time.com/5481070/father-7-year-old-died-border-patrol-custody/

Edited by retread

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Indeed he is, but the story is very interesting.

are among at least five undocumented housekeepers at the club who allege they were set up with fraudulent documents and subjected to abuse and racial harassment.”

—> substitute “housekeepers” with “underage eastern euro girls” and you’re looking at the now defunct Trump Models Mgmt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump has illegals on his payroll (cheap labor) while at the same time calling them all drug traffickers. 

Would have been surprised if Trump didn't hire illegal aliens and take advantage of them to be honest.

The illegals probably bring trump his drugs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retread said:

I remember when Schumer was going to give him $25B in exchange for DACA. Too bad! 

The DACA shit is so fucked up. It should have been extended rubber stamp-no brainer style with essentially zero debate or controversy. When you actually learn about DACA and see how much of a rigid bureaucratic clusterfuck it is, it makes you admire the fuck out of the young people actually going through it. They have do jump through so many hoops and walk the straight and narrow. From USCIS website:

You may request DACA if you:

1. Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
  2. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  3. Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
  4. Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
  5. Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012;
  6. Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
  7. Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor,or three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

In addition to all that, you have to check in and show your progress and good standing like you're a felon reporting to your parole officer.

Notably, one of the criteria can be satisifed by BEING A VETERAN WHO WAS WILLING TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR THE COUNTRY WHOSE INSANE PRESIDENT USES YOU AS AN AFTERTHOUGHT BARGAINING CHIP AND WOULD JUST AS SOON DEPORT YOU.

I would guess the worst DACA eligible person in this country is more impressive and 10x more American than your average deplorable.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

. . . and then there's the fact that the wall would not have been built by now had the funding been approved.  But hey, Trump's just being Trump.

He hated Obama's catch-and-release policy so naturally it's the Democrats' fault when children die in his custody. 

Should be on every page of this thread but if you support trump still... fuck you. You aren’t a real American, you aren’t a patriot, you aren’t what the founding fathers  Envisioned. And I say this with kindness, I hope your children view you with affection. bc I don’t. Fuck your traitorous cunt ass, burn in the hell you deserve

yes, just watched ice box on hbo...

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Blaming the party out of power for the deaths

everybody sing along:

take a dip

take a dip

take a dip on me

oh, lordy, take a dip on me

yeh, lordy, take a dip on me

'cause dip means die in prison

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Well it caused Mattis to quit, so that to me is a potential downside.

Who’s are Secretary of defense now anyway? Is it gonna be the Kush? Because that would just be epic. Maybe they should think about money whipping Kliffy away from the Trojans. 

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

An Op-Ed piece where the author suggests how the Trump administration should successfully leave Syria? FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

An Op-Ed piece where the author suggests how the Trump administration should successfully leave Syria? FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

No he actually suggested it was a good idea. Not Armageddon.

It’s ok to admit Trump did something smart. It’s rare, but go with it. 

It’s liberating to realize that people aren’t all stuck in one box. They can be right on some things and wrong on others. We’ll get along better if you realize that. 

Edited by GRHorn

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Thanks for keeping up Rick Wilson. What a douchebag. 

https://www.agweb.com/mobile/article/chinaplans-more-us-soybean-purchases-soon/

Umm.., not to call you a fucking liar but this was 12/13, and it says China will buy as soon as Thursday  so let’s act like adults, cool? 12/13 was a Thursday so... either they counted on the audience being too retarded to count or they meant the next Thursday the 20th. Either way your link is not clear and doesn’t prove your point. When you want to join the grown ups in adult intelligent convo please do. Until then.. please, stop being a trump

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

We just gave Iran and Russia a land bridge to Israel via Kurdish controlled territory, while permanently burning the Kurds as allies in the future, so maybe you guys should stop trying to minimize this dipshit's incompetence and realize it has real geopolitical consequences. 

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

Umm.., not to call you a fucking liar but this was 12/13, and it says China will buy as soon as Thursday  so let’s act like adults, cool? 12/13 was a Thursday so... either they counted on the audience being too retarded to count or they meant the next Thursday the 20th. Either way your link is not clear and doesn’t prove your point. When you want to join the grown ups in adult intelligent convo please do. Until then.. please, stop being a trump

Holy shit.

Do you think this is Russian disinfo? Do you think Bloomberg is in on the whole thing?  

Damn I think you’re on to something. 

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

No he actually suggested it was a good idea. Not Armageddon.

It’s ok to admit Trump did something smart. It’s rare, but go with it. 

It’s liberating to realize that people aren’t all stuck in one box. They can be right on some things and wrong on others. We’ll get along better if you realize that. 

His SoS said Armageddon so fuck all death wishing Christians. I want to live. In fact, not Christian related, fuck anyone wanting to end our world